Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 - Page 34 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Unread 09-17-2007, 07:08 PM
Post Op

Hi Ladies!
I had my post op appt today. Doc said I was doing good.
Still have my good days and bad.
I'm 4 weeks out tomorrow....Doc said ok for me to take it easy but I could resume intercourse????????????
At 4 weeks? I have no bleeding, some discharge but very minimal....I'm confused and *****!!! Thank God I still have feeling down there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2007, 08:06 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMargaret
Sisters, this one is for the books. Went to the doctor today and it was just as I thought. No torn stitches and no bleeding. Since I had not had any type of what I would call discharge since surgery, it all broke apart when I started bleeding and passing clots. It was my bodies way of getting rid of all the post-op gook all at one time. Whew I must admit I am relieved. I can get back with my recovery phase. Thank you all for your concern and thank you all for being there for me. Lady M
Lady M - so glad you were able to see the doc and find out that everything is alright. I had a tiny, tiny bit of spotting around the 2nd week - nothing more. Makes me wonder. I guess we're all different.

In any case, relax and pamper the princess!

Petrina - good to hear you found out what the rash was - that's crazy. Hopefully, that cream will ease the itching!!!

Tomorrow will be my 4-week mark. Wow, time is flying by. I had a very good weekend and am feeling well. I hope I've learned my boundaries and can stay within them now. Taking it easy, walking everyday, reading a lot, and catching up on crafts projects. Enjoying my last couple of weeks as a lady of leisure.

I must admit that not being able to vacuum is driving me nuts, but if that's my worst problem, I don't have anything to complain about.

s to everyone!
Unread 09-17-2007, 10:21 PM

Hi this is my first post. I had a TAH/BSO on 24 August. I went to the emergency room on 23 August and was told I had a tumor the size of a grapefruit on my left ovary. I was refered to another hospital and met with the surgeopn on the 24th at 0830. I was in surgery by noon. The lef ovary had twisted onitself so we agrreed to have everything removed. The final pathology showed borderline malignancy stage 1A, but they did remove everything so there should not be any more propblems. I am 3 weeks out and still have good and bad days. I thought it was just being a baby till I read the posts. I don't see my doctor again until 8 October. I'm hoping I get released to work. I work at a police department and part of my job entails working in the jail. I'm not sure if I will be ready for that part of my job or not since it is possible to end up in a fight with a prisoner and also involves alot of lifting and bending. With any luck I will be released to light duty which would allow meto work in the dispatch office.
Still having trouble with the B/M, I mostly have gas. Trying to wean myself off the pain meds. I only use them when I have a bad night I'm still pretty sore. Hopefully all that will clear up soon. I'm bored out of my mind and have to remind myself not to do more than my body is ready for
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2007, 08:14 AM
hang in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyk9
Hi this is my first post. I had a TAH/BSO on 24 August. I went to the emergency room on 23 August and was told I had a tumor the size of a grapefruit on my left ovary. I was refered to another hospital and met with the surgeopn on the 24th at 0830. I was in surgery by noon. The lef ovary had twisted onitself so we agrreed to have everything removed. The final pathology showed borderline malignancy stage 1A, but they did remove everything so there should not be any more propblems. I am 3 weeks out and still have good and bad days. I thought it was just being a baby till I read the posts. I don't see my doctor again until 8 October. I'm hoping I get released to work. I work at a police department and part of my job entails working in the jail. I'm not sure if I will be ready for that part of my job or not since it is possible to end up in a fight with a prisoner and also involves alot of lifting and bending. With any luck I will be released to light duty which would allow meto work in the dispatch office.
Still having trouble with the B/M, I mostly have gas. Trying to wean myself off the pain meds. I only use them when I have a bad night I'm still pretty sore. Hopefully all that will clear up soon. I'm bored out of my mind and have to remind myself not to do more than my body is ready for
Hopefully they will give you light duty because understand, even after the six weeks before we resume to normal activities, it still takes the body at least a min. of six months to a year for a full recovery. And yes, I'm still sore at times too but going into my fourth week now, I'm able to make a whole dinner, stand for longer than ten minutes, walk up stairs a couple times a day and tidy things up in the house. Also, here are just a few things I have begun doing in my boredom too, "luvmyK9": file old mail, throw out excess paper, catch up on interiour design magazines, HGTV to the max (smile), feed patio plants and water 'em (the kidz have forgotten about 'em and you can't do that too much here in Texas). So basically, enjoy this time with the family waiting on you, if you have immediate family, and if not, let those who care for you wait on you, enjoy the pampering and relax. This too shall pass....God Bless!
OH, forgot to mention, with gas pains, Gas-X is good if taken twice a day and eating apples; stay away from dairy products for a few days; eat plenty of salads and as far as the medication, use it as pain becomes too unbearable. that's a way I've weaned myself. You should get to the point where you'll have good days with hardly any pain and those days, you just have to stay medicated. Its all part of the process I'm learning. Keep taking those vitamins and eat some kinda' fruit daily and you'll see the gas slowly move out of the way. Remember, those intestines and other things on the inside are trying to get back to normal and sometimes the medication constipates us. so be careful. take care ..........bye!
Unread 09-18-2007, 11:50 AM

