Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 - Page 42 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Unread 09-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

You ladies sound GREAT!!!! So happy things are going well.

Rita, good luck with your Wednesday appointment.

Continue to keep us posted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2007, 07:29 PM

I can't wait to go back for check-up on Friday. (hopefully will find a sitter) Have many questions for her - like why do I still have a sore belly - like muscles or whatever; I'm tired a lot. I can't fit into some of my pants. I'm not having a happy day today - sorry.

Glad everyone is doing so well and we're all finally on the mend!!!
Unread 09-24-2007, 07:35 PM

Misty
I know the feeling i think i am so bored at the moment, my 6 week check up is in another week, ready to go back to work now, but working in the health area, the work is heavy, so Dr wont let me back till the end of Oct.
I am still having trouble sleeping right through still wake up every few hours, and clothes just dont want to fit properly.,
Just a low day but it will get better hopefully we will cheer up by tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2007, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsy
I can't wait to go back for check-up on Friday. (hopefully will find a sitter) Have many questions for her - like why do I still have a sore belly - like muscles or whatever; I'm tired a lot. I can't fit into some of my pants. I'm not having a happy day today - sorry.

Glad everyone is doing so well and we're all finally on the mend!!!

Mitsy we had the same surgery date.....I had a LSH w/mesh for cystocele and rectocele...my pelvic, pubic area is still sore and I still have somewhat of a swelly belly later in the day.....none of my pants fit me comfortably, though I can at least get them on and some even zipped, but than can't breath ........I gave in and bought a few new pair...lifted my spirits to be able to put on a real outfit!!...Hope tomorrow is a better day for you
Unread 09-24-2007, 08:39 PM

Mitsy and Dutchclog, I hope tomorrow's a better day for both of you gals.
Unread 09-25-2007, 06:31 AM

Thanks, girls! Appreciate all the encouraging words! I was not in a very good mood when I typed that - hubby upset me so bad I didn't talk to him all evening. Maybe shouldn't have written LOL. But, my belly was pretty sore yesterday, and still is. Family doc did bloodwork a week and a half ago and it said my cholesterol was 212 (oops) and I was anemic. Probably why I'm so tired. Wondering if I was anemic before surgery, too. Said probably normal for just having surgery! of course!

Today WILL be better - I'll make it that way.

Rita - I had a tvh for low progesterone and prolapsed uterus. I figured that I'd not be having the trouble I've been having. grrrrrr
Unread 09-25-2007, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsy
Thanks, girls! Appreciate all the encouraging words! I was not in a very good mood when I typed that - hubby upset me so bad I didn't talk to him all evening. Maybe shouldn't have written LOL. But, my belly was pretty sore yesterday, and still is. Family doc did bloodwork a week and a half ago and it said my cholesterol was 212 (oops) and I was anemic. Probably why I'm so tired. Wondering if I was anemic before surgery, too. Said probably normal for just having surgery! of course!

Today WILL be better - I'll make it that way.

Rita - I had a tvh for low progesterone and prolapsed uterus. I figured that I'd not be having the trouble I've been having. grrrrrr

Hi Mitsy....I know what you mean about figuring on feeling better by now....I had the DaVinci robotic lap surgery because I thought it would be alot quicker healing....not in my case...I really still cannot walk more than a block or so without feeling sore....also for last week I am battling a bladder infection or irritation..could be my chronic cystitis, but for some reason it is not responding to meds and I have to see doc tomorrow....so yes the recovery road seems long...but grateful I didn't have any serious complications...although my surgery did take almost 9 hrs instead of 3 as the robot kept malfunctioning...my body was full of fluids for 3-4 days and swollen beyond belief......but that was the worst of it I guess...hope you are having a better day today
Unread 09-25-2007, 08:33 AM
five weeks and counting...

Well, ladies, this week will make my fifth week since my TAH and I have to say...no complaints. I'm feeling good for the third day in a row without any medicinal assistance. I was able to make an entire dinner for the last few days and a little dusting around the house with some laundry in between. I've learned from the past not to do too much just because you're feelin' good. Do a lil'....rest a lil. I'm trying to be extremely good at taking it easy because I hope to received a badge of "good health" at next week's six-week appt. I'm also ready for doing other things (*^*%&^ besides just kissing and rubbing my handsome hubbie (if you gals get my meaning.....smile). Anyway, for all of you returning to work, remember take it easy and wear the pumps if not flats for a while. I wore a wedge heeled shoe to a school meeting and only walked and stood for approx. 20-30 minutes in its entirety and when I got home, boy did I ache, so wait on the heels ladies. We're just as sexy without 'em (at least for awhile). And lastly, if any of you have started to do any exercise (light I hope), clue me in. Should I wait on Doc's orders next week or can I get started a few minutes at a time on my treadmill? Anybody out there who has had the TAH and knows of ways to tone the tummy or should we wait? Inquiring minds wanna know. I'd like to lose some weight (185lbs. currently) before the holidays. Thanks for all the advice ladies. Stay beautiful, stay sweet and encouraging. Your thoughts will last some of us a lifetime.
Signing off......Tropical 8 Age 41
Unread 09-25-2007, 08:56 AM

Hey Tropical 8:
I'm right with you. 5 weeks post op today as a matter of fact. I too do a little, then rest, do a little more and so on. My belly just get's so sore. I still have to rest in the afternoon. I started trying to get myself on a routine so I can transition back into my work schedule. It's been tough getting up but it won't jolt me when I do HAVE to get up.
My doc cleared me last week, said ok to resume SEX!!!, but I'm finding that I'm scared and I am taking my time getting comfortable again. I'm worried that my TAH has changed me. I hope not.
As far as exercise, I'm doing 10 minute pilates video -for my arms and maybe start out small on the abs. I also had a panniculectomy so I have to really start small. Doc told me it was ok to start exercising. Walking, Arms and maybe do 20 light sit ups. Not to strain but do a few to feel it. Hyster sisters has a fitness tab. That has been helping me. Check it out.
Unread 09-25-2007, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alsgal1070
Hey Tropical 8:
I'm right with you. 5 weeks post op today as a matter of fact. I too do a little, then rest, do a little more and so on. My belly just get's so sore. I still have to rest in the afternoon. I started trying to get myself on a routine so I can transition back into my work schedule. It's been tough getting up but it won't jolt me when I do HAVE to get up.
My doc cleared me last week, said ok to resume SEX!!!, but I'm finding that I'm scared and I am taking my time getting comfortable again. I'm worried that my TAH has changed me. I hope not.
As far as exercise, I'm doing 10 minute pilates video -for my arms and maybe start out small on the abs. I also had a panniculectomy so I have to really start small. Doc told me it was ok to start exercising. Walking, Arms and maybe do 20 light sit ups. Not to strain but do a few to feel it. Hyster sisters has a fitness tab. That has been helping me. Check it out.
Its good that you've been cleared to resume SEX and start up doing some light work-outs. Yeah, me too, with the sore belly symdrome....especially in the evening time and early morning but not too bad. Why are you scared about sex? and what is a panniculectomy? As far as exercising I can't wait to get the "go" sign on doing something to lose some weight. I've already started trying to eat better and I've gone in the B-E-S-T part of the HysterSisters clubhouse. Good advice on fitness. Do you have a goal in losing pounds, or are you just toning up? Thanks for the advice. I'll be chatting back at cha' sometime. gotta' go - not too good to sit at the computer too long. Bye!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register