Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 - Page 38 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Unread 09-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Good, easy-paced day

Everyone sounds so upbeat! I think we're all going to be in rare form by the holiday season.

Did some driving, lite grocery shopping, took a nice walk (6 blocks sloooooowwwwly) , ate a huge lunch a combination of which made no sense (baked potato & cheese pizza?), talked with sis and co-worker on the phone, took care of alittle business, washed hair, ate dinner and here I sit watching the Hitchcock marathon on AMC.

My goals at this point are to
  • put on weight
  • gradually enter into a toning exercise regimin
  • continue to heal internally
  • prepare to go back to the real world (work) October 1st
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2007, 05:55 AM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

I've been drinking cranberry juice off and on this past week, noticed when I go after drinking it that it burns - if I dont' drink it, it doesn't burn.... what's with that??? I haven't been getting up to go during the night like I usually do either - wonderful~~~~ happy about that!

Ule - wish I could give you some of my weight! Everyone keeps mentioning how they've lost and I haven't lost a pound! (not even my utuerus weight??) frustrating.

I am sore today from doing what I did. I need to go grocery shopping, but will have to find someone to go with me - am NOT pushing a grocery cart at this point!

Take care girls!!
Unread 09-20-2007, 07:41 AM
Mitsy UTI?

Mitsy somewhere on the hystersisters site I read some info about that and yogurt not just eating it but also appling it but you can"t use flavored of course and has to be a certain kind, I'm not sure so no one can quote me on anything I do know I have heard it before tho. If it doesn't seem to be better just call your DR. , don't wait too long. Hope everyone else is having a good day. Take Care and be careful Brenda(TVH) Fibroids &Adnemyosis ,kept opvaries &tubes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2007, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerica
I had a LSH also on 8/24 and my doctor told me the same thing except to wait until week 4 for sex. He told me to do what I feel up to doing and that I could not do any internal damage because of the way he did the surgery with no stiches except in the incision. I too thought it was weird and have been trying to take it as easy as possible. I get very tired by the evening and feel very sore at times. I am personally trying to listen to my body and only do the things that do not cause me discomfort.
I'm glad to hear from you. I just told my husband yesterday that dr okay'd sex but that it was up to me. I know that it's more the fear of hurting for me and I told my DH that he would have to be very gentle. I also am achy, crampy sometimes and bloated by evening. I want to start exercising (power walking) but I know how I feel after a day of just regular activity at home. The dr. says exercising will help me get my energy back. I haven't had energy for the last 1 1/2 years or so. I wish I would have tried to get into better shape before my surgery. I am listening to my body too because it will only let me do so much and definitely lets me know when I've done too much.
Unread 09-20-2007, 02:46 PM

Well...Just got back from the DR. Went in for my 4 week check. He did a internal exam and said everything looks good, except that my internal stitches have not started to come out. He also thinks that I have a Vaginal Infection. So, I am now on antibiotics for the next 7 days. But, I still have to be careful of lifting and no sex for 2 more weeks. UGH!! Also, no work yet. I am just to rest and take it easy. I don't need to see him till December for a regular exam. YEAH!!! Just wants to check the ovaries. Otherwise things are good her. Hope that everyone is healing well....More you later!

Tanya (38)
TVH for failed novasure/fibroids..kept ovaries
Unread 09-20-2007, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcwave
Well...Just got back from the DR. Went in for my 4 week check. He did a internal exam and said everything looks good, except that my internal stitches have not started to come out. He also thinks that I have a Vaginal Infection. So, I am now on antibiotics for the next 7 days. But, I still have to be careful of lifting and no sex for 2 more weeks. UGH!! Also, no work yet. I am just to rest and take it easy. I don't need to see him till December for a regular exam. YEAH!!! Just wants to check the ovaries. Otherwise things are good her. Hope that everyone is healing well....More you later!

