Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 - Page 65 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Unread 03-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Hi Tanya... oh, you poor thing! Not another complication! I hope this will be the last of your bad luck and that everything will go smoothly from here on out. Here's to healing well...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2008, 03:10 PM

Rita - sorry to hear you're still having issues. I can't complain - things have been pretty good here. Lately, I've noticed some PMS type symptoms (irritability, tender breasts, etc), but still nothing compared to the misery I had prior to my surgery. Also having joint pain, and taking glucosamine to try and keep that in check. Maybe that's just old age, but I'm blaming it on the hyster.

Hang in there.
Unread 08-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Thumbs up - Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 Happy? Anniversary

Hello all. It's basically been a year since my surgery 8/24 and I thought I'd check in with progress:
  • I feel healthy
    The surgery scars never went away
    I hit the ground running when I returned to work and earned two awards for outstanding teaching this year
    I want to find a partner...preferably one that has older kids already
    I held on to my vicodin until it expired earlier this month...I never finished the bottle last year because I didn't want to get dependent. But every now and then when I couldn't get to sleep I'd pop one and WHAM!! zzzzzz
    In light of the events of last summer, I made sure that I made up for it by relaxing and having fun during this summer's break
    I'm grateful to be alive and healthy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2008, 02:08 AM

Nice.

My surgical scars are still fresh and angry looking, but overall, the quality of life I am now experiencing, versus what my life was a year ago, is astounding.

Aside from Ibuprofen, Panadol, and another over the counter pain med that I can't remember the English name for, I never took any strong pain meds. I did stop all of that, after a certain number of weeks had passed. I have a lot of risidual pain from other problems, so my issue is becoming 'addicted' to not having pain, so even over the counter stuff is not a good idea for more than a month at a time...

I still have some slight issues with tenderness, my bladder, (not always emptying on the first go) my bowel. (when the urge comes, it must be obeyed at once or there will be a problem) Also, I am dry and sensitive down there, but overall, it is minor by comparison to the alternatives.

Glad you are doing well. :-) Nice to hear...
Unread 08-21-2008, 05:41 AM

ule--so glad to hear your doing so well..congrats on the teaching awards..

A6000---I hope your issues will continue to get better

I have very busy and haven't felt so good in a long time , besides not being to sleep soundly through the night(which I had that before) and my hair thinning somewhat ... the lab tests say everything is fine thyroid , hormons etc. Guess they are saying maybe my age? I don't know!!!!!

Enjoying every minute with DGD Emilie (2-1/2 y/o) and just found out she will be a big sister in March.

Youngest DD got married over the summer on the , so that leaves my DS ,he's still on the look out for a nice girl ,hoping he finds soon....

I can't believe a year has gone past already..Hope it has been a good one....

HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY EVERYONE !!!!!!!!
Unread 08-21-2008, 06:11 AM
1 Year HYSTERVERSARY

Hi, One year ago 8/20/07, I had a total hysterectomy so yesterday was my one year hysterversary. Chemo and radiation were not necessary since the cancer was contained to my uterus. However, my doctor said that 14 lymph nodes were removed and now I am experiencing problems with swelling in my left leg due to lymphedema.
Lymphedema was never mentioned prior to my surgery so I never heard of it - until I experienced it firsthand.

I'm seeing a physical therapist and she has given me lots of information on the body's lymphatic/drainage system. I am in a "home" program that includes extensive self-massage, deep breathing and leg exercises. It takes about 1 hour to do the routine and I'm supposed to do it 2 or 3 times a day. It's a huge time commitment so it's great that I'm retired. In addition, I must wear those lovely compression socks/hosiery ALL THE TIME - even to bed at night.

Other than that, everything else is o.k, but there is still some lingering tenderness. Is anyone else experiencing lymphedema and if so, what are you doing for it?
Unread 08-21-2008, 06:52 AM

Hey Sisters!
Yesterday was my anny and it's been a long year, but in the last few months, I've rounded the corner. After surgery I started getting three migraines a week (as opposed to one at every period before my hyst). No fun, but I lost 20 lbs due to near constant nausea. That's behind me now and the main thing is MY ENERGY IS BACK!! Haven't had this much vigour in YEARS! Thankyou BHRT! Still battling joint pain, but I'm a happy camper all in all.
Thanks to all my date sisters for your love and support. This was such a bigger deal than I expected and it meant the world to have you all to vent with.
Hugs,
Mary
Unread 08-21-2008, 07:10 AM

Happy Anniversary all........

Doing good around here........Haven't had any recurring problems (so far anyhow)....Scars seem about gone, lost 20 lbs--stuck on a plateau since Feb, energy level mostly up, and good ol swelly belly only makes an appearance once in a while....yeehaw!!

Here's to a better year for all of us!!!

jul
Unread 08-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Happy Anniversary!!!

Well...were did the time go. I had forgotten that it has been a year already. But, I guess for me it really has not been a total year until next February (the second and final surgery).

I have been doing great. I just have to remember to take the hormone pills that I am on. If I forget more than 2 days, I become crabby. But, I am glad that it is done and I do feel better. I do get some pains every once in awhile, but I think that could be adhesions growing again. I am trying to not think of it.

I am glad that everyone is doing great and feeling better, or trying too.

Tanya
Unread 08-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Happy ONE Year!!

Hi everyone! It's so good to hear from my date sisters!!

Wow, the year has flown. At various times throughout the day today, I looked at the clock and thought back to where I was at that same time exactly one year ago.

8am -- Arriving at the castle - absolutely PETRIFIED.

10:30am -- Being wheeled into surgery.

Early afternoon - Waking up in pain but thankful to be alive and *already* feeling like the weight of the world had been lifted from my shoulders...

I'm happy to say that one year later I'm feeling like a million bucks. No more PMS, no migraines, no IBS, no anemia -- I'm not exhausted 24x7 -- I actually have energy again! No horrible gushing, clots, or worrying about accidents. NONE of that.

I have a tiny bit of joint pain, but it has gotten progressively better. Also minor bladder issues (less control than I'd like to have), but overall - I truly have a new life.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register