Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 - Page 26 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Unread 09-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

I am glad to hear that everyone is doing better. I guess it just takes time and sometimes I forget about that. I overdid the walking this weekend at the farmers market , I also decided to do the grocery shopping. My DS & DD bagged and carried all the groceries into the house for me, which I am glad that they are a big help. By Sunday night I was drained and a bit sore. I am over two weeks out from having my TVH and I go back to work on the 22nd of September. I am kind of worried now, because I push a cart that weighs over 20lbs (even though it is on wheels). Is the 4 weeks off enough or do I need another 2? If anyone has any answers or thoughts, I would really appreciate them. :0)

Tanya (38) TVH kept ovaries - failed novasure/fibroids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2007, 10:24 AM

Tanya, My Dr. has me out for 6 weeks with his original note.TAH on Aug 22nd. I go back to him on Sept. 24 and would like to start back (I am a 8th grade school counselor) two days that week. That would be my five week point. I would like to be back for the week of October 1st. Today I went for to the gym for the first time did 40 min. on the treadmill and feel great. I think it gave me more engery and a feeling that I can get things done. I know I have to take it easy. I would say listen to your body. This is a healing process not only for our bodies but also our minds. We are used to beging productive women and getting things done......so get going even a little helps. Have a great day, I get to go to the store can finally dirve and pick up some light items. Petrina
Unread 09-10-2007, 10:27 AM

Hey Petrina,

Good for you on the trip to the gym!!...I am going out now for my first post-op food shopping trip...sent my DH yesterday for all the heavy items..LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Still not sleeping too well

My incisions have all healed except for one. Dr. said to expect that as it is the one he had to open up more to accommodate my large fibroids. Still have a little trouble with BMs, but drinking a cup of organic prune juice helps tremendously. I haven't been eating as much as I used to, which might explain why I don't have a regular BM every day. I had one night of chills and a low grade fever, but felt fine by morning and it hasn't happened again. I'm trying not to overdo...have had to stop myself from lifting laundry baskets, etc.

Biggest complaint is this persistent pain in my back, just under the right shoulder blade. Feel it throughout the day, but really bad at night, usually a couple of hours after I go to bed. I'm beginning to think it isn't gas after all. Maybe gall bladder? Will see doc tomorrow and will mention it.

Planning a trip to Florida for a week or relaxation in a new setting! Can't wait. A little concerned about sitting so long, but will try to get up and move a bit. Traveling with my sister-in-law who is a registered nurse, so I feel pretty confident!
Unread 09-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Should I be feeling better by now?

Hi Everyone! My surgery was on 8/20. I had the uterus and both ovaries removed as well as a bladder lift - all done trans vaginally. Its been 3 weeks and I still get sharp pains at times. Getting up from lying down can be painful. There is a constant sharp pain on my right side. I thought the trans vag method was supposed to have a speedier recovery? I go in for my post op exam on 9/18. I'm good at standing, walking or lying down - its sitting that gets painful. Does anyone have any hints?
Unread 09-10-2007, 02:01 PM

hi SunnyDayz, I had a TAH on Aug 22nd. I have no real pain its amost three weeks. Perhaps you should call your Dr. I also thought trans vaginally you are up and about in three to four weeks. Do you have any previous scar tissue from other surgery? Sorry you are in pain, hope it gets better..Petrina
Unread 09-10-2007, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemysheltie

Hi LAdies,

Just got home from the castle.. I had a TAH/BSO... Everything went well .. I had lots of scar tissue and the doc took one ovary due to endometriosis.. He said the scar tissue was so hard to cut through it was like a rock..