Tanya (38)
TVH for failed novasure/fibroids..kept ovaries
Congrats on your positive exam. I go for my checkup on Monday before I go back to work on 10/1. Exactly how are the internal stitiches supposed to 'come out' and what do they look like?
Unread 09-20-2007, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcwave
Well...Just got back from the DR. Went in for my 4 week check. He did a internal exam and said everything looks good
Fantastic I don't have my first check up till October 8th when hopefully I will get released back to work. I am out of sick leave and now am using my vacation time. Some vacation.

Good luck on your exam ule

Today started ot as a pretty good day for me. I went out walking and may have gone to far. My body said rest. Actually it yelled at me to rest so I had to go back to the couch.
I guess I need to start using this time to start working on some Christmas presents.
Unread 09-21-2007, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ule
Congrats on your positive exam. I go for my checkup on Monday before I go back to work on 10/1. Exactly how are the internal stitiches supposed to 'come out' and what do they look like?

I did not understand that either. But the doctor told me that either your body will absorb them, or you will see them come out when you wipe. Not a big deal though. Just takes time. Good luck with your check up!

Tanya
Unread 09-21-2007, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11306em
Mitsy somewhere on the hystersisters site I read some info about that and yogurt not just eating it but also appling it but you can"t use flavored of course and has to be a certain kind, I'm not sure so no one can quote me on anything I do know I have heard it before tho. If it doesn't seem to be better just call your DR. , don't wait too long. Hope everyone else is having a good day. Take Care and be careful Brenda(TVH) Fibroids &Adnemyosis ,kept opvaries &tubes
Hey Misty & Brenda
The yogurt combats yeast. Acidolphilus works too, and you can pick up the shelf stable kind (at any health food store, and I think WalMart or Walgreens) so you don't have to keep it in the fridge. It's supposed to improve intestinal health which in turn improves all over health. But as always ask your Dr. about dosage/useage if you're not sure. (Acidolphilus works great for yeast infections too when you use it as a vaginal supository! But that's a story for another time.) Anyway, good luck!

Week 4 and 3 days and tired like crazy. But I feel pretty good. Got my hair cut and colored yesterday...felt really great just doing something for me. New body, new hair....hummmm....look out world couple more weeks & I'm really going to let loose! lol
Unread 09-21-2007, 01:50 PM
who is your doctor?....inquiring minds wanna know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracylz
Well, I had my 3 week check up today including a pelvic exam (ugh). I had my LSH ( kept ovaries and cervix ) on 8/24. He said I have absolutely NO restrictions as far as lifting, working, exercising and sex. I know that I am still suffering from swelly belly which he recommended mylicon for (I don't feel like it's gas related) and also get tired and sore by evening when I try to do more. He encouraged me to push myself more. I told him I didn't want to ruin anything he did on the inside and he said that I couldn't do any damage. Do any of your doctors (mainly those who had the LSH) tell you what mine told me?
Hi Tracylz, as I read your thread I was like....huh? Is her doctor serious? I know all doctors are different but some things should be consistent and similar. I, too, had a two week appt. instead of three a couple of weeks ago. It mainly consisted of verbal do's and don'ts, a check up on stitches (THP) and questions I had that were answered. He gave restrictions.... where there were none for you (no lifting, stretching, sex even light gardening and housework was on hold; no working too strenuosly, stay away from exercise for now, even the fat burners, walk a little and rest....He mentioned I was sore and had swelly belly because of the insides still healing. Yes I too get tired come evening and sometimes very painful. And yes he did mention how anyone following surgery should be so careful as not to cause any future damage internally. The couple of times I did "push myself" not by his instruction, I ended up in bed 1-2 days heavily medicated. Your body knows how to heal itself and in one time length. So, not to dispute your doctor's instructions, but you might wanna look into what I've said....unless you did not have major surgery. Anytime you look up what has just taken place with all of the Hystersisters on the website, rest is the main word it gives. Even after your six weeks, my doctor said, your body will still take 6-12 more months to completely make a whole recovery. Just thought I'd send my thoughts and my experience. Would't want you to hurt yourself. Take it easy. Bye!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register