Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 - Page 38 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Unread 12-11-2007, 02:01 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

it is 4 weeks since the op and i am so fed up with being NOT...
tired of being tired and sore and feel that i should be much further along than i am. see doc on wednesday - the scar is great but can feel the achey bits inside.
so glad i do not have to work till mid january - school holidays allow me time to get back on my feet.
also feel tired mentally - do not enjoy the marshmallow of a brain i have at the moment.
really wanted to be able to do - but each step seems so small.
enough of the rant!!!
sorry to subject you all to this - but I feel better...hahahaha

the 3 - 4 week check list was so helpful - waiting for the 5- 6 week one!
speak soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2007, 05:31 AM

I'm heading to my 5th week post op and am amazed at how different I feel compared to my expectations. I'm still pretty sore in the abdomen and my incision is very sensitive ....and depending on how much I do during the day, my belly is so sore at night. Wondered if anybody else has had a green discharge...just a small amount but enough to have to wear a panti liner...no awful odour just the dark green. I still don't have much of an appetite so eating properly is a real trial as is making meals. Will this ever return?
Love to hear from you as it's been a while since anyone has posted.
Jo
Unread 12-11-2007, 05:34 AM

Still feeling great most days though notice a little sore today but admit that I was out way to long yesterday. Got to mall with 18 yo daughter my sister and my mother at 10 at 3pm finally said ahhhhhh gotta go now.
then drove the hour home.
Not planning on that again any time soon. I still have to xmas shop but will do it alone so I don't spend time wandering around for others peoples stuff gt mine and get out.
Had a great time laughing with everyone and had a nice lunch but was just a litle much.
I am going back to work next week but am leaving when ready already told boss that. will try to do 7-12 but will leave at break at 930 if needed.

In the past week I have to laugh at me I bought a nintendo ds for me then went and bought a wii cause they had them at walmart. No gifts for kids but for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2007, 05:45 AM

Hey jjCj98: I bought myself a Wii this past summer and just love it! Funny as well I've also wanted a nintendo DS......good for you for treating yourself!We all should do that once in a while! I think your idea of going alone for your shopping is a good one...you don't need all that extra "here and there"...although I bet the laughter and the good time you had was so good for you. Nice to hear that things are going well....sounds like the flexibility you have at your workplace is just what the doctor ordered. Jo
Unread 12-11-2007, 05:55 AM

Yesterday was my first day of not really having pain in my abdomen! Yeah. Am in week five and FINALLY no pain! Although I felt some pulling after I fell. Yep, I knew I would eventually and boy did it catch me by surprise! Ugh! I too still have a weird greenish discharge, just a little. I go see the doctor on the 21st and will definatly ask about that one! I spent about 6 hours out of the house yesterday, lunch and a little shopping, but then came home and was done! I also have the marshmallow brains I have read about and have NO attention span. I need my mind for work and am wondering when it will come back. I work with patients for 50 mintues at a time and cant imagine doing that right now! I cant even watch a whole half hour of television without the mind wandering! The experience really hasnt been that bad and I am enjoying the way my clothes fit since the fibroids are gone. My stomach is much softer though and I guess it will soon be time for situps! Ha.

Take care everyone. Hope everyone feels a little better than yesterday!
Unread 12-11-2007, 07:46 AM
Painful 5 week check-up

I went for my 5 week check-up yesterday and it hurt so much my toes were curled and not in a good way! My doctor told me he was putting lots of lubrication on the speculum but it still made me gasp and it was painful the entire time it was in and felt like I was being pinched on both sides. He said I still I still have some stitches and said to wait 2-3 more weeks before having sex and to start using Premarin twice a week for the rest of my life! That made me stop and think - just add another medication forever!

He said everything seems great and I don't need to see him until my six months check-up.

I was a little surprised with the pain I felt and looked it up this morning on this website to see if I was just being a baby and found that a lot of women had a similar experience. It sounds like a lot of doctors have better explanations for the painful exam than my doctor and after reading those I feel better knowing I wasn't in a minority.

This website has been so helpful throughout the entire ordeal. Doctors can't know how we feel. To be able to type in a few words in a search and magically find someone descrilbing exactly what you are feeling is great and then you can find out how the problem is resolved or the reasons for it is so cool. Many have their doctor's explanation so this is like having your personal panel of doctors. I'm sure this website saves the doctor's offices a lot of phone calls.
Unread 12-11-2007, 05:38 PM
1/2 day work

Well It has been 5 weeks and I fell ok. My friend called me this morning and ask if I could sub for the library teacher half day. So I went in very slow in the afternoon. Did alot of computer work and sat most of the time. Well I am so tired !
I feel like I have worked all day. I am going to sub friday for my friend who is the secretary. I hope I can make it.
I thought my energy level would be back to normal by now. But I guess not.

Is any of the post op ladies experiencing a lot of pressure in the vaginal area? I feel like everything is going to fall out. And there is nothing there to fall out.
Unread 12-11-2007, 05:52 PM

I have that feeling of pressure in the vaginal area too! Especially when I've been on my feet more than I should. Feels like it's going to fall out..or something is going to fall out.
Unread 12-11-2007, 05:55 PM

I wonder if it will ever go away. If I sit to long or walk to much its a lot of pressure. jmary56, Have you went back to work?
Unread 12-11-2007, 06:12 PM

I have that pressure feeling too when I stand too long. Does anyone else have a slight pink discharge when this happens?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register