Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007 Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Unread 08-29-2007, 11:53 AM
rainy day

Good day to stay in bed. started to go for short walk but started raining. afraid lightening would strike my crown did too mcuh yesterday; my choice but paying for it today. amazing how even doing small things (adhering to NO LIFTING) can cause such a case of the ouches. Also slept great last night. Thought taking a valuim for my presurgery jitters would help me get a good nights sleep. Note: BAD idea. The sleep was great but I woke up SO STIFF it wasn't worth it. Body wakes up frequently for a reason! 30 minutes until I can take another pain pill...ouch ouch ouch.

My stiches are itching SO bad! I swear my "vaginal cuff" stiches are included in that. Gas way down but still lower ab looks like a puffy taco. First BM last night and now I feel like the gates have been opened. I was so afraid of the 1st BM glad its over. One more thing I have gotten thru. Was starting to worry about that. I consider that kind of stuff private so I was too embarrassed to ask if so long was normal. Thanks other 24th sisters! It was normal

Wll say another thing I was SO worried about was losing ovaries and being on HRT. Aside from the initial moodiness which I think was just post op stuff I haven't noticed losing the Os. If anything I have felt more emtionally stable for the first time in years! Glad -- for now-- they are gone. I can't tell everyone how 'normal' I feel. even with the pain which is doable b/c I know its temporary and even the pain is different---so glad its OVER and feeling liberated for the first time in years. Bored but liberated. Maybe I will go and burn a tampon or something. Oh better yet I have some bottle rockets from the 4th that I didn't do b/c I had such bad cramps; light up a couple with tampon passengers! Geez what will the neighbors think if a spent bottle rocket with a plastic applicator melted to it lands in their yard? Worth a little giggle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Hysterectomy dates Aug 20-Aug 27,2007

Day 10 and all is well. Never thought that I'd enjoy passing gas as much as my DH, yet here I am!! Aleve only handling the soreness well. Trying to keep the various digestive aids to a minimum so my bod will pick the ball up again. The hardest thing has been trying to gauge how much activity is not too much. If I overdo it, I pay.
My followup is scheduled for 9/7 and I was going to badger the DR to move it up, but I made an executive decision to stay until then and rest at my Mom's. I want to go HOME to the island and my DH, but if any probs develop THERE, I'm Scr*#*d, so I will be responsible (4 once).
Unread 08-29-2007, 01:09 PM

Had TAH on August 23rd. DH and DD have been wonderful. DD is not even 5 yet and may become a nurse someday! Ha! I seem to be having a good day and then not so good a day. Fluctuating every other day. I finally had a BM today so that is a good sign. Still running a low grade fever. Stomach still not back to normal. Eating small, light meals. Having some nausea again. Going to try and stop the Vicodin and just take the Rx Motrin. Tired today. Going to have some crackers and head back to bed. I get my catheter out tomorrow morning. Can't wait! Done with that!

It is so helpful to read all the posts and know we are all in a similar state of recovery and pretty normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2007, 01:23 PM

Celebrating 1 week post op today ...Feeling pretty good....had DaVinci robotic LSH on 22nd with polyprophylene mesh for cystocele and rectocele..surgery was a little scary..there was a problem with the robot and its positioning..instead of a 3hr surgery it took 8 1/2 hrs...I paid for that days 2-5..my body was abnormally swollen from all the fluids, especially vaginal area, made it difficult to walk around...no real pain though, stuck to my motrin and diladaud first 3 days, than only motrin/tylenol..all my plumbing was working fine by day 2/3 thank goodness...my appetite is still not back to normal, but I needed to lose few lbs anyway...the 5th night I woke up in a puddle of sweat, I believe that was a turning point as all the fluids must have been released from my body....days 6 and 7 I feel great but can feel if I am on my feet for more than a few minutes that I need to sit or lay down..my 6yr old son has been the greatest helper...he even stripped down my bed and put all the sheets in washer/dryer....he is also very entertaining although it still hurts a little to laugh....I finally feel like I am rounding the bend.....tomorrow my goal is a short walk outside back and forth in front of my house....cheers to all my fellow recoverers
Unread 08-29-2007, 04:38 PM
I know how you feel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherlyq63
yeah, lost some of the weight I gained at hospital, came home from hospital weighing about 239 but this morning was down to 224. my weight before surgery was 220 and I still have some swelly belly, but it seems to be going down alot with each gas attack lol, maybe its a good thing I live alone.

