needing someone to talk to | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

needing someone to talk to needing someone to talk to

Unread 10-05-2010, 05:31 AM
needing someone to talk to

I wanted to introduce myself to you all in hopes of making some 'private' friends/sisters to talk to. I am having my surgery on Oct 15 (my hubbys b-day, how crappy is that?)
I think all my logistical questions are answered, thanks to my dr and the hyster sisters' stories. I am pretty ok with what is about to happen, however , that doesn't mean I'm without fears. If I think about it too much I get sick. It is very over-whelming.I am trying to have a good attitude, stay strong and keep a sence of humor. Ya know, that never let them see you sweat thing? Lol. But there are times when its gets to me. Just when I think I've got all the questions answered, I think of another one. I didn't expect some of the emotions that I am having. I really have wanted this for a long time ( I still do) as it will end my suffering and now that its here, I find myself worried about things that never crossed my mind. I had my tubes tied 15+ years ago because I didn't want anymore children (I still don't) and the thought of never having another period is wonderful but there are times I get sad about it. What's that crap?
(Sorry a little venting going on there)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2010, 05:38 AM
Re: needing someone to talk to

As my "big day" get closer I think just having someone to chat with would be a good distraction (for lack of better words)
Unread 10-05-2010, 06:54 AM

My prayers are with you. I know it is easier said than done, but please try to relax. I know how you are feeling. I was the same way. I had over a month from the time I knew I was going to have my surgery and when I actually had it. It consumed all of my thoughts. I think that is natural. I had my LSH/BSO last Thursday. I feel great I have not had any problems so far. My only problem is trying to remember not to do things. It is hard for me to "pamper the princess", but I am trying. Hang in there and just think of how much better you are going to feel after your surgery!Praying for you and knowing there are better days ahead
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2010, 06:56 AM

Hi Mrs L

I think quite a few women are surprised by the range of emotions they experience as they head into this surgery. During my own pre-op time, I decided to just let myself experience the emotions as they came, knowing that it was just part of my hysterectomy journey.

And I was so grateful to be able to come to this website to post about those emotions. The women here understood what I was experiencing so much better than my own family did!

I'm glad you've found us so we can encourage you and give you some virtual
Unread 10-05-2010, 07:23 AM

I know like seriously. Do I really have an emotional bond with my uterus? I am sad though. I have 4 beautiful children and my uterus in part made that happen, but it is just a muscle that I really don't need now and causes me grief, but still I feel a loss. Crazy huh... I am also freaking out because tomorrow is the big day.
Unread 10-05-2010, 07:35 AM

Mrs. L,
What you are going thru sounds awfully familiar and normal. There are so many different emotions attached to this surgery. We were done having children...my DH had a vasectomy yrs ago yet I was still sad for some reason. Acknowledge your feelings...they are real and and they are yours. The waiting is truly the worst part in this. For now keep posting here, hug your DH tight and celebrate his b-day a little early! Best wishes!
Unread 10-05-2010, 07:43 AM

I think that just happens---I was post menopausal and still felt it, and the loss of a uterus. It seemed irrational but there you go. I feel OK now except sometimes I miss my uterus, but not badly. It helps to come here with things so I'm glad you did. Maybe have an early DH Bday? Best wishes on your surgery.
Unread 10-05-2010, 07:44 AM

Thank you all for your comments and support. Good luck to miss december1263 tomorrow!
I get my email to my phone instantly so when you ladies comment I get a little boost to read, I am finding that it is very comforting! Today is my pre-op appointment at the doctor. Not sure what will happen other than paperwork but its still nerve wrecking! Its nice to have a little "hug" to read. Thank you all so much!
Unread 10-05-2010, 07:45 AM

Mrs L,
My prayers are with you. I'll repeat what people have been telling me" Remember to breathe" Take a deep breath and allow the feelings to be released. Breathe in positive energy. I hope this helps. I have messaged you if you want to chat via mssg. Take care

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register