Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 - Page 18 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Unread 09-27-2007, 08:08 AM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Has any one else not bled or had any discharge?

I had a little bright red spotting in the post op area but nothing since.

I've been wearing panty liners "just in case" but haven't needed them.

Just wondering this morning.

Rae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2007, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floppyears4me
Has any one else not bled or had any discharge?

I had a little bright red spotting in the post op area but nothing since.

I've been wearing panty liners "just in case" but haven't needed them.

Just wondering this morning.

Rae
Hi Floppyears4me, sounds like you are healing really well not to have had any discharge. I have had originally two days brown meaty smelling discharge about a week ago and red staining since on and off. Scares me a bit, but I guess it is all just settling down inside. Anyone else had any?
Unread 09-27-2007, 08:33 AM
New to the site

I just found this site this week. I am 10 weeks post op I had my procedure July 20, 2007. After all this time I am still experiencing tenderness and soreness in my belly as well as my incision. With the weather getting cold now, I am also experiencing some cramping feelings in my sides. I have been doing reading in other sites and have found that it could be 6 months before I felt normal again. I am still wearing the elastic fit pants and want to go back to exercising next month but with the soreness I was wondering if I needed to do anything but walking since I still feel like I had surgery recently. Some days I am fine and other days I feel like I have just had surgery. I am 47 years old and I have 2 grown children. I have tried to take my time doing things, I'm back at work but I still watch what I do, watch taking too many stairs and I try to just let the healing process kick in. It's coming along slowly but surely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2007, 08:41 AM

I didn't have any discharge or bleeding after my surgery.
Unread 09-27-2007, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugrad82
I just found this site this week. I am 10 weeks post op I had my procedure July 20, 2007. After all this time I am still experiencing tenderness and soreness in my belly as well as my incision. With the weather getting cold now, I am also experiencing some cramping feelings in my sides. I have been doing reading in other sites and have found that it could be 6 months before I felt normal again. I am still wearing the elastic fit pants and want to go back to exercising next month but with the soreness I was wondering if I needed to do anything but walking since I still feel like I had surgery recently. Some days I am fine and other days I feel like I have just had surgery. I am 47 years old and I have 2 grown children. I have tried to take my time doing things, I'm back at work but I still watch what I do, watch taking too many stairs and I try to just let the healing process kick in. It's coming along slowly but surely.
Hi, good to hear from you. I found wearing support pants today really helped me feel more normal. I guess you could be right about six months before feeling normal again but sure hope not! I went to the supermarket today - didn't push or lift anything - but made my tummy hurt just watching other people lifting heavy items - will we ever be able to lift heavy things again?
All the best.
Unread 09-27-2007, 08:51 AM

Hi there, I am still not lifting heavy things after 10 weeks. I did mop the floor and try to clean up good last week and the next day my sides ached and I had some pain in my belly I had to take a pain pill for that one. Yeah all you can do right now is just walk and relax. I am having too many hot flashes to wear pantyhose right now. I sweat quite a bit. I am wearing a hormone patch but I still have the flashes. My poor hubby is so cold at night when I have the box fan blowing on me and then the central air on cold. It does get better as the day goes by. I have 2 cousins who had their surgeries before me and both of them still talk about not having their full energy. I don't have mine either. I sing in a choir and can't sing yet because I run out of breath. I am doing breathing exercises daily for that but I find myself gasping whenever I try to sing at home, practicing for the choir. I guess I need to just take my time. It is getting better though.I will be glad when my swelly belly goes down. 10 weeks and it's still out there.
Unread 09-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Steppin Back

Well today I have to admit that the past two days have been a step back on the path to recovery. Wanted to update here as I am tracking my own progress and when well will print out my posts and make into a book, once in a lifetime experience and since I am only 29, I have many friends who will be following me in the years to come. They can peep my "HysterHistory" book and maybe come full circle.

ER last night: Palpatations and Throbbing in my right leg, shortness of breath, fever.

Murmur Dx., D-Dimer (Blood Clot blood test was, positive.
Chest X-ray completed.
Chest CT Scan completed.

All within normal limits.

Left with sore arms (Blood test in LAVH/RSO IV vein & IV for CTScan), chest pain and contrast dye (CTScan) causing burnig sensation in vaginal cuff.

Told to see GP, ASAP, to follow up.

Went to GP this am, going to Cardiologist as murmur is aggrevated by lying down, which is the covert word for recovery. (See "Should I Be Worried" thread")

Too worn to go on..................
Unread 09-27-2007, 09:39 AM

I had my complete on Sept 5. I felt really good yesterday so went to a movie with DH and walked a bit around a shopping center. BAD!!! I am wore out today and sore. I have not lifted a finger DH has been amazing and friends have brought in meals so we are good on the food front.
I too had horrible dreams while on pain meds. None since I stopeed taking the meds. I still can't sleep or fall asleep. My Dr gave me ambian and I take 1/2. I can't wait to sleep one full night un medicated. Dr says I can get back in the bathtub next week. DH will have to help me out because I had th bladder sling too and can't strain the old bladder!!!
Unread 09-27-2007, 09:57 AM

well its confirmed that its a blood clot in my right arm. In a vein that got blown from an iv. its not the serious kind of blood clot but I do have to have asprin twice a day and a hot pack three times a day for two weeks straight. Ugh...
not serious at least.
Unread 09-27-2007, 10:04 AM

2 weeks post op and I feel great, hardly no pain for the most part just swollen everywhere & a general soreness.

That's it for me on the post-op board, hopefully I can go back to work in a week.. I don't think I am gonna need 2 more weeks (much less the full 6 weeks) I think I'll lurk around the pre-op board now, this experience has been far less dramatic then i expected

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register