Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Unread 08-30-2007, 11:00 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Hi Everyone!

It's Day 7 post-op TAH and I'm pretty pleased with my progress so far. My swollen lower abdomen is "numb" in spots.....hmm. I wonder if the feeling/sensation to touch returns when the swelling goes away? I've been fortunate to tolerate 25min walks daily since Day 4post op which is really surprising. I've been a passenger in the car - not really keen to drive just yet but that's okay as I don't need to.

Today things feel "tight" which I would imagine indicate internal healing.....

I wish you all a speedy recovery.

C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2007, 08:49 AM
Happy You Are Doing Better

I Has My Surgery August 13,2007. My Belly Is
Still Big. My Doctor Said That My Incision Outside
Looks Good,but In They Still Has A Ways To Go. I
Am Trying Not To Do So Much. I Have Two Children
14 Old Son And 6 Year Old Daughter. I Am So Glad
That The Surgery Is Over With. I Was Having Heavy
Two Week Periods And Severe Pelvic Pains. They
Said That I Had Alot Of Fibriods And Left Cyst On
My Ovary. I Did Kept My Right One. I Hope It Keeps
Working. I Am 42 Years Old. You Take Good Care
Of Yourself And Keep Me Posted On Your Progess.

Creshaunda Robinson
Pasadena,texas
Unread 08-31-2007, 09:08 AM

Good news- my fever is gone. Bad news- it turned into a migraine last night. Good news- Imitrex still works. For any of you that have had menstrual migraines, the "warning signs" for this one were entirely different than what I had gotten used to for years, so it took me by surprise. I had come to be able to catch them real early previously, but I guess now that my estrogen is coming from a pill and not my ovaries, it's a new ball game. I'm hoping that down the line a little HRT adjustment can rid me of migraines altogether, but that's another story.
I've spent a good deal of my life living in 3rd world countries, and while medical care in the Bahamas is good in the city, there are a lot of folks that don't have the financial where-with-all to get the medical attention that I have recieved. I've been to too many countries where medical resources were stretched way to thin to even BOTHER with "women's problems". I am so thankful that when I got sick, I had access to experts who are getting me back on track to good health. I now realize that recovery from this surgery will take longer than I'd hoped, but I'm still overwhelmed with gratitude that I got the attention I needed and the chance ( cause ther are NO guarantees in this life) for good health down the line. In the islands, we regularly get Haitian boats overloaded with refugees who've spent weeks at sea looking for a shot at a better life. When I start to fell sorry for myself, I just think about what my options would've been in this situation if I were a Haitian woman (or Afghan or Sudanese or...). ZILCH! Why I am so blessed, I do not know. I just hope I never get what I deserve!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2007, 10:22 AM

I came home after surgery (TAH BSO) 8 lbs. up 7 days ago. Am down to 2 lbs. up as of this morning, so going in the right direction. I thought it was unfair to gain weight without eating for 3 days around the surgery, but glad it's going down. After losing all those "parts" though I'd lose a few lbs.!
Unread 08-31-2007, 10:53 AM

I am tired out, went to sign papers at work for sick time they are giving me back after an error in how much they owed me ( long story) its only 14 hrs but since I had to wait 7 days till std kicked in will take all the hrs I can get. I also had to go to Wally world to get dog food and go pay house payment so drove quite a bit today. felt good to drive but now I am pooped and ready for a nap. I am only 9 days out from surgery but already feel alot better. I just have to remind myself this was major surgery and take it slow
Unread 08-31-2007, 11:15 AM

HI Everyone,
I had a total vaginal hysterectomy and a bladder sling procedure on Aug 20th. I am doing pretty good except for bleeding and spotting. I have read where this is normal, then I see where most people aren't having this problem. Should I be concerned?
Unread 08-31-2007, 12:26 PM

I had a lsh w/polypropylene mesh for cystocele and rectocele on the 22nd...so far no spotting...but my doctor did say it would be normal if I did, although she thought it less likely with me as she cauterized my cervix to prevent bleeding.....she did mention that at about 2 weeks post op I may see some blood/spotting as this would be old blood finally making its way out...I don't know how much you are bleeding, but if it is enough for you to be worried about it, a call to your doctor should help clear up your fear
Unread 08-31-2007, 01:14 PM

Hey Rita,

I bet getting out for a drive felt good!!!!! I cannot drive for another week!!!!Did hit a point yesterday that I think I feel better and should be allowed to do more and than I can't. That's the hardest. Sleeping is still an issue, tossing and turning all night even with a sleeping pill!!!! DD is at a sleep over DH and DS are out buying the last items needed for college. DS seems a little down I think he is having anxitey about leaving. Sunday will be a very long day.....in addition to how I feel. We are having dinner tonight (chinese take out) as his last family meal home. DH and I had a talk last night that this resting is going to be hard.....I thought it wouldn't but I really can't take not being able to do though I know in my head that I have to heal inside and it will take time. Do I sould crazy? Hope all those posting are doing well..........have a good holiday weekend. Petrina
Unread 08-31-2007, 01:23 PM

8/31/07

I wonder if I didn’t overwork myself yesterday. The whole walking, driving thing… I had a poor night’s sleep last night and it feels like something is swollen internally. I’m also wondering if those two sneezes I had yesterday didn’t jar something inside. I’m not feeling as energetic as yesterday but when I move around I feel good. So today my maximum movement is up and down my stairs for meals and mail. I will say that I’ve been eating well and I might double up on the Reliv.

I’m ordering in tonight. A quick funny story: I was going to order from this place yesterday but as I was watching the news in the afternoon, lo’ and behold there was a bank robbery right across the street. Somehow the perp got out the bank and they’re looking for him now and luckily no one was hurt (can’t figure that one out)…so my favorite soul food place was closed for precautionary reasons. Needless to say, until they catch this fool I won’t be walking the neighborhood. If you’re in the Chicago area, I’m sure you’ve heard this story. lol

May walk half block tomorrow just to make sure the car is still there (I'm sure someone's dying to steal a Neon) and no street cleanings are scheduled.
Unread 08-31-2007, 01:52 PM

What a funny story...... you may have overdone it and thats what your body is telling you. Thats got to be the hardest thing as women we are so used to trying to do it all!!!!! My Dr. used the same insision that was used for my 3 c-sections and it wasn't until I was at the castle that nurses finally explained why it will feel so different......they said that when removing organs they have to use the abdominal walls to sew things up and there are so many internal stiches and they take a long time to heal and will pull more than the c-section. And i can feel the difference So I'm taking it easy today while everyone is out. Petrina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register