Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 - Page 49 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Unread 10-16-2007, 09:51 PM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb6121
Hi all. 6 weeks post-op today! I am feeling pretty good, but definitely not 100% healed. I am able to do a lot of things, basic house cleaning, going to the store, but my husband picks up all the groceries, etc..I just show him what I want. he has been awesome during my entire recovery process.

I still have pain inside sometimes, it's hard to describe, and I still get tired quicker than I thought. I was able to go to a bonfire cookout which was awesome, but didn't dare think about taking part in the hayride.

I do still have issues with eating...it takes soooooooo little to fill me up and many days Im still only eating popsicles, jello, and applesauce. I am able to handle pasta, but some days have to force myself to eat anything.
Anyone started an actual exercise routine yet? I can't wait to start working out...having lost the weight I have Im so ready to really get fit for life now. Everyone is telling me how good I look. Im thinking yeah if only I FELT as good as you think I do. lol

No sex yet, but I am expecting that to change soon. Anyone want to share how their exp. with that has been post-op? I want it, but am a little scared.
Hi,

Much to my surprise my Dr released me for ALL activity, including sex just after my 4 week mark from TAH surgery! He still has me off work till 10/29 but other than that no restrictions. My first reaction was that I was NOT going to tell my DH until 6 weeks that it was ok for sex but then I decided to go ahead and tell him. We were both nervous but surprisingly it was not painful and was able to have the big O. Didnt experience any problems after either. So, my advice is to wait for your dr's release and then just take it slow. I felt the same fears as all of you about having sex after surgery, but for me it was ok, in fact I had more discomfort with intercourse before surgery than now so that make me very happy!

Good luck to all and continue to be good to yourself

Sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2007, 06:37 AM
Exercise? Gaining Weight?

Hi all! I have really been overdoing it...and feel as though I have hurt something in my belly. I may call the doctor today. My life is pretty complicated right now because of the things my 5 year old is going through, so this could all just be related to emotions...

Anyway, I have gained 5 POUNDS! I am so frustrated, and KNOW that I need to change my diet, but I'm still working on constipation, so it's just a process at this point. What I really want to do is get on my elliptical. Has anyone tried that yet?

Unread 10-17-2007, 07:14 AM

I had my six week check up monday. Though I am only 5 weeks post op. I am released to go back to work oct 31st. Everyone agrees this is a good thing for me. Take an extra couple of weeks to build my strength up.

I walked 1 mi yesterday. Did good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2007, 08:09 AM

Hubby and I tried sex today. It was great at first, I started to get a bit sore toward the end of intercourse. I was very pleased with how it went!!! It was better than it has been in years! Woo hoo! Honeymoon time. Just try to relax and tell hubby to do plenty of foreplay to help you relax.
Unread 10-17-2007, 09:36 AM

Hi Sisters
Was very brave today went for an 1 1/2 hour , I took it careful and rested as and when a convenient bench came along, but feeling okay
Also NO discharge now ... it feels a little strange after having a year of continuous bleeding not to be wearing some kind of protection, but hope this is a sign of things to come
Have a good day and God Bless
Unread 10-17-2007, 09:54 AM

Diamondsister, good for you! I have not been walking very much at all, mostly becuase it's been soooooo cold and rainy outside. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get exercise inside my apartment in between the rain outside?

Such great reports lately. It wasn't that long ago, we were all bedridden!
Also, someone told me recently that a physical therapist can help with our abdominal scars (not sure what they do) so that the tissues are more flexible and not so tight? Ever heard of this? And maybe we can massage the wound ourselves? I still feel quite tight at the incision site, but maybe it's because I have not been walking!

Cheers!
Unread 10-17-2007, 10:05 AM

I have noticed the discharge slowly decreasing. Like I had said in another post, I didn't have as much of a problem pre-hyst, all this stuff just kind of snuck up on me in July. That was the first time I'd had irregular bleeding. It's been driving me crazy to wear pads constantly since the surgery. Finally down to pantiliner, but ugh... ready for that to be gone too!
And I would be VERY interested in finding out what a PT could do to help with the scarring. I know they say the more active you are sooner, the less adhesions you get. But I have a VERY tight part of my scar that concerns me, and I'd love to know if massage techniques could help loosen it up!!
Unread 10-17-2007, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJen
Hubby and I tried sex today. It was great at first, I started to get a bit sore toward the end of intercourse. I was very pleased with how it went!!! It was better than it has been in years! Woo hoo! Honeymoon time. Just try to relax and tell hubby to do plenty of foreplay to help you relax.
Thank cajen 4 the info we have tried all ready about 5 days ago i couldnt even tighten my vagina muscles with out pain but i need my hubby soooo bad i am gonna give it another shot tonight hope all is well well by the sounds of it all is great lol bcmusiclover
Unread 10-17-2007, 11:33 AM

I posted this somewhere else but I am going to post this here. I am reading this book that I highly recommend! It is called Women, Weight, and Hormones by Elizabeth Lee Vliet, MD. I am very impressed with it. I found out that she has written another book Screaming to Be Heard. I am going to track that one down and read it. I have learned so much from it. Progesterone is way over-rated according to Vliet. I am on it at the moment to dry up my endo, but as soon as I can, I am getting off of it or getting on a way lower dosage. She has sold me on a compound HRT. Read it ladies!!!
Unread 10-17-2007, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcmusiclover
Thank cajen 4 the info we have tried all ready about 5 days ago i couldnt even tighten my vagina muscles with out pain but i need my hubby soooo bad i am gonna give it another shot tonight hope all is well well by the sounds of it all is great lol bcmusiclover
Your welcome! I wish you the best!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register