Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 - Page 21 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Unread 09-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Hey Ladies... hope everyone is doing well. I had my 2 week yesterday and everything is on the mark and healing. Still having incision site pain (nothing too bad) and this swelly belly thing. For all of you guys heading to Target......thats where I work (in the pharmacy) Happy shopping!
I still have 4 more weeks (my return to work date is oct 6th).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2007, 07:18 PM

Just over 2 weeks out and doing well. Still having severe stomach pains, particularly after eating, but I'm assuming this is my digestive system working its way back to normal. Did get another 30 Motrin8's since they seem to be helping with pain. All in all, I'm very happy. Also, am down 10 lbs from my pre-surgery high, which is a very nice thing.

Hope everyone is well tonight.
Unread 09-06-2007, 08:41 PM

Ann glad to here your doing so well. I go for my 2 week check up tomorrow afternoon. I lost a little before surgery, but not taking my diet aide makes me want to eat the things I don"t need! Hope all keeps going well in your recovery. Brenda (52) Kept ovaries (Fibroids and Adenomyosis)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2007, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woman2woman
As an educator, I can truly empathize with you. I understand about "so called" friends". Honey, take the whole time to recuperate. As you have found that life goes on without you. The only people that miss you are the people who are stopping by.

Sincerely,
woman2woman
Advice taken. I put a week's worth of work and plans together for all my classes, had Kinkos pick it up, copy it and they'll deliver it to the department chairperson tomorrow. They're on their own next week.
Unread 09-06-2007, 09:25 PM

My 2-week went well today...my concerns were occasional constipation and the seeming hematoma under one of the stitches. What's funny is that I'm all geeked and prepared to complain about the constipation and right before I leave for my appointment I have to 'go' and....diarrhea. Very funny god. lol

**sniff** My sister sent me a copy of my youngest nephew's class schedule (he's a junior in high school) in case of emergency. Meanwhile, the older one who's away at Illinois State has a birthday Sunday and I almost forgot so I bought him a card and slipped in the usual 'sumthin sumthin' that I know he needs. Made me feel like my old maternal self. All this to say that God knows when you need alittle emotional pick-me-up.

Just the shot in the arm that I needed after my post op doctor visit today. For some reason I left feeling alittle emotionally vacant...nothing is particularly wrong. I sat in the waiting room and there were new moms, pregnant women with their hubbies (that's a nice sight) and one lady was having contractions...she looked spent, but beautiful. One other lady was by herself, didn't look pregnant, no mate with her...so I wondered if we had the same thing in common. (that's obviously a wide assumption...just wondered).
Unread 09-06-2007, 09:32 PM

Ule - glad to hear your 2-week visit went well, and Brenda - good luck with yours tomorrow!

I finally couldn't stand it anymore and took my steri-strips off tonight... everything looks fine... all things considered.

Continued smooth recoveries to you both.
Unread 09-06-2007, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytime47
ok, something strange today. Yesterday just took it easy with my DD since it was the last day of summer we had a pj party. I was itchy all day on the left side of my stomach. I have marks from old surgery there and I just thought it was that. This morning after my shower I have to large red blotches on my stomach. Not itchy today, put some cream on them and they seem ok. Anyone have blotches?
You might be allergic to some medicine you are taking. They had given me stool softener. A few hours after I took it, I started to get a rash on my upper thighs and stomach. Stopped taking it and it went away.
Unread 09-06-2007, 09:46 PM

TAH 8/23/07 Two weeks today. I was feeling pretty good the last couple of days and then today was in pain again. Ugh. Had my 2-week post-op yesterday and had my steri-strips removed. My incision/scar looks great! My doctor did a fabulous job. It's nice to have the strips off. I got one of those grabbers to avoid bending down so much. I really want to heal right and rest and not over do it at all in the next 4 weeks. One chance to heal right. I lost weight since my surgery which is a bonus. I had exercised before surgery to be in better shape for recovery. I lost 13 pounds on my own before surgery. Now, down 16 pounds! Yippee! My appetite is not completely normal yet, but getting there. I seem to teeter totter back and forth with that.

A great help has been my tummy pillow. Gosh, I'm never without it. It's my security blanket. My cat likes to walk over me in the night and the pillow has really protected me from her claws!

Oh my gosh, that poor gal whose incision opened! WOW! I hope you are doing better. I can't imagine that. That must have been scary. Seems you persevered and are now even stronger! Women are amazing.

I wish you all continued healing and a good recovery. I love reading all the posts.

Anyone driving yet? I've heard 1-2 weeks, then I've heard 4 weeks. Just curious what the general consensus is.

Thinking of all our Hyster Sisters around the globe!
Unread 09-06-2007, 10:51 PM

My doc recommended Vitamin E capsule oil on the incisions to reduce the chance of an ugly scar ..I kinda want to keep my battle scars to remind me of how much better I'm going to feel after this healing is over....mine are healing very well with this and it keeps your skin lubricated and non-itchy....Just don't apply if you have any open areas or are allergic to it...
My two week follow up went well. People tell me that I don't look like I've had surgery...Walking short distances...I really miss the gym right now, but I can't go till I'm healed up...
I only have twinges of pain if I bend too much, otherwise doing good...Can wear some of my clothes, swelly belly almost gone..
thanks for all the posts, this has been very helpful
Good luck to all of you!...

Meredith 32 yo
LSH for adenomyosis, lysis of adhesions, excision of endometriosis 8/23
Unread 09-06-2007, 11:32 PM

Had my surgery Aug 20. DaVinci assisted subtotal leaving ovaries, tubes and cervix. My surgery took just under 5 hours due to the size and number of fibroids. Had some intestinal problems the first two weeks but now feeling a lot of pain due to what I think is gas. It seems to sit in my upper back and really hurts during the night (which explains why I am up at 1:30 am here in upstate New York). Honestly, I felt better last week!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register