Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Unread 09-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Latvh 9/14

Had surgery on Friday the 14th and came home the same evening.
Today is the first day that I'm home alone and have to remind myself not to do anything I shouldn't.
Pain has been mild. They sent me home with Ibuprofen 600mg which has worked ok, but Saturday I needed some Vicodin I had left from my D&C last month.
Still get the gas pains in the shoulder when I lay on my side.
Yesterday I went in to have a nurse check two of my puncture sites. They are very red and the belly button one is draining a lot of fluid. She had a doctor see me as mine was off. at first he thought it was a tape reaction till he saw the other two were not red. I had a slight temp so he gave me some Keflex, which has solved any constipation problem I had-lol!
I am going to have hubby drive me to the store to buy a package of larger undies. The hip huggers I have hit right at the swollen area and are bothering me!
My sweet friend brought me the new Olay Total Effects face cream for "menopausal skin". I actually kinda like it!
Pre-op I bought some supplements-flaxseed oil, evening primrose, calcium and a multi. I have been taking a liquid iron for anemia. Any ideas when I should start taking them?
I started taking the Estrace and the hot flashes are gone
I had Lupron in August and had a lot of hot flases!
Bladder is starting to empty more instead of a little at a time so I'm a happy camper!
So thankful for this site!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2007, 09:37 AM
1 Week Post Op

I cant believe that I had major surgery LAVH + R. tubes/ovary removed = 9.10.07)a little over a week ago ang for the MAJORNESS of the work done, I feel way better than I had even thought possiable after having organs removed. Having my tubes tied in 2004 seemed worse than this. I mean don't get me wrong. I can tell I had surgery, inside and out but I have more energy and ability than I had anticipated at this point...? My belly incision is sore and a lil red but nothing too bad. I get weird spasms vaginally and have not become regular yet 8 days later. I have a great appitite that the scale doesn't reflect. I have lost 7 lbs somehow. It burns to pee and it still is a stop-go-stop thing. I have aches and such but nothing major. My PC has been turned so I can use it laying down and the incredible people, questions & responses I have been able to access during thi process have become priceless...
Much a part of my preparation and recovery.

I still have a very long way to go - - -> BUT wanted any of the pre-op eople who may read this to stay hopeful in their position. I will keep updating as it will be great to reflect on years from now...

Unread 09-18-2007, 10:08 AM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

i am just taking 800 mg ibuprofen every 8 hours and am 6 days post op. I can't take percocet becasue of the way it makes me feel. Try the ibuprofen but make sure your taking it with some crackers or something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2007, 11:53 AM

Did you have a total abdominal with tubes, ovaries and cervix also? I have some 600mg IBU here. I will try that. I am in a lot of pain right now. Maybe I just got spoiled on the percocet. I didn't feel anything on that. I couldn't even feel my skin. LOL
Unread 09-18-2007, 01:40 PM

Had my surgery late on the 12th and was discharged on the morning of the 16th. No particular problems in the hospital but lots at home. First, am having problems eating - food either seems to stick on the way down, with major acid reflux, or if I manage to eat something then I end up with indigestion or worse, nausea. Am taking stool softeners and laxitive at nite before bed, and just spoke to nurse and she recommended milk of magnesia - said she thinks I just need to got those bowels moving and I will feel much better.
As for the post-op pain it is minimal - I was able to take two percocet every 4-6 hrs, with 600 mg ibuprofen inbetween and have only take one of the percocet, maybe every 8 hrs. and the same with the ibpurofen. They said to switch to tylenol instead of the ibuprofen because of the stomach upset. Hoping it is only a matter of needing to 'go' and not an obstruction.
Unread 09-18-2007, 01:59 PM

Walking will definitely help with the stomach and bowel. If you get to nausated try drinking a sprite or a coke. Either will help with nausea. I get nausated after eatting due to gas and bleching helps relieve it.
Unread 09-18-2007, 03:09 PM

So far I haven't had to deal with nausea at all, for which I am tremendously grateful. Still having some gas and constipation issues on and off. Felt pretty good yesterday, sat on my couch and did a few hours work. Slept like a log (other than getting up every hour to use the bathroom). Today I am tired and headachey, but still getting by on ibuprofen during the daytime. But WOW, the energy really comes and goes. One minute I feel like 'normal' and then an hour later I am just dead exhausted - and without doing anything! Lots and lots of twinges today and last nite - I am really feeling the incision sites and can only assume that this means they are healing. Also feeling alot inside, especially at the top of my vagina. Frankly, I am not really looking all that forward to having sex for the first few times. *sigh* Just keep telling myself - it's all part of the process....
Unread 09-18-2007, 03:13 PM
Hi all

TAH / BSO surgery on the 13th -- home on the 15th -- and now bored out of my skull!!!!!!!!!!

I am not one for taking meds -- so pretty much did not use much while in the castle-- they sent me home with oxycodone -- and have only been taking one or 2 a day.

I usually sleep on my right side -- so that has been a blessing since flat on my back hurts the back not so much the tummy. the right hip is yelling as I am sleeping more than before the surgery -- but when you have 2 jobs -- sleep was a premium anyways.

Having some back pain on right side under ribs and above hips -- think maybe could be kidneys -- but I am drinking lots of water -- and still going with no pain -- (called the dr and seeing what might be up)

my tummy is quite vocal that there is a gas bubble that just wants to move aorund -- but no serious dirress because of it --
other than that -- no problems other than boredum -- there is only so much TV that one can watch and so much sleeping that you can do --

read lots of posts that right after surgery with removal of the ovaries -- people were already experiencing hot flashes. Me I have been cold no fever so not really worrying about -- never been normal with anything else in my life -- so why should this be different.

my DH is concerned that I will over do -- but have someone coming to clean the house on Friday -- so that may help some of the restlessness
thanks for all the love and support --
hope everyone else is doing good.
Unread 09-18-2007, 04:35 PM
pain relive

Im taking Percocet. Allowed to have 2 per 6 hrs but have been going with only 1 to see if it is sufficient, and so far, that has worked for me. I have really cut back on using any of it because I dont like that out of it feeling either. Hang in there!

Are you using a heating pad? That also helps me lots, esp with shoulder pain. and trying to get short walks in help too
Unread 09-18-2007, 08:16 PM
Update

I ran out of my prescription pain medicine today and have managed with ibuprofen. I had worried about when it ran out, but now I think it's going to be okay. My insides are pretty sore and I'm trying to be careful about not doing too much. So far, my family is doing all the household chores. They've been wonderful! The boredom is already starting to kick in. I've got 6 weeks off work and am starting to wonder what I'm going to do all that time.

ShandyC

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register