DaVinci surgery soon | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

DaVinci surgery soon DaVinci surgery soon

Unread 09-27-2010, 05:51 PM
DaVinci surgery soon

I am so nervous. I am having a DaVinci hysterectomy on October 1st. Is anyone else here having this procedure? Has anyone here already had the procedure? My sister is an OR nurse and she said it can take a long time just to set up the robot. I have adenomyosis and 3 very large fibroids. I have so much abdominal pressure every day, and the cramps are miserable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2010, 06:19 PM
Re: DaVinci surgery soon

I had a DaVinci total hyst on Jul 29th. I am very pleased with the results. I was told that the robotics takes about 30 minutes or less to set-up. Don't worry you are asleep. I too had adenomyosis. It was causing bladder issues, etc. You will feel so much better! Are you going to have a total hyst?

I was pleased with the recovery..minimal pain(off meds after 12 hrs), bleeding minimal, etc. Of course, everyone is different. Once you check around, you will notice a general pattern.. most not all that have a DaVinci have less recovery issues. You will do fine. Best wishes!! See you in post-op, later!!
Unread 09-27-2010, 06:34 PM

I am having DaVinci on Friday too! The waiting is killing me...will be so glad to get this over with! Good luck to you! Please make sure you post in the post op section!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2010, 06:38 PM

It took about an hour to set up the robot in my case. After that it went as planned. So far I haven't had a complicated or overly painful recovery.
Unread 09-27-2010, 06:59 PM

My surgery was on sept 17..I didn't bleed I spotted for the first few days..only trouble I had was actually gettin in and out my bed..now the side effects I had to the surgery was moving my bowels and I've had some urination problems due to the cath..but ull be fine its the best way to go if ur gna hav a hyster..hav a speedy recovery
Unread 09-27-2010, 07:35 PM

I just had a dvh last Thursday and have to say that my recovery so far is going really well. I had slight spotting for the first couple of days, my incisions seem to be healing well and I have had very minimal pain. The gas pains have been the worst, but Gas-X has been taking care of that! I'm REALLY glad that I chose this method for my hysterectomy and would recommend it to anyone! I don't know how long it took them to set up the robot.....I have a vague memory of seeing it when they wheeled me into OR, but I wasn't alert for very long. ;-)

Good luck! I wish you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery! Be sure to keep us updated on your progress post-op!
Unread 09-27-2010, 07:41 PM

my surgery is for mon oct 4th. Good luck
Unread 09-27-2010, 08:02 PM

I too am having the robotic on Friday! I can't wait, but am a little nervous as it gets closer. Good luck to all and hope all goes well.
Unread 09-27-2010, 08:06 PM

I had my surgery done on the 8th, and I remember seeing the robot, and switching beds but fell to sleep right after that. I had a few complications at first in the hospital, but the recovery so far has been good. The gas pains were the worst for me, the ones under the collar bone made it hard to breathe, so back and shoulder/chest rubs were called for and lots of GasX. Hope your surgery and recovery goes well!! Good luck!
Unread 09-27-2010, 08:06 PM

I had my DVH on September 7th and just started my first week back to work - and I really could have gone back sooner if I really wanted to (I didn't!)

My experience was very similar to other posters' - the catheter irritation and dealing with urinary tract issues as a result was the worst of it, and it wasn't so bad. I was off pain meds pretty soon after surgery (day three, I think) but kept taking advil to keep the general soreness at bay.

In general, it feels like a miraculous procedure. I was so worried about things like terrible gas pains and constipation since I'd read so much about that from others. I found that gas did kind of hurt, but dietary changes like avoiding dairy and beans and other trigger foods (and sticking to high fiber/non gas producing foods) really, really helped. As did walking. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Somehow I managed to have a bowel movement the day after surgery, but I think that's to do with my digestive system and not taking the full pain med prescription - they cause constipation.

Have a very speedy recovery! I'm sure it will go very well!!

iam37

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register