Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 - Page 18 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Unread 09-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

So glad you made an appt for your Dr. Can't mess around with those symptoms. Keep me posted on what your CAN scan says. Going for my 2-week tomorrow - have a list of questions for the Dr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2007, 04:17 PM

Let us know how your scan turns out on Thursday Creshaunda--I will be thinking of you. Today has been an okay day-I did get dressed in my big shorts to go drive a few places--not too bad. Tomorrow is my 2 week check with my dr. Still have swelly belly and I am so jealous of Alsgal who lost 20 pounds--congrats on that. I seem to have gained weight-at least I can squeeze rather tightly into my fat shorts or I would be out trying to find something to wear I have been blessed to have my mom around for the last two weeks although she is leaving on Friday then I am on my own with my DH who has his moments of being helpful Off to work on Tuesday--am an office nurse so hopefully the schedule is light and I don't need a nap at 11 am!! Take good care all.
Unread 09-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Thank You!!

I will let you know how the scan turn out. I am glad
that you are feeling well. My pants are tight on me too.
I will return back to work on Sept 26. Looks like I will
be making a trip to target to get a couple of outfits
to wear back to work. I guess I will pick up some shoes
too. When my belly goes down I will bw sooooooo
happy. The good thing is that the surgey is over with.
I did kept one ovary. I hope it works good for a while.
Take care of your self for now. I will keep you posted.

Creshaunda 42 years old
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2007, 07:13 PM

I am off to Target this weekend for clothes too. I am going to ask my dr. tomorrow about how long this belly of mine should last. Take good care and I will be waiting to hear on Thursday.
Unread 09-04-2007, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrotta
I am off to Target this weekend for clothes too. I am going to ask my dr. tomorrow about how long this belly of mine should last. Take good care and I will be waiting to hear on Thursday.

13 days post op and Target was my first trip out of the house where I actually got out of the car!!....I wound up buying maternity cargo pants and few longer tops...the pants are not so bad..the have a little elastic on side of waist and regular zip fly so you can't tell they are maternity....but my stomach seems to be even bigger..maybe walking around too much????....anyway Target seems to be on all of our minds...anything to hide the Swelly Belly.....
Unread 09-04-2007, 07:36 PM

Creshaunda, good luck w/ your appointment on Thursday, let us know how things go.

I drove for the first time tonight. Took my DD to dinner and figured I'd drive while I had someone in the car w/ me the first time. I was fine, but I'm sore. I drive a stick and my left side has been the most painful, so I'm sure using the clutch didn't help that. Still, it's nice to have some freedom again, and I won't go far, but at least I can drive to the store if I need to.

My stomach really bothered me today - almost feel like there's a ball of fire in it, and that alternates with jabbing sharp pains. Annoying. Toast still tastes better than anything else. Also started to spot a bit, but nothing too major and I hope it stays that way.

Wishing you all well ... sending good vibes for comfortable days and nights.
Unread 09-04-2007, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_new_life
Creshaunda, good luck w/ your appointment on Thursday, let us know how things go.

I drove for the first time tonight. Took my DD to dinner and figured I'd drive while I had someone in the car w/ me the first time. I was fine, but I'm sore. I drive a stick and my left side has been the most painful, so I'm sure using the clutch didn't help that. Still, it's nice to have some freedom again, and I won't go far, but at least I can drive to the store if I need to.

My stomach really bothered me today - almost feel like there's a ball of fire in it, and that alternates with jabbing sharp pains. Annoying. Toast still tastes better than anything else. Also started to spot a bit, but nothing too major and I hope it stays that way.

Wishing you all well ... sending good vibes for comfortable days and nights.
My stomach at 13 days post op is huge still...doc had warned me that around week 2 I will begin to feel crampy and some twinges of small sharp pains as my scar tissue begins to form.....she was right on the money...they haven;t been unbearable but would rather live without them at this point....I have to keep reminding myself that she told me 6-8weeks recovery because of mesh repairs also.....walking said was great it I felt up to it, I will know when I over did it and I did once so far...little sore today from my trip to Target yesterday....not too bad...I will try to stick to resting next few days with son starting full time tomorrow....now the pamper me time comes!!
Unread 09-04-2007, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribyra732
My stomach at 13 days post op is huge still...doc had warned me that around week 2 I will begin to feel crampy and some twinges of small sharp pains as my scar tissue begins to form.....she was right on the money...they haven;t been unbearable but would rather live without them at this point....I have to keep reminding myself that she told me 6-8weeks recovery because of mesh repairs also.....walking said was great it I felt up to it, I will know when I over did it and I did once so far...little sore today from my trip to Target yesterday....not too bad...I will try to stick to resting next few days with son starting full time tomorrow....now the pamper me time comes!!
Good for you, Rita... pamper away! You've earned it!
Unread 09-04-2007, 08:16 PM

Good Luck on your scan, I'll cross my fingers and keep you in prayers. i have my 2 week tomorrow. things are going okay......some incision pain but nothing unbearable. I did how ever sneeze for the first time today......... holy cow!!! My huggie pillow is my new best friend. I've also been blessed with a wonderful Mom with whom i've been staying with since surgery... She has made sure I've been comfy. We have made a few short trips out and about..... Not too much or the soreness really sets in. I hope everyone is doing well and continues to do so........

happy healing
Unread 09-04-2007, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytime47
ule, what do you do in Chicago schools? I know how you feel, spent 20 years teaching in our town HS and five years ago moved into counseling in our middle school grades 7and 8. It is strange not to be back today, but I am helping out from home and I was able to go see me son who left for college on Sunday his school had a freshman welcome and brunch if I was working I would not have been able to go husband works nights so we both had a nice morning out!!!!!! Take care Petrina
I teach science. The odd thing is that in the area I work in, unfortunately, some of the kids don't show up until the following week (like 2.5 months just isn't enough vacation for them) So if I go back Monday, it'll be everyone's 'first day of school'.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register