Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 - Page 56 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Unread 10-23-2007, 09:13 AM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by thediamondlady
Just because you are released down not mean that you are 100% --
please be careful. You still got tons on internal healing to be doing

putting siding on ahouse is a ltittle extreme.

please go slow jumping into thing -- as you can still cause problems for your self
I will be very careful. More then likely he will just have me cutting the siding and not putting it up. He has a stool he will have me sit on while I am cutting. Plus I can walk over to the school and have lunch with my DS (9 yrs old). He should enjoy that. I will be 4 mins from home if I get tired, which I probably will, I miss my energy so much. What is the saying? "All good things come to those who wait."
I just hope he lets me sit there if he won't let me work. It is better then being cooped up at home. I'll take what I can get, smile and breathe in the fresh air.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2007, 09:17 AM

Please take it easy . I went back to work yesterday. I sit at a desk and by 3:00 I was totally wasted. I got home just before 5 and was so tired couldn't see straigt. DH was so sweet, we did leftover for dinner and I had a hot bath. I still have no energy but trying to push through it. Just listen to your body.
Unread 10-23-2007, 09:24 AM

Yes 6 weeks just means you are healed according to the Dr. to go back to work and stuff not your internal healing. I tell you after 13 weeks my insides are still feeling funny. My hubby was painting the inside of our home and I tried to help take the pictures down and I reached too high and pulled something and I had to quit. I sometimes still get a catch here and there in my sides when I try to vacuum, it also makes my left hip ache when I do that. So just take your time. When I was okayed to return to work the first 2 weeks I only worked 1/2 days and then the 3rd week I worked until 3:00 and then after that I was working all day. I had to gradually build up to working 8 hours a day. Take it easy. I hear it's 6 months before you are normal again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2007, 09:46 AM

I'm on ambien too and I wonder how long am I going to have to be on sleep meds. I wasn't on them before and if I ever had a problem I took melatonin and it worked. I've tried melatonin since surgery and that totally backfired. I was up most of the night feeling terrible. Ambien works okay and I do get some sleep but has anyone that is taking sleep meds. weened themself off yet and do you sleep normally? Just wondering.
Unread 10-23-2007, 10:46 AM

Oh please tell me how to ween yourself. I so want to sleep normally without help. I have been on ambien for a very long time, didn't sleep before my surgery and now it is worse. If I don't take something I just hear my DH snore and toss all night. He has tried everything on the market for snoring too. He just rolls over on his back and look out. I roll him over but by then I am awake. He sleeps in the other room occaionally to let me sleep better but I am sor afrid I won't sleep I take somehting. Melatonin does not work, valerian makes me groggy, I have tried the teas, the hot bath, the soft music. HELP
Unread 10-23-2007, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workerwoman
Oh please tell me how to ween yourself. I so want to sleep normally without help. I have been on ambien for a very long time, didn't sleep before my surgery and now it is worse. If I don't take something I just hear my DH snore and toss all night. He has tried everything on the market for snoring too. He just rolls over on his back and look out. I roll him over but by then I am awake. He sleeps in the other room occaionally to let me sleep better but I am sor afrid I won't sleep I take somehting. Melatonin does not work, valerian makes me groggy, I have tried the teas, the hot bath, the soft music. HELP
I use ear plugs... lol. My DH is so bad that my boys use earplugs too. I have used earplugs for about 4 years. I gave up fight with him and my sleep so I tried it and now it is just habit. I got my sanity back and my sleep pattern is pretty regular now. Still have some nights where I toss and turn but that is because I am normally worrying about something. So that is where a lil' Advil PM comes into play.
Unread 10-23-2007, 11:21 AM

Reinventing,
Tomorrow is my 6-week mark. I already had my one-month postop, and my doc said, you're healing fine and we'll see you at your next annual exam. I too tire easily still, especially if I sit on my fanny for hours watching TV. I am going for a walk today. I am walking faster, but my stamina is not totally back. Hang in there. I agree, I had no idea what I signed up for and how long this recovery period would take. Try not to compare yourself to others here. We are all different and our surgeons may have done something a little different during the operation. For instance, when I urinate I still sting a bit, but that's because the doc had to push my bladder aside to get to the repro organs, and also being catherized can cause stinging for weeks from what I have been told. I ask a lot of questions and the nurse is probably sick of me calling, but I keep calling.

Kathy, yes, please tell me the name of the drug that takes away the cravings for cigs. Was it maybe Chantix? I'm not sure how many more meds I can afford and I'm afraid of the side effects, especially now that I'm taking Estradiol. I reserached it and I think it's a steroid, or maybe I read it wrong. I thought it was just plain estrogen. I think my thinking is not good lately.
Unread 10-23-2007, 11:50 AM

I am happy that I am not alone. I feel like everyone else is healing much faster than I am. I understand from my doctor that I had a lot of extra stuff taken out and I would be sorer but I feel like I should be much better than I am. I guess I need to stop feeling guilty and just let myself heal. Good luck everyone.

Janelle
Unread 10-23-2007, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recovery
Reinventing,
Tomorrow is my 6-week mark. I already had my one-month postop, and my doc said, you're healing fine and we'll see you at your next annual exam. I too tire easily still, especially if I sit on my fanny for hours watching TV. I am going for a walk today. I am walking faster, but my stamina is not totally back. Hang in there. I agree, I had no idea what I signed up for and how long this recovery period would take. Try not to compare yourself to others here. We are all different and our surgeons may have done something a little different during the operation. For instance, when I urinate I still sting a bit, but that's because the doc had to push my bladder aside to get to the repro organs, and also being catherized can cause stinging for weeks from what I have been told. I ask a lot of questions and the nurse is probably sick of me calling, but I keep calling.

Kathy, yes, please tell me the name of the drug that takes away the cravings for cigs. Was it maybe Chantix? I'm not sure how many more meds I can afford and I'm afraid of the side effects, especially now that I'm taking Estradiol. I reserached it and I think it's a steroid, or maybe I read it wrong. I thought it was just plain estrogen. I think my thinking is not good lately.

Recovery,

I will talk to my brother and ask him. I know he was supposed to be on it for a while but after 2 months he just stopped taking the meds and hasn't had a cigerette since. I was in shock that it worked. He had a hard time trying to quit and this stuff was great. As soon as I talk to him I'll get back to you. I'll find out if it cost much. He's on a budget. Kathy
Unread 10-23-2007, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recovery
Reinventing,

Recovery,

Estrodiol is just plain estrogen. Our bodies make 3 kinds of estrogen and estradiol is one of them. The other 2 are estrone and estriol. The one that is supposed to produce the best effects in our bodies is estradiol. They are also known as E1, E2, and E3. E2 (estradiol) is the one that you want the count to be around 100. Some women are different and need it to be higher or a tad lower. I learned all this in Vliet's book!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register