Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Unread 11-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Nervous about the Dr. 's visit

Anyone else nervous about going back to the doctor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2007, 07:42 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

I just wanted to let everyone know that I really hate everthing that we have went through. But in the long run we will feel so much better. I am glad though to know that I am not the only one that has went through the BM problem. I agree with everyone of you who say it is like CHILDBIRTH!!!

I have had a pretty good day, My left side has hurt and I have alot of pulling. I know it is probably from on my feet to much today. I got a hair up my rear and cleaned my bathrooms
! My incision started leaking and smelling alittle bit, so I called my doctor and had to go in. My site was just irritated and the strips were coming off. So I have been over doing it. I can not just sit. But doctor said my recover will take longer. I am wanting to get back into the gym. This is really bothering me!!!! Oh well I hope that everyone has a great day tomorrow and much needed rest.

Tina
total with everything gone.
Unread 11-14-2007, 09:22 PM

thank you i finally had a tough one to sure there is more to come.hope the rest of your recovery goes well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2007, 11:13 PM

Big day! I made it to 1:30 without taking any pain medication. Woo-hoo! I also made the switch from Percocet to Darvocet, although the Darvocet really did nothing for me. Might as well have taken an M&M for the pain. Of course, now I'm stuck with the Darvocet because that's what I requested. I wonder if they will give me Percocet again if I ask -- I'll be happy to give them the Darvocet prescription if drug seeking is a concern. I still tire easily and feel weak by the afternoon. I had to take a nap today. I've been trying not to sleep during the day because I have not been able to get to sleep at night and sleep lightly when I do finally get to sleep. The last 3 nights I have had terrible night sweats, which I guess is part of the hormone adjustment after surgery even though I kept both ovaries. I've been lucky to have my husband home for the last couple of weeks, but I worry about whether I will be in any shape to handle everything again by next Monday.
Unread 11-14-2007, 11:45 PM
Lonely and looking for a bm

I had my LAH on the 9th and still no bm- I've upped he stool softners and fiber and hope for tomorrow.
DH is still clueless. I explained that I can't load the dishwasher or pick up things from the floor. I am disappointed because he said he would take time off of work and hasn't, and comes home from work and plops down on the couch. Are hubbies all like this? Am I not complaining enough? I don't have family here, can't drive and little help from hubbie right now. I miss my horse and can't go to see him with out driving. Now the water works are starting. How do I help myself without help?
Unread 11-15-2007, 01:45 AM

Hi from England!
I'm 35, I had my tah/bso for endo, cysts and pain on Tuesday 6th November, so I'm 9 days post op, and feeling better than I did a few days ago. I was niave and suprised at how long I'm feeling yeuk for! Most probs have been gas and sleeping comfortably. Also being patient is killing me!
Swelly belly is horrible!! Nothing fits! BM have been fine, had first one 2nd day post op and have taken a miild laxative (herbal) every night since to prevent bung up! Also have upped my fibre and fruit intake. Going Pee is causing me a little concern as it's sore in my lower abdomen at the end of the pee, not at the beggining, if that makes sense!! I think it's just muscles.

Love to all
xxx
Unread 11-15-2007, 02:14 AM
HI from UK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by netty67
Are there many UK ladies out there, seems mostly US. I am asure im not alone x
Hi there I'm 35, from Cambridgeshire and had my TAH/BSO on 6th November!
Unread 11-15-2007, 04:19 AM

Those of you talking about having hubbies/kids home to help are very, very lucky..and even if they don't help a lot, at least someone is there with you. I live alone and hate to ask anyone for help. Thank God my brother from out of town has stayed with me since my surgery on 11-5, but, until I really made him understand, thinks that you need to just "keep going." We had a tense day or two! But he is leaving today, and I can't drive yet so there goes my errand runner & buddy.....icky poo. But thank God I'm doing really well.

Anyway, my love and prayers out to everyone, and let's all look down the road to recovery!!
Unread 11-15-2007, 05:11 AM

Morning ladies. I feel sore like I got kicked but not enough yet to pop pills.
I had a decent sleep only waking once last night for an hour. Stuck it out and slept till 6 am.
I have discovered it is easier to drive in hubby's montecarlo then my truck LOL.
I can drive when needed but don't want to most times. I let him take me where I need to go to get some sunshine and fresh air.
I had a lazier day yesterday which meant 1 hour run around town then just sat on butt being a princess the rest of time LOL.
FOr those of you still waiting to poop my gosh take something now.
I hate if I have not gone 1 day as it puts pressure down there can't imagine a week or more. Not that I filled my prescription anyways but withe the drugs she prescribed colase?
I had a laxitive at home and didn't realize there was a difference between laxitive and softener. Oh well it owrked LOL.
If it has been more then a few days I don't think prune juice and bran will help you need something more seriuos at this point in my opinion
As the pharmacy they will help. but remember to get up and move around to. Try a walk around the block to get things moving
Unread 11-15-2007, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidwolf
thank you i finally had a tough one to sure there is more to come.hope the rest of your recovery goes well

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register