Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 - Page 60 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Unread 10-26-2007, 08:03 AM
Hysterectomy dates Sep 10-Sep 17,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recovery
I don't really like getting this up front and personal about things, but it's really important to me and I am wondering how many of you have lost their libido entirely? I have a BF and he is waiting patiently because I still have some inside aches and pains and also no sexual desire whatsoever. My doc prescribed Estradiol, but I'm only four days into it. I called an herbal store, and I went and bought some Emu oil and Steel-Libido. I only took only capsule fo the Steel-Libido tonight and it calls for two per day and 4 caps two hours before sexual activity. It's supposed to be all natural and I want to try just about anything at this point. The Emu oil is supposed to be also good for just about everything from healing scars (just rub it on your incision) to hair loss and you name it (muscle aches, etc). It's pure so I know it won't hurt.

I just want to please my partner. His libido has skyrocketed since we met and yet we have not done it even once. I just want some advice on what can get me going again, feeling those sensual sensations, any ideas?

Thanks again! and HUGS!
I think it is all in yr head because my hubby and i had sex 5 wk post op and i want to jump his bones every day when he comes home those 5 weeks were painful and depressing and i guess being loved on and rubbed on by him is worth the pay off, how ever i do know 2 women who say they lost interst also and they r now divorced so you better think long and hard and try having yr bf do alot of foreplay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2007, 08:14 AM
Cleared, not cleared

Ok, so I went in for my 6 week check. At 4 weeks I was cleared for sex (have not felt like it so I haven't), but yesterday during my check the Dr. took most of my "cleared" away! I am back to resting and no sex for another 3 weeks. I thought he was kinding... until he said I had a spot on my vaginal cuff that was not healing properly and he pulled out the dreaded nitrate sticks. I asked if it was neccessary! He stated that if I continue to over-do it he was going to have to use the nitrate or restitch it. Needless to say.... I am resting 100% and stopping all exercise and house cleaning. The spot is the size of a pinhead, I promised him that I would rest if he just kept the nitrate away from me. So in 3 weeks if it has not healed he WILL nitrate me.
I have 3 weeks to show improvement... I know I can do it!!! I am disappointed in myself and my body. I quit smoking 2 months prior to surgery just so I could heal better and feel better. I have went 4 months without a smoke. I WANT ONE NOW!!!!! I am so frustrated with this minor lil' setback.
Oh well, I have rambled on enough. I hope everyone is doing well!
Thanks for listening Sisters!
Unread 10-26-2007, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recovery
I don't really like getting this up front and personal about things, but it's really important to me and I am wondering how many of you have lost their libido entirely? I have a BF and he is waiting patiently because I still have some inside aches and pains and also no sexual desire whatsoever. My doc prescribed Estradiol, but I'm only four days into it. I called an herbal store, and I went and bought some Emu oil and Steel-Libido. I only took only capsule fo the Steel-Libido tonight and it calls for two per day and 4 caps two hours before sexual activity. It's supposed to be all natural and I want to try just about anything at this point. The Emu oil is supposed to be also good for just about everything from healing scars (just rub it on your incision) to hair loss and you name it (muscle aches, etc). It's pure so I know it won't hurt.

I just want to please my partner. His libido has skyrocketed since we met and yet we have not done it even once. I just want some advice on what can get me going again, feeling those sensual sensations, any ideas?

Thanks again! and HUGS!

Recovery,

This is just my experience but thought it was worth sharing. I've had low libido for years before my surgery. I've tried all kind of things to increase it. After surgery I'm on estrogen and maybe it's a higher dose then my body was even making before sugery. I've have more of a desire now then before. I wondering if there is a direct link to estrogen and drive. I don't know for sure but it sure is nice to have a little more desire. It's just my I understand your frustration.

Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2007, 09:28 AM
It's gone, gone, gone....