I had my hesterectomy August 13,2007. I look like
I am 5 months expecting a baby. My doctor said
it will go down soon. I am still having lots of discomfort.
I hope that you feel better.

Creshaunda Robinson
Houston,texas
Unread 08-29-2007, 05:19 PM

Hi Everyone!

I had my hysterectomy last Friday. I tried to post a few days ago but somehow lost my post at the hospital. Anyway, I just got out of the hospital today. My doctor wanted to make I could eat solid foods before he released me. So, I was in the hospital for 5 nights. It wasn't a bad experience but I'm glad to be home.

I'm on vicodin for pain. Makes me feel pretty good for about 3 hours and then the pain starts to get bad. I didn't have any complication so I know the pain is something to expect.

I had my surgery because we were worried that I might have had cancer on the ovaries. We couldn't be sure until we took them out. I didn't have cancer, thank God! (I already had breast cancer, that is why we were worried).

I'm doing well. Trying to rest and catch up here at home with email and mail.

Jennie
Unread 08-29-2007, 05:48 PM

Good Morning everyone (well it's morning here in Australia!) It's been 6days since my TAH + removal of right ovary/cervix.

I'm SO over having the swollen belly !!! It's like my lower abdomen is not really part of me - there is a numb-like feeling when I touch "the bump" as I am now calling it LOL

Still only taking the equivalent to Tylenol which seems to be keeping the pain level to a minimum.

I have been able to do a 25min gentle-paced walk on my elliptical each day the past 3 days which is really great. Much safer than trying to walk on the footpaths here this time of year which are strewn with 'gum nuts'. Imagine walking on marbles!!! Not a good thing to try after major surgery so I'll stick to the elliptical! At least I can hang on to the stationary bar for support.

I hope everyone's recovery keeps looking up....

Cheers from The Land Down Under
Unread 08-29-2007, 07:09 PM

one week post op and had a small scare today, since surgery have had more pain on left side from a large bruise that I got from surgery. today I noticed that incision is not closing up the same as the other two lap spots, and it sort of looked yellow. anyway called doc and went in, and he said suture came out early on that side but no infection, and it is healing but is going to be a bigger scar on that side due to that. said otherwise doing well and pain on that side still coming from large hematoma(bruised area).
Unread 08-29-2007, 09:08 PM
Hope You Feel Better

I hope that you feel better. I am so sorry to here that
your incision came loose. I had my surgery on august
13,2007. I am still having lots of discomfort. My belly
looks bad being swollen. My doctor said it will go
down. You take care of yourself.

Creshaunda Robinson

Houston,Texas
Unread 08-30-2007, 08:30 AM

Hi All,

I had a TAH/BSO on the 24th. I go back to have staples out today. I went in on Friday, out on Sunday. The third day of recovery the worst....so Monday was the worst day. Tuesday a bit better, Wednesday, better and today I feel pretty darn good.

I was afraid and you know what, it wasn't that bad. I mean personally, the pain can be tough at times, just keep ahead of it, I think the morphine and the itch from it was the worst part. I am having a hard time not being able to do things...weeding, vacuuming, etc....but I'll survive.

Anyone who wants to email me, my address is listed below. I'll help you get through anyway I can, I wish you all the best. So happy to have found all my sisters on this site.

God bless all of you. I'm on the other side....a bit sweaty, but thats it.

Good luck!

Lisa

[email protected] get intouch with me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register