Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 - Page 44 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Unread 09-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Dutchclog - I had a TAH/BSO Aug. 20th (about 5.5 weeks ago) and I have felt just like you - period-like cramps, and I've been wondering how/why I have cramps if I no longer have a uterus. I was also tired and extremely sensitive UNTIL JUST TODAY! Give it a few more days and I'm sure you'll see a big improvement. Now I just feel a tugging sensation in the place of pain - big improvement. I still have problems sleeping and am up until all hours of the night. Hang in there - it will happen for you!

Creshaunda - glad to hear you went back to work. Hope your bleeding problem stops soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2007, 11:16 AM

Went for my 6 wk post op yesterday. Got the go ahead to "go ahead" but take it slow. Finally! I can get back to normal! I've been so tired of everyone trying to take care of me! At work anyway, at home it's the same old stuff. Still have a couple stitches left, but they should be gone by next week.
Glad to hear everyone is doing great!
Unread 09-28-2007, 11:23 AM

Hi everyone!!...I think I can officially say that "Swelly Belly" seems to have disappeared finally after almost 6 weeks....had my go ahead checkup already as she won't be here next week....also, I seem to have so much energy...went for a nice power walk w/my sister yesterday...probably a bit too fast and far for my first time...I was sore last nite and expected to be today, but I am not...so I will go for another short walk before I head to the bus stop........I think these last few days have been another turn around for me...this time for the better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2007, 05:49 PM

To all my Hyster Sisters!
Went for my 5 week post op Thursday. I still had alot of stitches but the swelling had gone down. He recommended I take Premarin cream every other day until I see him in two weeks. Had a bladder infection, even tho I had been drinking water like crazy. Had to start on a round of antibiotics. Was released to go back to work on 10/04. Feeling alot better these days but get tired in the evenings. Hey, its nice not having to urinate when you walk fast or cough or sneeze. I just have to learn to empty my bladder completely, stay off caffeine, limit citrus and drink lots of water. Oh, and very little chocolate! I'm looking forward to getting back to work so I can tell all the other girls about the Hyster Sister site. This site has been a blessing! Lady M.
Unread 09-28-2007, 06:31 PM

Hello everyone!

I had my TAH (Rt ovary removed as well) Aug 24th. I've had a dream recovery really with only a couple of days where the swelling bothered me.

I started walking at a gentle pace on Day 4 Post Op - on my Elliptical - for 25 minutes each morning as it didn't seem to bother me at all. I have worked my way up very slowly from 1.2kms to 3.2kms now and am feeling great. The walking seemed to really help me in recovery mode!!!!

Best wishes to everyone!
Unread 09-28-2007, 06:54 PM

So glad to hear from everyone. We've all had our ups and downs, some have healed faster than others, but the bottom line is that we're doing so much better than we were prior to surgery. I'm so happy for all of us!!!! What an awesome group of women! Having this site and all of my new sisters has helped me more than you can know. Hugs to all!!
Unread 09-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Thanks!!!

5 weeks ago today I came home from the castle, seems like a long time ago now. I can't believe how much better I feel. Thanks to all of you with your support and info , before this site I didn't know of anyone else I could talk to or get my questions answered (my first surgery) So here's hoping best wishes and and lots of luck in your roads to recovery Brenda (52) (TVH) (Fibroids & Adneomyosis) Ovaries Remain
Unread 09-29-2007, 01:37 PM

Worked out at Curves(work) this a.m. had to remind myself not to go crazy on the recovery stations, still afraid I'll have a come apart...but it felt sooooo good!!! Just last week I was getting a bit stir crazy waiting to get the ok. Now it's great, wonderful, amazing that we are all doing so fantastic! Thanks for the support and insight, it made recovery less painful! I have been telling everyone about Hyster Sisters! Some of the ladies are now members and just as excited as me to know there is someone out there who really does know the fears, concerns, disapppointments, and joys we have all gone through. Again, to all my sisters Thank you.
Unread 09-29-2007, 03:26 PM

I had my last check-up with the doctor and she said I healed good and am released! She thinks my tummy aches are more GI issues (bowel). I have to call her if I'm still having problems in 7 more weeks.

I'm feeling better now and so glad it's all over. This site and all of you have been absolutely wonderful! Wish all of you continued progress and wonderful health!
Unread 09-30-2007, 10:34 AM

Hi everyone
Today feels better was having some pain the last two days do I took some tylenol and chilled out and today I am feeling better. One more week and I see my Dr I hope to get the all clean signal and can go back to work at least on light duty. I know I'm not ready to go backwith no restrictions since part of my job entails working in the jail. I don't feel like I'm ready to take on a prisoner who wants to fight or handle the ones that are so drunk that can hardly stand up, but I don't think I can take another two weeks off from work I am going crazy at home

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register