Recovery,
After a short burst of desire about 3+ weeks post op, I feel I have lost it, also. My recovery has been un-eventful, and I feel good, just don't have any libido. I have had an Estradiol patch (.05 mg) since 3 days after my surgery, so don't know if it's hormones (or lack thereof). From what I've read here, it sometimes takes quite a while for the hormones to settle down, so I can't decide if I should talk to my regular doctor, or just wait and see what happens in the next few weeks. I'm anxious to hear how the supplements you're taking work.
Unread 10-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Checking in...

Well, while I am seeing daily improvements on one front, apparently another front reared up. Went to the dentist this morning, have an abcess on the right side of my mouth and had a tooth extracted on the left and another tooth root canal started today....How fun!
But I will feel ALL better when it's all done. I'm not feeling as sore today as I have been, yesterday was the first day I really didn't have any lagging problem from being up and around...and today - even after two hours in the dentist chair - I feel fine (except the obvious mouth thing)
Just thought I'd check back in. So far today I haven't felt even a twinge of a problem. That would be nice for it to ease up like this right as I have something else going on. Then I don't get dogpiled....
Robin
Unread 10-26-2007, 11:45 AM
6 weeks already???????????

I had my follow up yesterday for my 6 week check up---
got the all clear and life back to normal

Said that the cuff still has one stitch that is hanging in there-- but DR is sure that it will go away on its own.

As of right now no HRT - - will only treat if it becomes unliveable -- and then will be short time before getting weaned back off.

Not really having hot flashes -- more like cold flashes --
have not figured out the moods yet -- only time will tell
I have always been emotional -- so maybe that will calm down???

I lost about 15 pounds since surgery -- and hope that I can get that even further down.

I head back to work on Monday -- t is hard to believe it has been 6 weeks already -- guess I have to give up my sleeping late and get the alarm clock reset for 4:45 in the AM to be able to give myself time to make the commute and walk to the office. I know my puppies ( OK they are 11 years old ) will hate the fact the they will now have to spend each day back outside in their dog run and not inside the house with me.

Thanks to all for your support and encouragement.

Will stop by when possible.

Best wishes to all in your recoveries.

Lisa
Unread 10-26-2007, 03:27 PM

Congrats, Lisa! What a great report and I am glad you are doing so much better. Six weeks did fly by, didn't it? I wish you only the best as you get back into life and hopefully feel better and better than you ever did before.

Hugs!
Unread 10-26-2007, 07:04 PM

Had my 6 week post-op visit today, with a doctor other than the one who did my surgery.
One part of the cuff needs to heal. He removed some granulation and used silver nitrate. He said exercise is ok
but sex isn't for 3-4 weeks. Gave me a long spill about hte importance of being healed all the way then said I didn't need to come back.
As I was driving home I thought after the long spill , shouldn't I be checked again in 3-4 weeks to make sure I'm all healed? So, I called for a recheck with my GYN as she will be back then and was told they will call back once they have "permission" to schedule me another appointment...
What???????

Sometimes I just love large HMO's.

Other than that I'm doing good~
Unread 10-26-2007, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floppyears4me
Had my 6 week post-op visit today, with a doctor other than the one who did my surgery.
One part of the cuff needs to heal. He removed some granulation and used silver nitrate. He said exercise is ok
but sex isn't for 3-4 weeks. Gave me a long spill about hte importance of being healed all the way then said I didn't need to come back.
As I was driving home I thought after the long spill , shouldn't I be checked again in 3-4 weeks to make sure I'm all healed? So, I called for a recheck with my GYN as she will be back then and was told they will call back once they have "permission" to schedule me another appointment...
What???????

Sometimes I just love large HMO's.

Other than that I'm doing good~
He wants to you wait another 3-4 weeks? Wow!
Unread 10-27-2007, 06:12 PM

Mine said 3 more weeks as well for sex, but didn't really give me any reason behind it. He didn't check long enough inside to have a concern if you ask me, it was very quick. I was wondering if maybe he is just one that errs on the side of caution with sex or something, but I don't know.
I don't see him again for 2 months, so I'm going to be nervous I'm sure at the 3 more week mark thinking Hmmm...???!?!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register