Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Unread 09-02-2007, 04:24 AM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

I can't sit in a recliner because of the incision on my buttocks from the pelvic floor repair and am not supposed to be sitting, but have to sit on the edge of my seat for something different than walking or laying down. And I've become a little weapy... Day 6 after surgery. I seem to be pulling something when I try and recline.... not comfortable at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Thanks Bobbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbi63
Thanks for the thoughts! Yeah, I'm the kind too that will usually wait and see until it gets too bad but with this surgery, I'm trying to be very careful and not do anything that would set back the recovery process. Stay well everyone!
I kind of over did it yesterday,but I will take it easy today.
Whn will I be able to sit in the tub. They told me to take
shower so nothing will get in the virginal area. You take
it easy two . I have a 6 year old daughter with so much
energy. I have a 14 year old son. My husband has been
helping out with the cooking which is a huge blessing.

Take Care For Now
Keep Me Posted
Creshaunda
Unread 09-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi lou
I can't sit in a recliner because of the incision on my buttocks from the pelvic floor repair and am not supposed to be sitting, but have to sit on the edge of my seat for something different than walking or laying down. And I've become a little weapy... Day 6 after surgery. I seem to be pulling something when I try and recline.... not comfortable at all.
Do you have a pillow to sit on. I know that has to be
very hard when you cannot sit. I over did it yesterday and
now feeling the pressure in my abdominal area. I will
have to take it easy now.I wonder if your doctor can
prescribed something that can ease the discomfort when
you sit. Please keep me posted.

Creshaunda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2007, 11:22 AM

Thanks for the info, Lisa. Tuesday will be my 2-week mark so it sounds like if I can get past that w/ the strips on, I should be okay. I've been wearing nothing but lose-fitting shorts, sweatpants ,and pj pants - I still cannot even fathom putting a pair of jeans on. Sounds painful.

I've also taken some advice I found here and am keeping Motrin in my system (I had only been taking it when I felt I needed it). That seems to be helping a lot.

I took some valerian root about an hour before bed last night, and slept like a baby. What a treat.

Everything take good care and be well.
Unread 09-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Glad That You Are Feeling Better

I am glad that you are feeling well. I should have taken
something to help me sleep. Some nights I cannot sleep.
I still have some discomfort. I know it will take time to
heal. God did bless me with 14 year son and 6 year old
daughter. I know on some days like yesterday I felt
depress. Today I am doing a little better. Please keep
me posted. You take care of your self.

Creshaunda
Unread 09-02-2007, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creshaunda
I am glad that you are feeling well. I should have taken
something to help me sleep. Some nights I cannot sleep.
I still have some discomfort. I know it will take time to
heal. God did bless me with 14 year son and 6 year old
daughter. I know on some days like yesterday I felt
depress. Today I am doing a little better. Please keep
me posted. You take care of your self.

Creshaunda

I think it's normal to feel a whole range of emotions during this time. Sometimes I find myself feeling like I can conquer the world now, and 10 minutes later, I just want to lay down and forget everything.

If you're still having trouble sleeping, try the Valerian root. They smell awful, but if you can get past that, they really do help - and they're completely natural.

Take good care and heal well.
Unread 09-02-2007, 01:31 PM

Oh this all sounds familiar!sorry the cat is helping me type! But yeterday I felt so much better and today am having trouble moving...re-checked the check list of what NOT to do. Been doing several things not supposed to but I am getting cabin fever. Rainy here for weeks it seems. I need my vit D fix! Amazing what 10-15 min in the sun can do! Today, don't know if its the pain or weather but feel YUCK. Good point of the day was short walk with my 3 y/o out back. I need the exercise and she was all over going for a walk in the yard. We were attacked by mosquitos but made the best of it. Put on rain gear and bug spray...went on a 'mushrrom hunt' b/c we have so many growing on our property. Feel lucky b/c we live in 3 acres in the city but none of this seems to help the yucky blahs....I just am sick of being in pain! I want to do things again but guess the pain is a reminder NOT to. UUUGGGGHHHH. frustrated.
Unread 09-02-2007, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish42
Oh this all sounds familiar!sorry the cat is helping me type! But yeterday I felt so much better and today am having trouble moving...re-checked the check list of what NOT to do. Been doing several things not supposed to but I am getting cabin fever. Rainy here for weeks it seems. I need my vit D fix! Amazing what 10-15 min in the sun can do! Today, don't know if its the pain or weather but feel YUCK. Good point of the day was short walk with my 3 y/o out back. I need the exercise and she was all over going for a walk in the yard. We were attacked by mosquitos but made the best of it. Put on rain gear and bug spray...went on a 'mushrrom hunt' b/c we have so many growing on our property. Feel lucky b/c we live in 3 acres in the city but none of this seems to help the yucky blahs....I just am sick of being in pain! I want to do things again but guess the pain is a reminder NOT to. UUUGGGGHHHH. frustrated.
I can totally sympathize, Sherry. I'm getting cabin fever big time, yet I realize I still can't do much. It's so frustrating.

I just took the dog for a walk around the small block and I'm beat. A loose dog ran out after him (my baby is a 7lb Yorkie) and I was afraid to pick Tucker up for fear the big dog would jump on me. I got dizzy and thought I was going to fall over. Finally, the stupid woman came and got her dog.

Oh well, back to the lounge chair on the deck, I guess. :-(
Unread 09-02-2007, 02:48 PM

Me too with the somewhat yucky day...it is sunny and beautifully clear outside yet I have just been sitting or laying down...felt a little sore today..not sure if I have been walking around the house too much or if it is as my doctor warned me at around 2 weeks post op she told me I will have some little jabbing pains soreness here and there as scar tissue will be forming????..I am 11 days post op and have been feeling great...not lifting anything, folded 1 load of clothes..that was enough to have my body tell me to sit...I washed few dishes here and there...otherwise been just roaming around the house..one level...and out in the backyard for few....today is my 23yr olds b-day..so just ordered a few specialty pizza's..will sit outside and watch my 3 sons (28yrs, 23 and 6yrs) goof around the backyard...that will be enough to exhaust me for today...did not even worry about having my DH vacuum as he has been working in the yard all day...afterall its only my kids and I am sure they will track grass/dirt in and out anyway...mom's bringing cake and her and DH will clean up and I won't have to lift a finger.... ...I have driven my self and 6yr old to the bank and another time thru McDonalds drive thru..both times I did not have to get out of car but it felt great to be out.....have not taken anything stronger than Motrin since day 3......everyone have a great holiday weekend!!!!
Unread 09-02-2007, 04:05 PM
dutchclog

Hi,
My surgery was similiar, i also had a abdominal hyst.
Over here in Ausssie land we have a waiting list if you do not have private health insurance.
My due date for the hyst for July but that was cancelled at the last minute.
I was actually done last Thursday 23/8/07, very rushed and emotianal, but glad it is done finally.
The operation took longer than they thought due to a few complications ( a huge scar but not too worry). Every thing seems to be going okay, but seems very slowly i do not make a good patient. Find it very hard not to be able to do things especially with my 3yr granddaughter.
A trick for a stool softner, quicker and less painful B/M.
Drink the water from boiled vegies or boiled cabbage,works great no pain (a little secret from my wonderful M/inlaw)
I do find sleeping a night the hardest i've yet been able to go back on my side and my bladder seems to be more active at night. i have my 2 weekly check up this Wed so i hope i get a good report. It is great to have this site to go on as there is not much information around that is simple and easy to understand.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register