Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 - Page 45 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Unread 10-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Sue and Beverly...Bigs hugs sent your way!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2007, 09:21 PM

Prayers are with you Diamond. Everything will work out fine. Just keep up your faith!
Unread 10-11-2007, 09:31 PM
First Postop Appointment

After 4 weeks, and three days, I finally saw my surgeon today. He said my incision looks great and comletely healed. He then performed the pelvic exam (that sorta smarted). Not sure what he was doing down there becuase I was talking about an interview I had coming up later this afternoon. It felt like he swabbed me. Then the traditional pelvic exam came and I was tender and I told him so, but he said I am in good shape.

My pathology report was negative (yay!) no cancer involved in my 8 times the usual size of a normal uterus including the fibroid.

He released me to full "normal" activity which includes doing my own laundry, grocery shopping, lifting up to 20 pounds, driving, etc. I tried to get out of this jury duty thing but he feels I will be capable in two weeks.

Only restrictions: No sex or full time work for two more weeks.

Had the interview. Turns out that the attorney who interviewed me is going to Mexico for some wedding for two weeks, so I didn't have to say nothing about me waiting. I might just have a job, but he said he will be interviewing a couple more people and I am definiately a candiate that will be invited back for a second interview with the big wigs (the partners of the firm). the job is for legal secretary. I know there will be stress involved, but what job isn't?

I finally found out which ovary was removed, my left. So, I guess I had a LSO?

As far as my menopausal symptoms, he told me that this sort of thing happens right about this time after surgery, so he wants to wait to put me on estrogen, but rather go back to using my progestrone cream for a month. After a month, if symptoms persist, to call his office. Other than that, "I'll see you in May!" That's six months down the line. I wonder why some of you have 2-3 postop appointments, but not my doc. He checked me over and gave me instructions, and out the door I went.

He did say try to increase my walking and of course the same old line "listen to your body".

I feel relieved to hear that I'm recovering just as he expected and now I don't feel afraid to talk more walks and do more things now.

I'm also anxious to hear back from this job interview I had. I need to get back to work. I think it will help me in all kinds of ways. I interviewed him too! And he said the morale in the office is great! That, coupled with health insurance, 401K and paid time off, plus a decent wage, I will not turn it down if they offer it to me. I will go back for that second interview Monday or Tuesday. wish me luck.

What a sigh of relief to know that my insides are okay, even though I said "ouch" while he was examinig me. I think I have an excellent surgeon. As usual, he gave me a piece of dark chocholate (good for the heart) and he said, "thanks for letting us take care of you".

I hope all of you are feeling okay today. If not, hang on, it will get better, believe me. And, by the way, the stinging upon urination which I still have -- he said that is from the catheter and it's not unusual to stil have stinging this far out from surgery. And the numb sensation from the belly button to incison -- he said that is the last thing to heal, may take months, but your feelings will come back.

Best to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Problem with incision

Hi All, I'm about 4 weeks p op now. Had to go to GYN on Monday because my the internal stitches on both ends of the incision caused irritation and had to be pull up and cut down--yes it hurt. Now I have openings at both ends of my vertical incision. The bottom opening is about 1/2 inch or so and its constantly draining, the top is a tiny hole but also drains clear fluid. But my dr said that its not infected. I dont have a fever so I dont think its infected either. I just feel like I took a step backwards cause I was feeling pretty good until this. My gyn also said its ok to get the openings wet in shower. Seems to me like they arent drying because they are wet from the fluid or once I wash up. I have a post op appt next week and I'm hoping it gets better soon.
Well glad everyone is hanging in there as I am.
I will let you know how it goes for me.
Unread 10-11-2007, 09:45 PM

muvion,
Very sorry to hear of your complications. At least you know that you do not have an infection and that is a very good thing. I know things can feel complicated, believe me, I know, but trust your doctor and your insticnts. It's okay to deviate a tiny bit if you are worried, like put a dressing over your incision while you are showering (don't take my word for this), but I would do it. I waited until I KNEW my incision was completly closed before I submerged myself into a tub, but I am not a doctor. All I know is that I do extra things that are not against the doc's orders, like ordering the Swelly Belly Band which has helped me turn over on my side at nights and other things that are not contadictive to doc's orders, but just to soothe me.

I wish you the best and hope you get to feeling better real soon.

