Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 - Page 30 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Unread 11-27-2007, 07:32 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

abosulutey yesterday was keeled over in pain was just gas thought i was dieing.It seems that im not moving enough to get it moving out.Also wish the nausea would go away but its possible not from this but previous surgeryIts frustrating because in my bussiness this is the time to make money and i dont have energy to pour
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2007, 07:39 AM

Wish I had some magic cure for you cidwolf! I'll send some healing energy your way and pray that you start to feel better. My worst time seems to be the evenings...I'm more sore and restless. I know it's from lack of activity as I used to go to the gym 3 times a week...boy do I miss that! Here's to better days ahead!
Jo
Unread 11-27-2007, 11:09 AM
I do feel good

My experience began on Tuesday, November 6th. I visited the castle and had a TAH with a Burch procedure for my bladder. Previous to this I had cramps and PMS symtpoms all the time. I also had severe chronic migraines. I have to admit that when I came to in the recovery room I was in a lot of pain They didn't hook up my morphine pump until I was back in my room and that felt like forever. I ached and I felt very uncomfortable. I didn't realize that most of what I felt was bloated and gas. The next morning the doctor came in told me that everything went smoothly and I was able to keep my ovaries. This was great news. By the end of day two I was out walking in the halls (with my foley-it's a good thing that wasn't embarrassing). I was so bored and ready to stay out of bed. I couldn't eat because I was so gassy so I stayed on a liquid diet. My honey took great care of me and things back at home. I went home after staying for two nights. I was sore and I was tired because I was still taking darvacet. I took them for one more day and then stopped all together. I still felt bloated and gassy.

Then an amazing thing happend to me. I found this website. I read and read and read. I found out that I was actually normal. I could take something for gas and feel better. My doctor never told me this. I have been feeling great.

I didn't drive until two weeks later as per all the warnings. I felt great having all that freedom again. It hurts to sweep and mop, so I don't do it. I get a few pains here and there around the incision area and it hurts to pee sometimes. But I am anxious to take on the world again. I am ready to go back to work and go back to my normal routine.

I am so grateful that I found this website and I will recommend it to anyone I can from now on.

Ladies, good luck and keep going (even if it's slower than usual). If you have any questions for me, please don't hesitate.

I have a few tips for going home from the castle: Freeze some soups ahead of time so you can have these ready to go, Be sure to wear very loose clothing when you go to the castle so that they will fit when you get out, be sure to ask your doctor about gas prevention, if you are graced with friends who ask if they can do anything for you then ask them to come sweep and mop.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2007, 11:37 AM

Good afternoon everyone, I went to the doctor yesterday. She said that yeast was trying to build up on the outside of my stitches. She gave me another round of antibiotics and told me to keep it clean with peroxide and to keep gauze on the area to help keep it dry. I was so releaved that it wasn't anything serious where I would have to go back to the hospital. Thanks for telling me to consult my doctor and all your support.
Unread 11-27-2007, 12:28 PM

Another day of feeling awful and nauseous. I've lost another pound and I know I look terrible at this point. My husband phrases it more kindly, but my mother, as mothers can be, is more blunt about it. I'm trying desperately not to lose anymore because I know I'll be in big trouble with my doctor at follow-up next week.

I've had absolutely no bleeding since surgery, which concerns me because everyone else seems to report that has been happening around 2-3 weeks. I don't want to have bleeding but at the same time not bleeding makes me think somethings wrong. All those years of wishing the horrible bleeding would stop and now wondering why it hasn't started. Ironic!
Unread 11-27-2007, 12:38 PM

A wee note for feelinggood2. My TAH was Nov. 8 and I remember waking up in so much pain in the recovery room....the nurse said they were hooking up the pain pump for me...and I've wondered ever since...why isn't this done before you wake up? It's a terrible pain that I can't even describe! Next thing I remember is the nurse asking me to walk to my bed from outside the room...well I did it but I don't remember. I too stayed in hospital for 2 nights and they encouraged me to shower the next afternoon after the foley and pain pump was removed. Anyway, nice to hear about your experience and I too love this site and can't thank everyone enough for posting on it...Jo in Ontario, Canada
Unread 11-27-2007, 03:44 PM

Well, I'm three weeks out and feeling O.K. I overdid things on Thanksgiving even though I did far less than I ususally do. Of course Fri. I was in pain and exhausted. I actually took another Percoset in the car for the ride home. Unfortunately, mixing a long car drive and Percoset was a bad combo. for me. I was SO grateful when we got home and the nausea subsided.
Like a lot of you here I am having harder days about every other day. I don't have an abdominal incision, but I am still experiencing a heavy soreness in my lower abdomen, especially on my left side. This doesn't make sense to me because I was able to keep my ovaries so the pain should be pretty equal, right?
I seem to have hit a kind of wall. I had been feeling so good after surgery, and getting better every day. Now I feel like I am about the same each day (or every other day). I have had to return to my mom duties, which means driving each day. It doesn't seem to hurt so much as just make my abdomen feel tighter. I am also more tired.
I think my DH thought that I would be back to laundry and cooking dinner this week. To his credit he didn't say a word when I told him we were going to eat out, and he did a load of laundry. However, his body language was saying that he was less than pleased. Oh well, he's a good man. I am going to have a conversation with him tonight and explain that being a mom is about all I can manage right now without hindering my healing. At the end of the day I am hurting and tired. I don't even care if I eat. So cooking dinner just isn't on my program for right now.
I pray ALL of you continue to heal and feel better!!!!
Unread 11-27-2007, 10:39 PM

I called my dr today and she said that the gas problems can be normal for awhile, but I can take Gas X or Milicon to help release or relieve it. I unfortunately haven't been able to buy any yet, but hopefully I can get my mother or someone to pick some up for me since I can't drive yet.

I definitely have the embarrassing gas...sometimes less than 30 minutes and very powerful I must say...but it has been very painful for me as well when it reaches a certain point in my abdomen also. Hoping this will start getting better soon; just hanging in there and trying to take it easy.

KrisMus80
Unread 11-28-2007, 06:14 AM
Is Anyone Else Having this Experience??????

3 weeks ago I had my SAH and have been feeling pretty good for the most part; however, last night I started spotting a little and even passed a tiny blood clot. Has anyone else experienced this? Just wondering if this is part of the healing process or if I should call my doctor. Help! Thanks.

Tera
Unread 11-28-2007, 06:23 AM

morning
I cant answer that for you have had no bleeding.Ask about bowels and nausea that i have a little experience with.Had a fairly good day yesterday.Got moving bit more which helped with the gas.Kind of weird getting use to the hot flash.Instant menopause.Walked by the napkin sectionyesterday and said ya no more wasted money lol.Extra piece of clothing almost every month.I,m coming up to 4 weeks and yesterday was the best day so far.Only complaint is still trouble sleeping

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register