Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 - Page 30 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Unread 10-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Fair to partly cloudy.....

I am new here, but I must say first off...

"This is the best site I have been to with the best people and information!!!"

Monday I was 3 weeks into recovery and I am still having pain going to the bathroom. Dr. said he "tacked" my bladder and cleaned up adhesion from my right kidney, from an old surgery mishap. What does he mean by tacked? Has anyone else had that done?

I also don't know what to do for the sleepless nights, uncontrolable mood-swings, sweating that soaks my side of the bed every night, and the killer white bunny rabbit that haunts my dreams. Grrrr.... I am so frustrated!

Today I am just "okay" I have had better days. I really wish my remaining ovary would catch up and get my mood swings under control.

I know I have been over-doing it, and there is no valid excuse, my in-laws (which live next door) should be greatful that I can't fire a gun for 3 more weeks. They come over 12 times a day telling me I should be cleaning house and making supper and taking care of their son and my kids. Sigh.... I tell them I am doing the best that I can and more then I should be. I am thinking of buying each of them a shock collar.

I am hoping I am better next week and not so emotionally murderous!

Take care all and thanks for being here!
Christy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Hi Christy,

Welcome! It is a great site isn't it. People here are really helpful and informative. It a comforting place. Sorry your inlaws aren't more helpful. The emotions are difficult I know the feeling. This week has been a more difficult for me too. I hope it improves for you as the week goes on. All the best!

Kathy
Unread 10-03-2007, 01:29 PM

Christy,

Tell your inlaws that it would be more helpful if they would help with their grandchildren, make a few dinners and vacuum your house instead of complaining! Don't do more than you know you can do just because they are bugging you. It's your body, not theirs and you need time to recover properly. If you do too much now it will just take longer. Tell your inlaws that!

I have also been feeling cranky and emotional this week, and as far as I've heard it's pretty normal, but it can get you down. Hang in there and hey, shock collars don't sound so bad!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2007, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBHaven
I am new here, but I must say first off...

"This is the best site I have been to with the best people and information!!!"

Monday I was 3 weeks into recovery and I am still having pain going to the bathroom. Dr. said he "tacked" my bladder and cleaned up adhesion from my right kidney, from an old surgery mishap. What does he mean by tacked? Has anyone else had that done?

I also don't know what to do for the sleepless nights, uncontrolable mood-swings, sweating that soaks my side of the bed every night, and the killer white bunny rabbit that haunts my dreams. Grrrr.... I am so frustrated!

Today I am just "okay" I have had better days. I really wish my remaining ovary would catch up and get my mood swings under control.

I know I have been over-doing it, and there is no valid excuse, my in-laws (which live next door) should be greatful that I can't fire a gun for 3 more weeks. They come over 12 times a day telling me I should be cleaning house and making supper and taking care of their son and my kids. Sigh.... I tell them I am doing the best that I can and more then I should be. I am thinking of buying each of them a shock collar.

I am hoping I am better next week and not so emotionally murderous!

Take care all and thanks for being here!
Christy
Christy,

We know what you are going through! NO, you don't need to be doing everything in the house at this point. Take it slow. You only have one chance to heal right the first time. Your in-laws will just have to get over it. Shock collars sound like a good solution.

I jumped out of bed last night because I was dreaming about a big spider coming down from the ceiling! UGH!!! I am glad I didn't rip anything jumping out of bed that fast.

Never heard of the tacked bladder. I don't know if my Dr did that to me or not. I'll have to ask him. I haven't had any pain going to the bathroom. I'm sorry you are going though this!!
Unread 10-03-2007, 01:44 PM

Christy, don't listen to your in-laws, listen to your body. It knows best. Tell them that if they are so concerned about your house/meals/kids, that their criticism is not what you need, but their help with these things would be greatly appreciated. That will either 1) wake them up to the fact that you need help so they start pitching in, or 2)make them stay away. Either way, you win!! Have you spoken to your DH about this? Perhaps a few words from him to his parents might do the trick.
Unread 10-03-2007, 03:09 PM

Christy,

that is awful! I can't believe your MIL told you that stuff. She obviously has no idea what it's like to go through what we're going though. My mother was on me to be doing more, but even she knew that I shouldn't be sweeping, vacuuming, and other "more involved" housework. She just wanted to make sure I wasn't just lying in bed all day. There were many days that I did just that, even though I told her differently. Heee heee heee.....especially during my second week, but that's due to infection I think.

I received an email from this site giving me an "update" of sorts on what should be happening here on week three -- seems I had my surgery on the same date as you did. Perhaps you could print that out and give it to you mother-in-law. Maybe send it to her in a Thank You card. You know, thank you for your concern. ha ha.

I like my MIL, but I can only handle her in small doses. A week being about as much as I can do at one time. She offered to come up and help out while I was recovering from this surgery as she had done before (I've had many surgeries), but since both kids are in school now, I really didn't need anyone here to sit downstairs all day while I slept.

No matter what your MIL says or how she makes you feel, don't over do it! It seems that if you over do it one day, even if you feel good and want to do everything, you pay for it sooner or later. I also agree with Butterfly -- maybe have a talk with your DH.
Unread 10-03-2007, 05:16 PM

Okay girls... I'm almost embarrassed to ask, but what does "DH" stand for?

I take Ambien to help with sleep, but last night I had horrible nightmares too. One of them I was driving a tractor home (who knows why) and i couldn't get it to stop so I had to literally stand on the brake with both feet. I woke in a heavy sweat and was actually hurting as I was in the dream, straining to make the tractor stop. It was awful. When I got up this morning and went for my morning meds, my Ambien was still there from last night. I forgot to take it..... Today I've taken it easy because my "trip" left me hurting. LoL

Christy, I think I saw some shock collars on sale. Should I pick up a couple for you??
Unread 10-03-2007, 05:23 PM

I had to ask before as well, it means dear husband
Unread 10-03-2007, 05:32 PM

Thanks Doodlebee..
Unread 10-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Dreams

I have a question. It seems lots of people are having wild dreams or nightmares. I'm having them too. Is this common after surgery or drugs that we take? Anyone know why? They seem so real and intense!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register