Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 - Page 24 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Unread 09-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

I had cervix, uterus, 1 ovary and tube removed. Felt great immediately, no pain meds (because no pain) once I came home, until 10 days when I over did it. I was in the hospital less than 24 hours. I have been having hot flashes?, which surprises me with one ovary still there, and we have noticed that the area around my nipples (sorry tmi) has changed to pink, does this mean that I am starting menopaus?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2007, 06:47 PM

Hello everyone. This is only my second post and am very glad to have found this site. It was most helpful in preparing me for surgery. I had TAH, kept ovaries, on 9/11 and came home 9/13. I have a great Dr and was lucky to have caring nurses at the hospital. I must say I feel extremely fortunate as up to this point I have had an easy recovery. My Dr. said I'm an amazing healer, finally I've done something right, LOL. I only took Aleve once I was home and after the staples came out I felt even better. I haven't had any spotting since I left the hospital and am even returning to work, 1/2 days starting tomorrow. I do have an office job, so it shouldn't be too bad and I am bored out of my mind anyway. I hope to chat with more of you as time passes and wish everyone a smooth recovery.
Unread 09-30-2007, 07:16 PM

Hi All,

It's good to hear how you are all doing. It's been 2 weeks and 5 days since surgery and today I seemed to have some weird pain as some others are having. I had some stabbing pains as well. They don't last long but come and go. Some weird cramps like I was on my period but must of been intestional. I'm a bit more irriatable but that may be from being bored in the house some. I was doing more and even started swimming but thats when my bright red bleeding started. It has slowed way down due to doing practically doing nothing. I'm afraid to do much more in fear of the bleeding and clots coming back. I slept a lot this morning. I had 2 naps. I feel more tired this week. I guess it's going to take time. I hope you all continure to improve. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Hope the Good Lord is with you all.

Blessing,
Kathy

LAVH/BSO Sept. 11th
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2007, 08:16 PM

Thanks for the updates! Today was my best day so far. I actually felt almost normal. I could walk normal, get up out of the chair normal, and stayed up out of the recliner a good part of the day. I still took it easy though. I hope I have turned the corner and don't have any setbacks. I am being very careful not to overdo. My bleeding has almost stopped. My incision is not nearly as sensitive as it was a day or so ago. My stubborn flap is closed up and healing nicely. I did have a few cramps today. What could be cramping in there?!?! Weird! Anyone know?
Unread 09-30-2007, 08:26 PM

Jennifer,

Glad to hear that you felt almost normal. I had some cramps today too. As if I still had a uterus. I wonder what is causing that. I haven't had any cramps until today. It's odd. I hope I'm done with that. I hope the same for you. Anyone else exprience this?

Blessings,
Kathy age 46
LAVH/BSO 9/11/07 Ovarian cysts, endo
Unread 09-30-2007, 08:59 PM
Hard night last night

I think I am about 2 weeks and 4 days postop. Last night was the worst. I had a panic attack at 3:00 am. I called one "friend" and he didn't even know what to say to me except "get over yourslef" and then I called an agency here in town for crisis intervension. I had a full blown panic attack and needed to hear a calm voice, which I did. Maybe I should get off the freaking pain pils (Vicodin), which I have not touched one today, except my tears right now will lead me to that Rx. Maybe I am going through withdrawls? I doubt it because I've been taking pain killers since Day 1.

I still have a lot of internal pain and icision pain. Why is this taking so long to feel better? I hate living alone too. i'm scared and evenings are the hardest for me.

I just wondered if anyone else is out there that is alone and having anxiety attacks?

Still trying to be hopeful,
in Oregon
Unread 10-01-2007, 04:56 AM
update

Hi everyone
It is now 2Weeks 4days since my op and I think I have done too much too soon and now feel shattered!! My in-laws moved to Cornwall last week and father in law fell and broke his hip on Saturday so we were at the hospital until 1a.m. I have walked more than they recommend and I feel really sore and know I have over done it. Has anyone got any good suggestions to relieve the itchiness of the scar as it heals it is driving me crazy at times!!!! Also I had a vertical incision and at the base I have a solid lump about the size of a marble not sure if it is because they reopened me to stitch inside or whether it is normal does anyone else have this?
Keep smiling everyone and have a good day and take things easy I intednd to now for a few days at least.
Unread 10-01-2007, 05:01 AM

Hi everyone
Had a difficult day yesterday very emotional haven't felt like that since I was pre op, two weeks and 5 days ago. Also woke up feeling scared again haven't felt like that since I was pre op. Okay today - can even stand up without back ache :dance2:
Have a good day - all the best
Unread 10-01-2007, 05:16 AM

Recovery,

I'm so sorry to hear about your panic attacks. They are so scary. I have experienced panic attacks before and had one 2 days after I came home from the hospital. I was on a lot of meds. for pain, high blood pressure, mild dose of anti depressant/anti anxiety meds. I think all that together and being tired kick mine off. I do a lot of deep breathing and that helps. A friend mine told about it and it really helped. It's so scary you feel like you are going to die. I hope you got through the night.

Beverly, Hope you are feeling better today. The emotional part is really hard for me too. I've been ok since I take a small does of meds. for it. Sorry to hear about your back. It's hard when it gets worse after a few weeks and we are suppose to feel better.

I had a good night sleep and that goes a long way. I see the cardio today to assess my blood pressure. I hope and pray you all have a good day.

Blessings,

Kathy age 46

LAVA/BSO sept 11, 2007
Unread 10-01-2007, 06:20 AM

Hi Flumpybumps

Like you, I had a vertical incision. I'm also from Cornwall and had my op 13th (did you go to Truro?).
I've not had too much itching, I found it itched when I did a lot of walking but the blood supply must have done it good as it is virtually healed together now. The one thing I found cooling which might help was Lamosil medicated powder which was particularly useful at the bottom of the scar. Mine too is a bit lumpy there but I think that was more to do with existing baby overhang from quite a few years back!
I've also been recommended bio oil for the scar - they say it helps smooth it a lot quicker. Best wishes with your recovery.

Pagan

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register