Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 - Page 20 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Unread 11-19-2007, 06:58 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Just wanted to chime in on the delightful topic of BMs. I think I've had 3 in the two weeks since surgery. I'm eating prunes, walking, taking Miralax and a softener. How is this possible? What on earth happens to our bodies that makes this so difficult? I'm afraid to take the iron pills my doctor prescribed because I don't want to discourage any movement (as it were).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2007, 11:03 PM
confused

I am 1 week into my vaginal hysterectomy. I am still very gassy and have pain in my bowels. Also how long does it take for the cramping to subside. I know I was told it would take awhile but I don't know of anyone who has had a vagunal one done and has left the ovaries in. Any comments would help.
Unread 11-20-2007, 05:56 AM

Katie, thanks for your words of encouragement! I never expected to have so much trouble post op but then I've never been operated on before. My doctor was so good yesterday...checking things out and being supportive. This morning I have a dark yellow discharge on my pad and don't know where that is coming from? Is peritoneal fluid that dark? Also, I'm heading towards 2 weeks post op and still using ibuprofen when I need it and still have quite the swelly belly! Keep in touch and thanks for the feedback! Jo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-20-2007, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme101
I am 1 week into my vaginal hysterectomy. I am still very gassy and have pain in my bowels. Also how long does it take for the cramping to subside. I know I was told it would take awhile but I don't know of anyone who has had a vagunal one done and has left the ovaries in. Any comments would help.
I had my TVH, kept ovaries on the 9th and I took milk of mag on like the second day after surgery the gas and cramping was getting on my nerves. Since then have been going right on schedule. I am not cramping any more alothough, the last two days was hurting bad enough to take pain meds again. I have had no bleeding, except right after surgery and that was very minimal. So far today doing good, but stil early. gonna try to go back to work next week, if the check up goes good.
Unread 11-20-2007, 10:06 AM

Hello Girls,

I had a TAH on the 5th of November and today feeling great. Although I can tell that you can do to much to soon and are going to pay for it. Other then creating my own pain by doing to much my recovery seems to be going along really really well. Very little pain.......off meds other then maybe before bed. I do get tired in the afternoon and take a rest sometimes just watching TV or napping......depends on who is in my house. I am usually the person that does Thanksgiving Dinner but not this year........taking family out on Wednesday evening then going to in-laws house for T day. What a stress relief.

Thank you all for the information and encouragement I have gotten reading on this site

Lori 47 year old hystersister.......
Unread 11-20-2007, 11:47 AM

had mine the seventh, and I'm feeling alright, stopped taking the perscription pain medicine, substituted for iboprofen once in a while. I'm cooking, washing dishes, and doing other small chores each night.

About the only thing I'm worried about is I'll black out if I move too fast. I'll stand up and walk out of a room and get dizzy and it'll go black around the edges of my vision for a second or two. I'm guessing it's due to my low iron and pottasium, sense this has happened before, just not as often.
Unread 11-20-2007, 12:09 PM
bladder / kidney infection setback

My TLH was surprisingly easy...or so I thought! I could not believe how good I felt post surgery on the 9th. OK...so I walked a little hunched over for two days because of the gas but otherwise great! Was feeling incredible until this past weekend when an infection set me way back. YUCK! I go for post op this afternoon and to review my pathology report. Let's keep fingers crossed that comes back negative. I originally had my surgery following finding an adenocarcinoma in situ after a LEEP was done several weeks ago. You ladies are incredibly strong...thanks for all your postings. It has been so helpful reading everyone's progress while I figured out how to add my own!
Hugs to all,
Lynn
Unread 11-20-2007, 12:13 PM

goche21
s glad someone else is having dodgy head.. mine too .. hope you heal and recover quik quik x
Unread 11-20-2007, 12:15 PM

hopeful39

had mine vaginal and left ovaries 1st november.. had gas and bowels issues for 2 weeks.. so please feel assurred, all okay just slow going x
Unread 11-20-2007, 12:31 PM

hello everyone
things here are a little better.bowel is starting to work.im feeling really tired irratable.may have done to much yesterday but seems to go that way.one day lots of energyn ext day none.finally getting food into my body as well.concerned cause my son will be going home in a few days then ill be on my own

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register