Ok over night or not for lavh | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ok over night or not for lavh Ok over night or not for lavh

Unread 09-24-2011, 04:02 PM
Ok over night or not for lavh

I was told by scheduler I was staying over night. But I have seen some ladies say they were told same thing but ended up being discharged.
How many of you stayed over night for lavh?
I didn't want to at first, but wonder if they will let me cuz I feel I would get a better head start at rest if I do as I have a four year old at home full time and I always push things too soon and all that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Re: Ok over night or not for lavh

I stayed overnight with my LAVH. My surgery was kind of late, but I was scheduled to stay overnight anyway. I'm really glad I did...I was pretty out of it after surgery. Best of luck!
Unread 09-24-2011, 04:41 PM

Hi, I was lucky they did not rush me out. I stayed 2 nights. I live in canada in ontario. My doctor came around and told me I would not be sent home if I still had a catheter and that as long as my bladder was functioning well on its own and I felt fine I could go home. I stayed Tuesday, Wednesday and Left around 1pm on Thursday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2011, 04:57 PM

Well i sure hope I stay. I live in colorado, and out here the last few years they have been quick to push people out the door after surgeries. Maybe I could be wrong depending on the type. But with my lapo's I was up and out the door exactly after I woke up. If not sooner than that.
Unread 09-24-2011, 04:59 PM

yeah here too, the nurses kept saying I was going home the next day and then my doctor came in toward the end of my first day and I told him I was concerned because I did not feel well and the nurses kept saying I was going home tomorrow and he told me I was not going home the next day and that he had to approve it so not too worry. I was lucky I had a doctor that seemed to understand.
Unread 09-24-2011, 05:09 PM

Do you think It would be ok for me to ask my gyn to let me stay over night? IS it up to her or insurance?
Unread 09-24-2011, 05:12 PM

I do not know how it works in the states here it is all paid for by the government and they do whatever the doctor recommends pretty much. I feel lucky to not have to worry about those things. Well take care and ask the doctor if he would say you need to spend the night and call your insurance company and ask if the doctor says you must stay is it covered.
Unread 09-24-2011, 06:16 PM

I stayed overnight. My surgery started at 10am. My doctor wanted to keep me two nights, buy my night nurse sucked so bad and I convinced him I would be better off at home.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register