Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 - Page 35 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Unread 10-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Yesterday was the first day I got out of the house for more than an hour. I have done shopping and Dr visits but that is about it. My hubby said it was time to take our annual drive to the Adirondacks and see the foliage while it was at peak. It was a gorgeous drive and it felt so good to get out, UNTIL we hit a goat-trail! My hubby mapped out the drive on mapquest but they didn't say that one 13 mile road was super bumpy! I laid the seat down and put my hands on my belly to support it as best as I could. Half-way I asked hubby to pull over so I could rest for a bit. Hubby and kids got out and walked while I lay there in stillness, dreading the rest of the 13 miles. We finally got off of that road and the rest was smooth sailing. We took a different route home. I was pretty sore last night and I noticed my incision was a bit swollen. I do feel better today. I don't think it set me back too much, just a bit. I was exhausted after we got home and I am still tired today. I can't wait to get my energy back!!

My 3 week aching is subsiding. My bleeding has stopped. I can sleep on my side now!!! Woo Hoo!!! I am still not sleeping all that great. I have a few good days then a few bad days. I can do light house work for about 10-15 minutes at a time, then I have to sit and rest. I hope everyone has a great weekend. Take care!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2007, 01:37 PM

To repeat what everyone else has been saying, "thank goodness for this site!" I think I've bored my DH to death with talk of my surgery, aches and pains.

I felt so good one week out of surgery--better than I had in months. So, last Sat. I dove into a DIY project that has my house in an uproar. Now I feel like crap and I'm hobbling around with a limp due to back pain on the right side. It was so bad I saw my doc a few days ago. He wasn't sure what it was and gave me antibiotics to try but it hasn't helped.

What is the deal with pain being mainly on the rt. side? I noticed many of you mention the same thing. Also what are "spasms"? I don't have pain when I pee....just a greater urgency to go. They checked -- I do not have a UTI.

Has anyone "overdone it" and experienced pains similar to mine? I hope that's all it is and that a little rest will have me feeling great again.
Unread 10-06-2007, 01:51 PM

The only thing I can think of that may cause more pain on the right side, is that the ascending colon is on the right. It ties in well with the constipation issues. My constipation has let up and coincidentally, so have the pains on the right side.

So, think about whether or not you are experiencing constipation in conjunction with the right sided pains.

Hope this helps....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2007, 03:54 PM

I think you are right about the pain on the right side. Being regular helps a ton. If you can be regular.

The sleep problems are getting to me. I was up at 330am this morning and was wide awake. Felt like I could wash the cars but thought that wouldn't be such a good idea. This makes for a very long day and then very tired. I think I may have to take an ambien tonight.

I've been driving around a bit. The only bad thing is it makes me sleepy. I need more sleep!!!!!

My DH has gone to Cambridge England. Kind of far from home and time difference makes it hard for communications. Will be back next Sat. He hasn't been much help lately so maybe my load at home might be lighter.

My bleeding has slowed down a lot after my episode last week. Hope that doesn't happen again. That was really scary! It's sort of light brown. I hope this is normal. I don't see the dr. for another 2 weeks. The new hormone Enjuvia has been good so far. I haven't had a headache in 3 days. I wonder if it causes sleep problems. Who knows, it's always something!

Hope everyone is doing well this weekend. Thanks for letting me share my thoughts. Have a great day.

Blessings
Unread 10-06-2007, 04:58 PM

I am a little over 3 weeks and there is very little pain. Just an occasional twinge. However, I feel so tired all of the time. I go back to work in 1 week and an dreading it. I feel so exhausted just taking getting my kids off to school and then helping with homework, dinner, getting to sports etc. Anyone else feel extra tired all the time? I am also feeling a little depressed. Maybe my ovaries are not working so well...
Unread 10-06-2007, 05:03 PM

Hello ladies! I will climb right in the boat with you... I didn't realize what I was getting into either. I'm right with you Jennifer. I had never experienced anything like this and couldn't comprehend it. We know different now don't we? I sure hope all is well with everyone. Hugs and best wishes to you.
Gayle in Ohio
TAH 9-14-07
Unread 10-06-2007, 05:15 PM

Doodlebee and Gayle, I'm right with you. I'm so tired. When do we get our energy back! I don't have much pain a few twinges and somewhat depressed. Will we feel right again? They say you will but it's hard to see the trees throught the forest. I didn't think it would be quite like this. Best wishes to you gals. Kathy
Unread 10-06-2007, 05:38 PM

To help keep me regular I take a smaller dosage of colon cleanser every day. It has done a great job. Gives me one less thing to worry about. This is the one I take. I recommend it. Just don't take the full dosage for a cleanse until things are more healed. BTW this is a great site to get supplements. Great prices and shipping costs! I get my fish oil and B complex from them also.

http://www.vitacost.com/Health-Plus-Super-Colon-Cleanse
Unread 10-06-2007, 07:55 PM

Hate to bother you all, but I've got a question. Has anyone been seeing spots? I've noticed it more when I'm outdoors, but the vision thing is driving me crazy.
Unread 10-06-2007, 09:28 PM

A little over 3 weeks out and feeling great -- except for the right side of my tummy -- like half way between the belly button and the hip -- feels more like a pulled muscle -- but very very tender -- doctor ssays that there is nothing that that should be causing problems -- but is the same spot where all the cramping took place during my period -- it is not letting up at all. Maybe I have over did it in my recovery and did not realize it. Any one got any suggestions there?

I can wear some of my jeans from before my surgery -- others are tighter and not brave enough to try them yet - but feeling good and trying to walk a lot -- hate water so probably not drinking enough.

but other than that i feel great!!!

Maybe will spoil myself for my birthday and get something new to wear.

have a great weekend.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register