Recovering nicely minus the pain when I get up to move around but otherwise fantastic..I hope it stays this good..
Please feel free to write me.. Any ladies with fears, please write I can relate and believe me it's not bad at all.. I can't take minor pain and have fears like you wouldn't believe, it's not that bad.. Just recuperation can be tough but the tough part is over.... :hug
HI I'M RIGHT WITH YOU HAD A TAH/BSO ON AUG 24TH.... I AM DOING WELL AND ON THE MEND. MY MIND WANTS TO DO MORE THEN MY BODY WILL LET ME..... I HAVE HAD 28 YEARS OF PROBLEMS CASS 2R CANCER, (WHEN I WAS 23 YEARS OLD), FIBROID TUMORS..... I HAVE HAD CRYOTHERPY, AND CAUTERIZATION A CONE BIOPSY IN JAUNARY AND YOU NAME IT JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING....I WILL BE HAPPY WHEN I DO NOT HAVE BAD PERIODS ANY LONGER. IT WILL MAKE THIS ALL WORTH IT...AND ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN THINKING ABOUT IT AND NOT SURE ABOUT A HYSTERECTOMY, PLEASE GO FOR IT.. I WOULD HAVE DONE IT LONG AGO, BUT MY INSURANCE COMPANY GAVE MY DOCTOR A HARD TIME. UNTIL THE LAST DRAW... HEAVY BLEEDING AND FIBROIDS....GO FIGURE, THIS HAS BEEN JUST ABOUT A LIFE LONG PROBLEM AS I AM NOW 51 YEARS OLD....I FEEL I AM BLESSED TO FINALLY HAVE THIS DONE..
Unread 09-11-2007, 04:51 AM

hi, doing much better myself though still gassy and some swellybelly, may have overdid it a little on sunday as did my grocery shopping, had a 2 day melt down last week with the weeps, but that seems to be much better now. due to go back to work on the 24th, drs. appt on the 19th. tlh, bso on aug 22nd
Unread 09-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Update three weeks after surgery

My recovery was much easier than I ever expected. I am writing to say that you MIGHT have a lengthy recovery but then again you might not!

My TAH on 8/21 went well. I was home from the hospital in 2 days and dr allowed "any activity you want to do, walking, driving, shopping, cooking, etc" After a week I was adding many of my normal activities back plus 2 short naps - after lunch and after dinner. For exercise I did walking and hand-weights but no abs.

Two weeks after surgery I had my follow up doctor's appt. At that point I was released back to normal life. I returned to work 4 hrs per day.

Now at 3 weeks after surgery, I am back at work and back at the gym, back at everything, same as before surgery.
Unread 09-11-2007, 01:37 PM
After TAH, BSO on 8/21

Hi ladies, I had my surgery Friday 8/31, from 8a-10a, my anesthesiologist gave me a double dose of versed and all I remember from then on in the pre-op holding area, was him giving it to me and then waking up in my room on the floor!
I was up and walking around my room at 4p! (6 hrs after surgery!) I was determined to move and get on.
Pain was minimal, believe me, I have had cramps much worse!
Had catheter and IV out at 5am, then drank lots of water to make sure I peed! success! felt a bit strange at first, kind of strained, but I managed fine. Yes, bending down to sit on toilet and getting in and out of bed was a challenge at first, but not a big deal really.
I was up and walking around the floor 3 times in the morning and again in the afternoon, I so wanted to go home on the day after surgery....
My mother had arrived from Uk at 2am the morning of my op so I wanted to see her.
I was expecting my doc to visit me post-op that morning as I bever got a chance to see her before my surgery, but she was running late and wouldn't be in until late evening....I spoke with one of my nurses and pleaded that I felt fine and wanted to be discharged. She called my doc, who knows me well and I was let go! yay! I left the hospital at 4p the day after having my belly cut, just 30 hrs after surgery!!!...
I was proud of myself and how good I felt, sure I hurt a bit but I knew I would feel much better in my own bed and with my mother who I hadn't seen in almost a year! (she came over all the way from UK...)
The first few days were challenging getting in and out of bed, gas pains and the first BM ....not pleasant, but manageable! other than that I feel fine. Definately have plenty of pillows in bed to prop you up as well as one under your knees...
Incision looks good...it was glued, so no removal of staples etc..still never saw my surgeon and my first post-op appt is on 9/19...I feel this a bit odd that she never even called me etc but that seems to be medicine these days I guess...luckily I am in the profession so am aware of any post op issues that could occur when I would then need her...

Today is my first day alone tho...my mother left this am, I was so upset, first time I cried thru this, feeling a bit vulnerable but just so glad this is behind me and really ladies, I expected to feel worse and am fully mobile doing stuff, and trying not to bend and do too much of course...but feel great for just 9 days post-op. Not sure when I will get the effects of menopause now I am without ovaries....maybe I won't...hope! thank you all for your support when I truly thought I was going to be completely alone thru all this. You all helped me and gave me great advise. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register