Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 - Page 54 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Unread 10-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueday
Good Morning - I have not posted before but have read a lot and enjoyed your comments. I am almost 8 weeks post-op and have really been working more or less since 4 weeks. (home office) Was wondering if anyone is having fatique at this stage of the game? Seems like mine is overwhelming at times. I have been walking most mornings since about the first week home - now up to 1 mile but feel so pooped for the rest of the day. Is this normal? I had an abdominal complete (don't know all the alphabet letters for it) Someone let me know your experience and what you've done to increase your energy. I feel like a real drag! Thanks, from Trueday
Trueday,

I am wiped at the end of the day but I'm dealing with teens all day. Unfortunately, my last class of the day is a group of behavior challenged boys so I have to be energetic up 'til the end. I take a protein drink, multi-vitamin and iron pill...and I'm still wiped. I was anemic before surgery.

This is why, as I mentioned in another post, that I use my preps wisely so I don't have to bring work home. It's only 4:40 and in about 30 minutes, I'll be ready for bed. I went through a drive-through on the way home so I wouldn't have to cook and I can't lift another finger except to type and check/write emails. The part of my body that is most fatigued are my legs and feet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2007, 07:59 PM

Ule, I don't know how you do it...heels all day and a very challenging job...I am sure your strength in many forms and your endurance has and will continue to make a difference in some of these kids lives....you are an inspiration!!!
Unread 10-17-2007, 04:32 AM

Hello! I had a TAH on 24 Aug and have been really lucky to have had a fairly uneventful recovery. I started walking 25min on day 4 post op (on my elliptical) and by week 4 I was jogging 3.5kms on the machine each morning.

I went back to work after 4wks off and found the first week tiring - after 6hrs at work I was ready to leave for home so I did! The second week was much the same - I came home a couple hours early. This is my 4th week back and some days are fine - some days I still am tired and a bit sore from sitting so long at a desk. I think it's very normal!

Try and rest whenever you get the chance and don't feel guilty if you need to!!! You may still have swelling off and on too (today I am swollen and a bit sore - all normal again).

Cheers, Cynthia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2007, 07:43 PM

Hey ladies, how is everyone feeling??

I hit a wall toward the middle of last week. Tired beyond belief. I have a feeling it was PMS-fatigue. I also had some familiar aches that used to come only at "that time" of the month. If that's actually the case, this is really the first sign of my cycle that I've seen/felt since surgery.

Otherwise, I continue to feel good and lose weight. Yay!!

Hope everyone is doing well!!
Unread 10-21-2007, 09:09 PM

Hello Ladies
Tomorrow is my first day back to work in 8 weeks. I'm a little nervous since so many things could have changed I did get two weeks light duty which will help the transition back to work. I work the 3-11 shift at a police department and will be only working in the dispatch office, which is highly stressful in itself. I plan to take it as easy as I can. I am worried about working the jail after I come off of light duty because I am not sure I feel up into getting inato a confrontation with a prisoner. I will just take it one day at a time for now. I will keep all of you in my prayers. Take care of yourselves.
Unread 10-22-2007, 11:06 AM

Hi Ann - so glad you're doing good most of the time. So am I and our surgeries were 1 day apart. Yesterday I got a little energetic and vacuumed the house, followed by some leaf raking. Yikes, this was way too much. So today is clearly a rest day.

I still have cramps - just like I'm going to get my period and that seems so strange because there's nothing there to "cramp." Still feeling lots of pulling sensation if I bend over or try to sleep on my side or tummy.
I guess the inside heals differently than the outside.

I'm so glad this whole journey is behind me now - what an experience. I look forward to helping others who are just beginning! Take care
Unread 10-22-2007, 11:33 AM

Hi Ann, how in the heck are you losing weight? Please share your secret.

Catherine
Unread 10-22-2007, 11:37 AM

Dear Hyster-Sisters, I'm at my witts end! I started Effexor on Oct 3rd to curb the day/night sweats from my operation and from the side effects of Tamoxifen. Within 3-4 days I started to feel good and the sweats seemed (or appeared) to be less frequent.

Going in to my 3rd week on the medication and the sweats are back and they seem to be worse. Anyone else out there experiencing the same thing? I am awake at least 10 times a night, I feel horrible, my bed is soaked and my DH doesn't want to touch me. SAD FACE

Catherine
Unread 10-22-2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by labellarubia
Dear Hyster-Sisters, I'm at my witts end! I started Effexor on Oct 3rd to curb the day/night sweats from my operation and from the side effects of Tamoxifen. Within 3-4 days I started to feel good and the sweats seemed (or appeared) to be less frequent.

Going in to my 3rd week on the medication and the sweats are back and they seem to be worse. Anyone else out there experiencing the same thing? I am awake at least 10 times a night, I feel horrible, my bed is soaked and my DH doesn't want to touch me. SAD FACE

Catherine

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear you're suffering with this. I was having night sweats regularly before surgery, and for a week or so after, but this problem seems to have disappeared for the time being... Hang in there.
Unread 10-22-2007, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by labellarubia
Hi Ann, how in the heck are you losing weight? Please share your secret.

Catherine

Hi again, Catherine. I was lucky - after surgery, the weight started coming off. I didn't have much of an appetite and I'm sure that helped. Since then, I've joined Weight Watchers. I'm down a total of between 17 and 18 lbs from my pre-surgery high, and I'm feeling so much better. Just eating healthy foods and reasonable portions has made a world of difference. I'd like to lose 20 more. I've been walking, but need to get into a more regular routine as far as exercise goes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register