Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 - Page 24 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Unread 11-22-2007, 08:46 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

It sounds like a urinary infection to me...I would think he should check that out and put you on some antibiotics at the very least. Do you have any fever? Even a low grade one? That would also point to an infection. The pressure feeling is still with me and I had my TAH on Nov. 8....so perhaps that is normal? But I wouldn't wait until the 26th....I would get it taken care of. Sending you some healing thoughts and prayers...Jo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2007, 12:39 PM

Well sorry to those not healing so quick and way to go on the ones doing great.

I enjoyed my bath adn was told if no disscharge it would be ok.

I did some shopping this morning had lunch out then now ready for a good rest. nothing major happening rest of day and going to sit in my recliner and do nothing
Unread 11-22-2007, 05:30 PM
healing finally TAH was 11/5

Hi all,
I am glad to say that after a small setback and another 4 days back at the castle I came home yesterday with a wound vac and now well on the road to recovery. Wishing all the other sisters a wonderful holiday season and lots of s. Don't forget to pamper yourself. Rememer we are special. Thank you to all the sister's for their loving support during my TAH.

Keep the faith,
Paula
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2007, 09:33 PM

I am doing pretty good. My incision is healing real good. I go for my post op on Nov 27th. Does anybody else feel real bloated? How long will this go on?

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
Unread 11-23-2007, 05:20 AM

cidwolf, I am still feeling a tiny bit nauseated ever since my surgery. I also can only eat about half of what I used to eat, as my stomach seems to get full more easily. I take these things as good because I'm much more inactive and don't need to be eating as much---maybe my body knows best?? I'm just making sure that what I do eat is nutritious and taking my supplements and vitamins.

((((((((((((((((Paula))))))))))))))))

Jo, I bought a book & CD by Peggy Huddleston (it's on Amazon) about preparing for surgery and it was incredible how much it helped me! I have a tendency to get a little panicky and agitated just when I go to my Dr's office! So when I learned I had to have surgery, I was beside myself. So I got Peggy's book a week before surgery (a couple of weeks would have been best). She describes how it is so important to have a positive attitude about the surgery, and how to use your mind to send healing messages to the area of your body where you will have surgery. On her CD, she takes you through completely relaxing your body (by counting from 1 to 10 and deep breathing the whole time, relaxing each part of your body, etc.) and then guides you into thinking about when you feel the most comfortable & safe. You take those images, and keep using it to relax your body all the way up to your surgery. I used sitting & dozing off in a warm, sunny car with the windows rolled up on a cool fall day. On the way to the hospital, I kept using the relaxation techniques from the CD, quietly stayed in my "zone" while waiting to go into surgery, and was thinking about that warm car as they rolled me down the halls! Without the CD & book, I would have been close to hyperventilating. Before the day of surgery, I had asked my anesthesiologist about reading positive affirmations to me as I'm going under and coming back out, and he had no problems with it. I had also asked my surgeon if I could listen to music on headphones and that was also fine. So after I got into the OR, the last thing I remember is my headphones going on with the beautiful piano music I had picked out, and the anest. saying "can you hear that OK?" I asked my Dr a couple of days ago if he felt that all this helped, and said he definitely did, given that I'm doing so well after the surgery. So do I recommend it? Yes!!
Unread 11-23-2007, 06:40 AM

Thanks Katie..I wish I had been so informed about stress relief and surgery.
I remember how nervous I was the day before the surgery...I was at work and had this terrible knot in my stomach that just wouldn't leave...I think I was a bit better on the actual day of surgery after talking with others heading into one type of surgery or another. Good information just in case there is a next time! Today I see my doctor for a check up. My main problem lately is sleeping....I can't seem to fall asleep..takes forever!
Unread 11-23-2007, 07:03 AM

hi
ty everyone for your postings.Im at three weeks post op Can i drive?Off pain meds apart from ibprophen
Unread 11-23-2007, 07:20 AM

cidwolf...I'm at 2 weeks and doctor told me I could drive when I could check my blind spot and not feel pulling on my abdomen and operate the brakes without discomfort...so I drove for the first time yesterday..a bit of pain but not too bad. Sounds like you're doing well! Way to go!
Unread 11-23-2007, 12:56 PM
!

Well I just got back from my 2 week post op appointment. He said it looked good and removed the tape strips. I feel good, but a little bloated too like others and sore when I urinate. He said I can do light aerobics if I want, no weights, and I could even go back to my bowling. Also that I can probably go snowmobiling in another 4 weeks which was really good news. So my husband and I went and he bought me my new snowmobile we've been talking about. Very exciting
Unread 11-23-2007, 01:11 PM

I wish I knew what was wrong with me. Still battling the nausea. This is day 5. I thought I had turned the corner yesterday as I felt like I could actually eat and ate a decent amount of Thanksgiving dinner. I came home later and threw it all up though. This morning I tried to eat a little and now it I can feel it just sitting there in my stomach. I should call my doctor, but I know he is out of the office until Monday and I really don't trust his partner. I almost wish I had a fever because then I would know something was up. For now, it's just nausea and a lot of pain in my abdomen and hips.

I feel like I am here always whining and complaining to you all about my woes and I'm sorry.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register