Well, I had my 3 week check up today including a pelvic exam (ugh). I had my LSH ( kept ovaries and cervix ) on 8/24. He said I have absolutely NO restrictions as far as lifting, working, exercising and sex. I know that I am still suffering from swelly belly which he recommended mylicon for (I don't feel like it's gas related) and also get tired and sore by evening when I try to do more. He encouraged me to push myself more. I told him I didn't want to ruin anything he did on the inside and he said that I couldn't do any damage. Do any of your doctors (mainly those who had the LSH) tell you what mine told me?
Unread 09-18-2007, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracylz
Well, I had my 3 week check up today including a pelvic exam (ugh). I had my LSH ( kept ovaries and cervix ) on 8/24. He said I have absolutely NO restrictions as far as lifting, working, exercising and sex. I know that I am still suffering from swelly belly which he recommended mylicon for (I don't feel like it's gas related) and also get tired and sore by evening when I try to do more. He encouraged me to push myself more. I told him I didn't want to ruin anything he did on the inside and he said that I couldn't do any damage. Do any of your doctors (mainly those who had the LSH) tell you what mine told me?

No...mine told me no swimming, bathes, sex, lifting, exertion until I see her at 6 wks....I asked if it was the mesh as I see alot of other people going back to work ect...she said no that this is what she recommends for all her LSH surgeries anyway........I guess all docs are different...I would go by how your own body feels....I know I just got back from Target and I feel sore...only went for 3 light items and was not even walking around for more than 1/2 hour???????...I don't know if I would be comfortable with my doc telling me to push myself more...only you know how your body feels...I feel like I can do anything I used to, but my body quickly tells me otherwise...so I started off the day with size medium track pants...after trip to Target, swelly belly erupted and I had to change into my size Large...LOL....so I do still have swelly belly....not as bad as it was first 2 weeks but definetely still there
Unread 09-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Everyone Has Good Advice

Everyone's advise is really wonderful! From my experince I would tell everyone also when starting to feel better please try to stoop whenever possible instead of bending, pushing a grocery cart for too long (not good) and to be very consciuos when getting in and out of the car!!!! It is so easy when you feel good to really overdo it in those areas. Good Luck Everyone Brenda TVH (Fibroids & Adenomyosis) Kept Ovaries & Tubes
Unread 09-18-2007, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11306em
Everyone's advise is really wonderful! From my experince I would tell everyone also when starting to feel better please try to stoop whenever possible instead of bending, and to be very consciuos when getting in and out of the car!!!! It is so easy when you feel good to really overdo it in those areas. Good Luck Everyone Brenda TVH (Fibroids & Adenomyosis) Kept Ovaries & Tubes

Great advice!!!....I really was not thinking about the bending part the first few wks ..until I read it on here....now I am stooping only....great for the thigh muscles..LOL
Unread 09-18-2007, 12:03 PM

I feel the same way. I have not vacuumed or done any real lifting and of course my doctor said I could tell my husband that he said no sex, lifting, heavy housework etc. for 6-8 weeks. Do you feel your swelly belly is from gas? I don't. I had to buy a few pairs of shorts and exercise pants with elastic waist so I could wear something outside of the house other than my pj bottoms. I am 41 years old by the way. My husband thinks since I look ok on the outside I should be back to normal. He's not the real warm and fuzzy type. He's not a slave driver either but I feel like he thinks I'm just being lazy. My 12 year old daughter has been my biggest help.
Unread 09-18-2007, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracylz
I feel the same way. I have not vacuumed or done any real lifting and of course my doctor said I could tell my husband that he said no sex, lifting, heavy housework etc. for 6-8 weeks. Do you feel your swelly belly is from gas? I don't. I had to buy a few pairs of shorts and exercise pants with elastic waist so I could wear something outside of the house other than my pj bottoms. I am 41 years old by the way. My husband thinks since I look ok on the outside I should be back to normal. He's not the real warm and fuzzy type. He's not a slave driver either but I feel like he thinks I'm just being lazy. My 12 year old daughter has been my biggest help.
I am right there with you...4 weeks out tomorrow and I still have swelly belly and broke down yesterday and went to Pennys to buy 4 new pairs of pants in bigger sizes...no I don't believe it is gas either as I don't seem to have or feel any since 2nd week........I am 46 and few lbs overweight (only 10-15) so I am not out of shape..I actually lost 7 lbs according to scale but not according to how I fit in clothes!!!!I also would not dream of vacuuming and my 6yr old loves to be a helper and carry everything I can't

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register