Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 - Page 37 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Unread 12-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Thank goodness someone else feeling like I do! Hugs..Happy Birthday for Wednesday! I"m 51 and had my TAH on Nov.8. I've been feeling kind of like my head is swimming a bit...just the slightest feeling..almost dizzy but I can walk around okay. This feeling just started this weekend. I've been helping out with our Santa Claus parade and trying to rest as well...thought perhaps I did a bit too much as I'm really sore today. I'm also still crying at the drop of a hat...I kept my ovaries...what's up with that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2007, 04:43 PM

Karen......that seems to be the only real problem I am having at the moment the disorientation......and tiredness. I am not taking in drugs so it can't be related to that. I blame everything like that on menopause so maybe it is now true.

Hugs and kisses, Lori.......TAH Nov. 5th, 47......took it all too.....
Unread 12-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Diverticulitis

Thank You for the concern and advice. I'm feeling better but it's still a little sore. It made me forget about any pains from my hysterectomy. Now my doctor wants me to go see a surgeon for this. I really don't want to but I will at least go for consultation. I'd like to recover from this and be normal for awhile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2007, 10:50 AM

Hi Lucky531, would you let me know if you do go what they say?? I wonder why you would go to a surgeon? Most of my family has diverticulitis and not one of them has ever seen a surgeon....curious. Mine thankfully was caught before I had any problems, so I will watch what I eat..the worst that our family had was grama bled rectally, but they didn't do anything but give her antibiotics and IV's. My mom did say that it is very painful when you have an attack....Good luck to you.
Unread 12-05-2007, 07:17 PM

I had my post-op doctor's appointment last Thursday and she gave me the all-clear. She also said I don't have to see her again for another 2-3 years! That was a surprise. No more annual exams!
Unread 12-06-2007, 12:14 AM

I'm finally four weeks out from my TVH and feeling O.k. I had such an easy recovery at the beginning that I thought I would be feeling completely better by now. My biggest complaints are that I still feel aches and pains, I get tired unexpectly, and my sleeping pattern is completely messed up. On the bright side my discharge has finally stopped and I don't need to use Alleve very often anymore. I even felt up to an evening out on the town with DH and friends. We saw Kooza in S.F. and then had a fantastic dinner. I have to admit I did take two Percoset when we got to the show because sitting in the same position for hours is still painful, and I knew I wouldn't be able to change positions. I only had mild discomfort during the show and really had a good time.
My follow-up with the Dr. is tomorrow and I'm hoping to hear that everything is on track and healing well. I wish the same for all of you and will check back in soon!
Unread 12-06-2007, 05:44 AM

I'm also 4 weeks from a TAH. My main complaint is that I still don't have an appetite and find it difficult to eat. I'm able to walk more and do more housework but I have to rest often. I know when I've done too much when my abdomen is sore in the evening. No discharge other that some scant greenish. I won't see my Doctor until 6 weeks....but I think things are going well. Hope everyone else is coming along well.
Unread 12-06-2007, 05:54 AM

hi to all
entering week six of recovery.Im still having a difficult time with nasuea and food.However this could be unrelated to hystertomy.For me some of it has t do with surgery i had 10 weeks before this.Ilm still quite tired and i dont have a sleep pattern.Plenty of hot flashes but its so much better than 7 days of hell.See surgoen on dec 13 praying he clears me for the gym.I cant stand the do nothingness.
Unread 12-06-2007, 11:40 AM

Headaches just about every day. Still have nausea and don't really want to eat. No discharge or bleeding yet. Had my 4-week check yesterday and now do not have to go back for a year. Everything seems to be healing correctly.

So why do I feel so depressed? I simply have no interest in anything. I'm not even excited about Christmas. My husband put the tree up 5 days ago, but I haven't gotten one ornament out of the box. I sit around in my robe and pjs until it's time to get the kids.

I keep hearing stories about how much better so-and-so felt after their hysterectomy, as if poof now all your problems have disappeared. I don't feel like a new woman. I still have the same horrible pain on the left side that I did before the hysterectomy. It makes me worry that I'm never going to be pain free.
Unread 12-06-2007, 01:38 PM

I've found that I feel a little better every single day. I've been back to work for four days now but I'm tired a lot of the time.

I can get up and sit down (also get in and out of bed) as if I've had no surgery at all (like my muscles are finally healing). The strange thing is that the skin on my abdomen is EXTREMELY senstive....I was making dinner last night and just brushing against the counter top made me gasp in pain...I was shocked because I don't remember it hurting like that last week.

I've promised my dog that next week I'd begin her daily walks after work...we BOTH miss that!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register