Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 - Page 48 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Unread 10-16-2007, 08:59 AM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

I'm feeling a bit better today. My headaches seem better even on the low estrogen dose of .3mg. The three days of headaches after dropping from a higher estrogen to a lower have been a drag. At least I don't have one this morning. I'm sleeping a lot better. I felt like I was speeding before. I imagine some people like all that energy but I couldn't shut down at night. I feel way more relaxed now. I'm a little more sweaty but that's okay. I see my doc. on Thurs. I guess I'll be released too. Hope you are all having a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2007, 09:11 AM

I had those really wierd dreams as long as I was on pain meds. My DD who is a nursing student said that is very common on pain meds.
I am off to see the Dr for my 6weks and hopefully release. My DH has steaks thawing for our "celebration" dinner tonight. I am very nervous about having sex for the first time. I know, take it slow and I will.
Unread 10-16-2007, 02:55 PM

Just saw the doctor today for a 5 weeks checkup. Everything was fine. It didn't hurt like I thought it would. I told him I was having trouble getting my estrogen patch to stay stuck a whole week, so he gave me some biweekly samples.
I'm still having bad dreams, and I've been off all pain medicine for weeks now. Could it be the patch?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2007, 03:32 PM

Hi all. 6 weeks post-op today! I am feeling pretty good, but definitely not 100% healed. I am able to do a lot of things, basic house cleaning, going to the store, but my husband picks up all the groceries, etc..I just show him what I want. he has been awesome during my entire recovery process.

I still have pain inside sometimes, it's hard to describe, and I still get tired quicker than I thought. I was able to go to a bonfire cookout which was awesome, but didn't dare think about taking part in the hayride.

I do still have issues with eating...it takes soooooooo little to fill me up and many days Im still only eating popsicles, jello, and applesauce. I am able to handle pasta, but some days have to force myself to eat anything.
Anyone started an actual exercise routine yet? I can't wait to start working out...having lost the weight I have Im so ready to really get fit for life now. Everyone is telling me how good I look. Im thinking yeah if only I FELT as good as you think I do. lol

No sex yet, but I am expecting that to change soon. Anyone want to share how their exp. with that has been post-op? I want it, but am a little scared.
Unread 10-16-2007, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb6121
Hi all. 6 weeks post-op today! I am feeling pretty good, but definitely not 100% healed. I am able to do a lot of things, basic house cleaning, going to the store, but my husband picks up all the groceries, etc..I just show him what I want. he has been awesome during my entire recovery process.

I still have pain inside sometimes, it's hard to describe, and I still get tired quicker than I thought. I was able to go to a bonfire cookout which was awesome, but didn't dare think about taking part in the hayride.

I do still have issues with eating...it takes soooooooo little to fill me up and many days Im still only eating popsicles, jello, and applesauce. I am able to handle pasta, but some days have to force myself to eat anything.
Anyone started an actual exercise routine yet? I can't wait to start working out...having lost the weight I have Im so ready to really get fit for life now. Everyone is telling me how good I look. Im thinking yeah if only I FELT as good as you think I do. lol

No sex yet, but I am expecting that to change soon. Anyone want to share how their exp. with that has been post-op? I want it, but am a little scared.
jb6121....I had my hyst the day after you did and we're only at the 5 weeek mark... You had me concerned...LOL I have a 6 week next Wed.
I have the same thing as you with the eating. I'm taking a stool softener daily to keep regular, but I think that may be part of that. Feeling full very quickly. Popsicles are great for that. Get the feeling of eating but not fill myself up~
Still no sex here, waiting til the doc checks me. I have started doing a little more housework-wise, but my DH has more than helped out... I get super tired super easy, so I know what you mean there too...
It's such a slow process, and maddening. I have done more than I should some days (like the garage sale this weekend at my dad's, who passed away in August - I didn't DO anything, but sitting in a lawnchair keeping people company took it's toll) but all in all I'm being pretty careful.
Incision finally closed. The part that had to heal from inside out seems to have puckered a bit so I will have to see what the dr says. God help me, I do NOT want to have anything else done!
Unread 10-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Odor?

Ok... so for the past few days I have had an unplesant odor. It doesn't smell, itch or burn like a yeast infection. I have been spotting also.
Could it be the stitches dissolving and trying to pass?
I don't have fever and the Dr. has not got back to me yet.
Even though I was cleared for sex early I still have not said anything to my DH, because I am still scared and now I have this embarassing odor thing going on.
I have a concert to go to tonight, I hope no one else notices it.

I am glad you are all doing well.

P.S. No drugs or HRT... wicked nightmares and hot flashes.

Take care my Sisters.
Unread 10-16-2007, 03:51 PM

jb6121,
I was at my 6-week mark on the 10th. I saw my doc on the 11th for my postop visit. He told me no sex for two more weeks, or full time work for two more weeks. Other than that, he released me for full activities. the pelvic exam was painful for me. He must have swabbed me with something and it felt like he hit my cervix, but that was removed during surgery. I too am very scared to try to have sex. I called the nurse today and she said, "go very gentle and use lots of lubrication". If you bleed a little bit, don't worry about it, but if it continues, call the office. I just don't want pain during sex. I feel like buying a sex toy to try it out first, LOL.
Unread 10-16-2007, 04:07 PM

I was talking to my DH and he was counting 6 weeks too...LOL I count from the surgery date and go to the same day the next week, and my surgeon must do that too because of the post op next week... but I can see this being the 6th week at the same time if you count the week of the surgery... interesting. Wonder how many people count it one way vs the other... I wasn't trying to be obtuse, just know on my recovery I've been glad to think I won't be worrying about release til next week. At the same time this week seems sooooo long!
Unread 10-16-2007, 04:28 PM

My surgery was on the Friday the 14th. I count the following Thursday as the end of week one and Friday the 21st starting another week. This Thursday the 18th, will be my five week mark. One more week after that... yay!!!

Finally starting to feel more "normal". Not taking any pain meds or HRT but still getting a few nightmares.

Happy thoughts to all of you!
Unread 10-16-2007, 04:46 PM

I am counting tht this thursday will be 5 full weeks since the surgery date.

Tomato -- tomatoe --
guess we all see thing differantly.

Went to the store by myself today -- picked up nothing heavy -- just the pushing the cart around -- I am tired for some silly reason -- have not have a case of the tireds in a couple of weeks.

Glad to hear everyone is getting along better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register