Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 - Page 35 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Unread 11-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Anewlisad,
I did nothing at Thanksgiving - we ate out for the first time. But, the beginning of this week I started feeling really good. I went shopping a bit on Wed, Thurs and today. I think I am feeling like you did at Thanksgiving. I feel good and am doing thing - but I think I am overdoing.

I can't get comfortable sleeping anymore and my left side hurts :-(
Not able to sleep very well either - can't get comfortable. Hopefully, it is part of the healing process....hate the insomnia!!

Thanks for the info on the ultrasound and the advice from your dr. I think I also need to try to slow down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2007, 10:28 PM

Yes... unfortunately I heard a big " I told you so" from my husband. He doesn't want me to do anything at all. Thank goodness my stitches were still intact. However... the bleeding does concern me. I thought I should be past this point, as well as my Dr.
So......I guess I will be laying around for a bit longer.
God help me!!
Unread 12-01-2007, 06:42 AM

Has anyone had a lack of appetite? My TAH was Nov. 8, I had what seemed like a bout of flu (vomiting and diarrhea) just over 1 week post op and ever since I have no desire for food. I eat because I know I need to. I still have pains in my abdomen, especially after sitting for too long or standing for too long. I don't have any discharge now and if I've walked a bit too much it feels like my insides are going to fall out.
It is so good to hear all your experiences...this really helps. I hope someone else out there has no desire to eat! Jo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2007, 07:29 AM

well ladies
i am four weeks post op and over doing it is my middle name.Yesterday i literally crashed and burned.My son went home on tuesday and since then ive been pushing myself in every area.I am trying to work even though im not suppose to>I make hand poured chocolates and its my busy season.Whats a girl to do need to eat lol
Unread 12-01-2007, 08:04 AM

Hi Ladies.. this is my first posting and in reading all the other threads, i find that i am not alone and happy to see there is somewhere to go to talk. I had my LAVH on the 12th of November. They took uterus, tubes that had scar tissue on them and my ovaries. Woke up with usual pain but unable to take any pain medication for fear of vomiting. After finally getting some sleep that night i woke up at 1AM to pain in my side and shoulder that would go into spasms the minute i tried to move. I got up and started walking the halls of the recovery room in hopes that this would help. Needless to say it only got worse and the nurse explained it was gas caught in my body. They gave me solid food which was a mistake and i was vomiting within two minutes of trying to eat. I wish the hospitals would understand that when someone has a weak stomach, let them rest and slowly encourage them to eat with crackers and water. I was allowed to go home the next morning and couldn't wait. My spasms proceeded to get worse as the day wore on and i was unable to lay down to get some rest. I actually walked all day in the cold for 12 hours.. including pacing my home. Finally i got bags of ice out and iced down my side first so i could lay back and slammed a bag of ice on my shoulder to stop the spasms there. I slept on my couch for three nights so i could keep the ice handy. It did finally go away after fou r days.. But they were the worst four days of my life. Or as least i thought. I seem to have over done it on thanksgiving since i had made plans for my family to be here. I should have canceled the dinner but feeling responsible for this.. i couldn't.. I am now fighting severe back pain with spasms that are ripping through my lower back as we speak. I have had them for a solid week now and taking muscles relaxers and darvocet to help with the pain. I have gone to my chiropractor and he gave me some instructions on how to help with the healing. But i am very concerned since i have had two back surgeries in the past and hope that nothing new has happened. Anyways... hopefully things will get better soon. I have my first doctors appointment next week and will discuss this with him.. I am so thankful i have found this site and that by reading all the other threads that i have a place to talk to and know someone else has faced the same thing. No more crying by myself. Thank you so much for letting me vent.
Unread 12-01-2007, 08:55 AM
Finally sleep!

I finally had to tell my doctor at my post op that I was not sleeping at all at night. So he gave me some sleep aid. Well the sleep has come. I think I am feeling better with a little bit more sleep. I have a real bad cold right now and the coughing is killing me.
Still no lifting and no SEX! Also no work until 6 weeks.
I have had not bleeding at all, so to those of you that have I hope that you get to feeling better soon.
Unread 12-01-2007, 09:31 AM

HI. I had my surgery on November 12 - TVH, anterior and posterior colporrhaphy, cycstocele, rectocele and enterocele repair, bladder sling, perineoplasty and sacrospinous colpopexy. -- the super deluxe hysterectomy. Came home 3 day post op -- not too many problems. Went back to work on day 7 (i am an IT consultant so I am working from home in my easy chair.)

Question -- yesterday something dropped outside my vagina down to my uretha. It is a bulge with stictches. Could this be a recurrence of my cyctocele or rectocele ? Anyone else have this ?
Unread 12-01-2007, 09:46 AM

I have not had this happen but do you think it might be the top of your vagina...as some doctors stitch the top of it...could it be a vaginal prolapse?
I would call my doctor about it. Sounds like you had a lot done! Good for you for being able to start work again so soon...don't forget to rest!
Unread 12-01-2007, 06:26 PM

Hey ladies. I am feeling more things now then I did before. twinges in vagina, crampy feelings out towards hips, just pinches and jabs. Could be just nerves waking up and not ready to call doc but strange how these things start now at almost 4 weeks out
Unread 12-02-2007, 01:12 PM

Well I went to the walk in clinic and they sent me to the hospital yesterday for a Cat Scan. I ended up have Diverticulitis infection. They sent me home with 2 prescriptions for antibiotics. They send I should start to feel better in another day or so. I'm glad it wasn't related to the surgery, that's what they were afraid of to I think.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register