Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 - Page 29 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Unread 10-03-2007, 04:34 AM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Hi Ladies,

It's been three weeks since surgery. I think I may be hormonal. Since Sunday I have had a mild headache and started with mild hot flashes at night and am a bit irritable. It feels like pms. I take the lowest dose of estrogen because my ovaries were removed. I'm wondering should I take more or take it at night instead of the morning. Or should I just wait it out. Anyone else having these issues? Thanks for any thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2007, 06:46 AM

2.5 weeks out and have a post op tomorrow. Urination doesn't burn, but there is a uncomfortable and sore pressure feeling as I go, that gets worse as the bladder empties. I am not pushing. Has anyone else felt this wierd feeling when you urinate?

I have been very sore on both the left and right lower sides yesterday and today, I wonder if that has to do with the stitches inside. I have been more cranky the last few days, and the overcast/rain hasn't helped with the disposition. It seems like I am always cold, so I decided to quit fighting it and build a big nest on the reclining couch with a big, fuzzy, warm blanket, and a nice hot cup of tea ... and watch tv ... lol ... Hope you are all doing better today!!
Unread 10-03-2007, 07:31 AM

Hi Kathy,
I'm taking 1mg of Estradiol. I started to get a few night sweats and hot flashes, so I started taking a flaxseed and evening primrose capsule once or twice a day, I'm bad with pills, and it does seem to me that when I do take them I don't have any symptoms.
I haven't noticed a difference when I take them. I take mine first thing with my thyroid meds since the thyroid med has to be taking 2 hours prior to any vitamins.
Hope you feel better soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2007, 08:05 AM

I'm so thankful for my hyster sisters!!! Tomorrow is my three week mark, so the new pains were not a huge surprise. Did not sleep well at all last night. Hope you all have a beautiful day...
Unread 10-03-2007, 08:55 AM

I was 3 weeks yesterday. I am hurting more than I was a few days ago. BUMMER!!! It must be the stitches. I am not overdoing it either. I hope this doesn't last long. I might have to start taking ibuprofen again.
Unread 10-03-2007, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepol
Humming Bird,

What antidepressant do you take? What type of side affects are you experiencing? I've had a few bad experiences with various ones. Just wanted to compare.

I hope your wall crumbles soon. :-)
Lynn,

Thanks so much for the advice on the Zoloft. My Dr had to reschedule my follow up appt to 10/11 so I think I will try increasing dose and see what happens.
Sorry to hear you had to go through so many stressful experiences. Hope life has gotten better for you!

Sue

Take care...
Unread 10-03-2007, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floppyears4me
Hi Kathy,
I'm taking 1mg of Estradiol. I started to get a few night sweats and hot flashes, so I started taking a flaxseed and evening primrose capsule once or twice a day, I'm bad with pills, and it does seem to me that when I do take them I don't have any symptoms.
I haven't noticed a difference when I take them. I take mine first thing with my thyroid meds since the thyroid med has to be taking 2 hours prior to any vitamins.
Hope you feel better soon!
Hi Rae,

Thanks for the great suggestions. The natural remedy may be a great thing to do. I think I my have to get some. I'm much better with natural things. I'm not any good with pills either. I'm very senitive to them. Thanks again that's a great help. Hope you have great day!

Kathy
Unread 10-03-2007, 10:37 AM

Feeling better here. The cramps and pains have subsided. Yes I'm in the cranky boat too. Much to my children's dismay. We are fighting to get back into our school routine. Anyone else hs? Got any suggestions for "school" type things we can do that don't require me to stand over him? I find that I hurt more if I stand for any length of time. ( which I do more than I realize)
Michelle
Unread 10-03-2007, 11:29 AM

It will be 3 weeks for me tomorrow and I will be going back to the doc to hopefully find out what is going on with my bladder. The loss of control is awful and has gotten worse. I'm afraid to leave the house or travel too far from the bathroom right now, as I flood everything without warning! Has anyone else had this? Plus I feel exhausted and emotional, much more than last week. Must be the same as everyone else at this marker has described. Trying to stay positive, but am terrified I will have to go back to the hospital for some procedure to fix my bladder. Don't want any more anesthesia!!!
Unread 10-03-2007, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzmrizme
2.5 weeks out and have a post op tomorrow. Urination doesn't burn, but there is a uncomfortable and sore pressure feeling as I go, that gets worse as the bladder empties. I am not pushing. Has anyone else felt this wierd feeling when you urinate?

I have been very sore on both the left and right lower sides yesterday and today, I wonder if that has to do with the stitches inside. I have been more cranky the last few days, and the overcast/rain hasn't helped with the disposition. It seems like I am always cold, so I decided to quit fighting it and build a big nest on the reclining couch with a big, fuzzy, warm blanket, and a nice hot cup of tea ... and watch tv ... lol ... Hope you are all doing better today!!
Mzmrizme, I am still having the same feeling at urination and my doctor said it is normal - new tissue having to work, but definitely ask tomorrow, just in case yours is something more.

Isn't our weather a bummer?? I don't know where in WA you are, but Seattle has been miserable - gray, rainy and cold. Definitely NOT happy weather, unless you are a tree. Looks like Friday may be the last nice day we have for a while. Enjoy your nest!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register