Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 - Page 30 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Unread 09-13-2007, 11:26 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

For those of you who are 3 weeks post-op and having sharp pains, spotting etc. I wondered if you were still on your meds.

Reason being is that I have an occasional sharp pain but not often, the tenderness around my stitch area has disappeared (though alittle swollen) and I'm more regular. I don't take any of the medication any more except the ferrous sulfate to regulate my blood count. I feel like I'm functioning better without it (vicodin, ducolace, ibuprofen).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2007, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ule
For those of you who are 3 weeks post-op and having sharp pains, spotting etc. I wondered if you were still on your meds.

Reason being is that I have an occasional sharp pain but not often, the tenderness around my stitch area has disappeared (though alittle swollen) and I'm more regular. I don't take any of the medication any more except the ferrous sulfate to regulate my blood count. I feel like I'm functioning better without it (vicodin, ducolace, ibuprofen).

Hi Ule..glad u had a good time!!......I have been off strong meds since day 3...then I only took prescription Motrin for another week and had not taken it this week at all until yesterday...I am hoping this is just a bad muscle ache/pull...as it really burns, hurts when I move the wrong way and now when I cough as I caught a cold...if it does not subside over the weekend I will get it checked out.....
Unread 09-14-2007, 06:31 AM

It is now 3 weeks since my surgery (TVH, kept ovaries). After a week of feeling great, I also started feeling pain in my lower left area, and now more pressure/discomfort when I cough (where I did not have that before). I feel better knowing I am not the only one, and now wonder if it is a part of the normal heeling process. I also have an infection in my left arm from my IV; taking anti-inflammatory medicine for that. My doctor's appointment is on the 21st, and I will then find out when I can return to work (tentatively set for the 24th). Thanks, as always, for the support.

Tanya
Ohio
42 years young!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2007, 07:34 AM

I am now 3 weeks post-op from my TVH (Kept ovaries). I a bit uncomfortable this last week. But, from reading everyone's posts I am not alone. I have had More spasms in the bottom area with cramping on both sides. Are my ovaries trying to work? And why do I feel more swelly by the end of the day? I thought that I was over the hump after week 2 when I felt really good and then a set back. I guess my body is telling me that I need to slow down and take it easy. I am getting bored and trying to find things to do is getting limited. My DH has been great and lots of help! I see the Dr for my 4 week check on the 20th. And I am supposed to return to work on the 22nd. We will see what he has to say. He has to release me before I can go back. Happy thoughts to everyone on your recoveries.

Tanya 38
TVH (kept ovaries) for failed novasure/fibroids
Unread 09-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Week 3

Hey Everyone! From reading everyone's post, we are pretty much all on the same level!
I have days where I'm fine and then I'm not. I just hate that. I'm really wanting to get things back to normal but can't. It's kind of frustrating!
I was able to do some moderate dinner cooking, loading/unloading the wash machine with help from my son.
I actually sat at our picnic table and repotted some plants someone sent me in a basket.
I think my kids have enjoyed me being home too. They won't know what to do with themselves when I go back to work.
Hope everyone is doing well and healing!

PS. What's with the painful gas???
Unread 09-14-2007, 09:57 AM

I just got off the phone w/doc's office - nurse reminded me that anesthesia slows down the digestive system... could be what's causing all this gas!! I've got such a belly ache and was nausous yesterday afternoon. I've also been letting off "major" gas off and on. My 9 year old will say - good one mom! lol

Waiting for nurse to call back - but figuring doc will just say normal healing......

Mitsy- Ohio
tvh(kept ovaries) on 8/22
Unread 09-14-2007, 10:00 AM

Ya know what ladies? I think I'm going to go back on my daily Aleve. What I've gotten the most from all our posts is that this is a maddening slow healing process. I'm guessing that a daily anti-inflamatory is a GOOD idea to aid in the massive undertaking that my body is engaged in. I have wanted to stop taking any "assistive" meds and just get back to normal, but I'm accepting that it's going to take longer to get there and I need to do everything I can to give my poor traumatized bod what it needs.
I've also been frustrated at how little "gas" I have in my daily energy tank and how dramatic the consequences are for attempting to put in any "extra miles". Tuesday I started my journey home to the island. One plane ride to Florida (empty plane so I got to lay down over 3 seats). Wednesday, a small plane with a stop for Customs, then a boat ride to the island. I've made this trip dozens of times, usually all in one day. This time, even with no baggage and friends to help, I felt so horrible when I got home, I went straight to bed to keep from puking. NOT the homecoming my DH was expecting after not seeing each other since surgery! The good news? I'm HOME after 5 weeks and after a couple days of rest, I'm feeling OK again. For me, that's my reassurance - the best fix for a bad day is REST then I feel better. How many times I will need to be taught that it doesn't take much to overdo it remains to be seen!!

I'm proud of my hystersisters. We're the ONLY ones who know how hard this is - physically AND emotionally. Keep pampering yourselves!!!
Unread 09-14-2007, 12:33 PM
Hope You Feel Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_new_life
That describes what I'm feeling exactly - burning, then very sharp, stabbing pains. I can't imagine that walking would cause problems. If your doc wasn't worried, I would think that's a good sign. I think I'll see how I feel tomorrow and decide whether I want to call or not.

Hope you feel better!!
I hope that you feel better. I was going through that too.
My doctor told me that that was regular healing from my
surgery. I was very concern about the pains and discomfort.
I go back to work on Sept 26th with restriction duties. My
doctor want me to do part-time which is 4 hours the first
week and no lifting. After that I will do 8 hours but still
no lifting for awhile. I went for my four week check-up
3 days ago and still having bleeding and slight discomfort.
She said that my stitches are still in me and the bleeding
is do to that and the olding blood is coming out. Please
take care of yourself and keep me posted.

Creshaunda 42 year old
6 year old daughter and 14 year old son
Unread 09-14-2007, 01:06 PM

Ladies, I think the 3 week mark seems to be just as the checkpoint list describes..you will feel like you are taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back......miracously today, the pain in my right side that I have been feeling for weeks disappeared late this morning ....I think this is our body keeping us in check so that we don't overdo it...but it is very easy to get panicky as sometimes I think that this easy, for the most part, healing process seems to good to be true....my DH told me I have to lay around all weekend and not to do anything....OK...I will conced to 2 more days of pampering!!
Unread 09-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Concerned Nurse

Sisters, I need your help! I'm so concerned. I had a Total Hysterectomy/Bladder Repair for prolapsed bladder, on Wednesday, August 22nd. Wednesday, Sept. 13th was my 3rd week of recovery. Since surgery, I only spotted blood for 3 days then was having yellowish discharge until 12:15 this afternoon when I found about 1 teaspoon bright red blood on my pad. and then when I wiped there appeared to be blood and a clot. (I might add I continue to wipe a small amount of blood every time I go to the bathroom.) I immediately called my doctor. The doctor was not in but one of the nurses there said that sometimes scar tissue will bleed after surgery. Of course I will see the doctor on Monday at the earliest. Being a nurse, I know not to go to the hospital unless I soak a pad etc. It's very odd to me that I would bleed 3 weeks after surgery. escpecially since I haven't been bleeding. Sisters, do you all think I'm over concerned? Could it be that I'm just having a day of what is called spotting? Thanks for your help! Your Hystersister, LadyMargaret

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register