Big hugs!
Unread 10-12-2007, 02:09 AM

Hi BananaBee

I know what you mean with your period. I kept both my ovaries and was initially worried after reading that some take a while to 'wake up' after the op, however, around the time I would have been due I noticed that I got swelling around my breasts the same way I always did, felt a bit down too, and I was constantly checking myself to see if I would bleed but no - there was nothing and I wondered what would happen with the swelling but it just went away of its own accord - really strange but I think great - no more accidents and running to change every half an hour

A big to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaBee
Hi Sisters!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Well, I think I may have done a big boo-boo.... I had an "O" two days ago and have been feeling strange ever since. I've been hurting alittle more, cant pass gas as well I could before *TMI I know* and my discharge is still a brownish color. It weirding me out...

I go see the Doc tomorrow. I am active duty Navy and they only gave me 30 days of Sick leave (Convelescent leave).... And that runs out on Saturday. I am hoping she'll extend my leave. I'm not physically ready to return to work; which will be on Monday if I dont get extended. One thing I've noticed is that everyone is getting 6-8 wks of leave/rest and I only got 30 days.... Hmmm... military is strange sometimes... oh well. Cross your fingers that I can get more time to rest.

Been real moody these last couple of days too. I would be on my period right now and its strange not having one. I catch myself looking when I wipe to see when I am gonna start and its not there. I dunno if any of you have gone or going through that but I'm trying to get use to all of this still. Sometimes I think its all a dream.
Unread 10-12-2007, 02:00 PM

Hey Bananabee,
Just to let you know you are not alone in the "O" department. My surgery was 29 days ago and my 5th wedding anniversary was yesterday, so...... well, you know. My husband is active duty Army and this is the first time we have been together for our anniversary in four years... we have been separated by deployments to Iraq, hurricane Katrina, blah, blah, blah. Just be very careful, because I know I feel totally different today too, real tired and alittle nervous about what I did. I went for my 4 week post op yesterday and my Dr did a pelvic and said everything was perfect, to start walking more, and stay off work and sex for 2 more weeks. Other than that he said he would see me in a year. Take care all.
Unread 10-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Update

Update:

Went to Dr. today and they took a urine sample, and then to my surprise he did an internal exam which was not scheduled until Oct. 25th.
It was so scared when he grabbed the spectrum and reminded him "that NOTHING was to be inserted until 6 week check" he laughed and said that it was neccessary.
He found a drying up hematoma about the size of a pencil eraser and took a sample of tissue for testing.
To my surprise he said I was looking good inside and said that I could resume sexual activity. OMG.... is he serious? Now I am 100% scared!!! I have a lot of "what if's" going on in my head. What if it is painful or everything falls apart and I don't know it til' it's to late? What if I bleed? What if I never like it again because it was a bad experience? OMG.... I think I am going to cry...
I am not going to tell my DH until I am ready.... if ever.
Still waiting on some test results. I think I am going to go watch Dr. Phil and pay attention to someone elses problems for a change.
Thanks for listening. I hope all my Sisters are doing very well today!!!
Unread 10-12-2007, 06:10 PM

Hi All,

I had a better day today. I took a bit less of the estrogen and seem to be less anxious. Could be all in my head too.

I got to go out to lunch today and really felt like a person. It felt so good!

I've been up since 3am so I'm feeling a bit tired now. I sure hope I can relax enough to sleep.

Hope you all are having a good day. For those of you who are in pain you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Blessings and hugs to all!

Kathy
Unread 10-12-2007, 06:28 PM

MissBHaven -- Just because you "look" like you can resume sexual activities, doesn't me YOU are ready to. I think he was just letting you know that it's ok to try it whenever you are ready. I've already told my dh that even if I can resume at 6 weeks, it doesn't mean that I WILL at 6 weeks. I am sure your husband respects you enough to wait until you are ready.

As for the hematoma? I have no idea about that. There is a lot on this board I know absolutely nothing about and a lot of it scares me. Hematomas, granulation tissue, bleeding, etc., etc.

Good luck with everything and try to relax about the sexual activity. You will know when you are ready, and you will know pretty fast if you need to change your mind. This is a very scary concept to me as well and I am glad I still have 2 weeks for sure. I know I will be telling my dh that he will have to be extraodinarily gentle for the first few times (not that he's the rough sort).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register