Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 - Page 39 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Unread 12-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

No I don't have any discharge. I have some pressure when I urinate. But I think that is due to them cutting my bladder to get all of the stuff off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2007, 06:43 AM

I don't have any discharge but I do have pain occasionally in the vaginal area more like twinges - not really pain. If I sit in a hard chair or the car for a very long period or am walking or standing for a while I have rectal pain (not very far inside) and I didn't have anything done there. Does anyone have that? My doctor did a rectal exam yesterday and said everything seemed fine. Maybe it's just part of the healing process.
Unread 12-12-2007, 08:06 AM

How many of you have this? I feel JUST LIKE I did before surgery?????? I am soooo exausted, belly aches all the time, no brain, did I say I was exhausted?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2007, 08:25 AM

no discharge at all - but really achey belly if i do anything more than a short walk.
4 week check up and all doing fine. still aneamic and so get really tired. waking up so early in the morning - 4:30 or so and then can't sleep! really silly but then wide awake
slepping each afternoon - any trips need to happen in the mornings.
doc is not concerned - says very normal as op bigger than expected and the aneamia does not help.
otherwise - feeling much more positive than yesterday. amazing how i get down so quickly - and then back up again! hate the swings.
love to all of you and keep resting...
Unread 12-12-2007, 10:20 AM

No discharge and no bleeding as yet. I certainly expected this to happen by now. No evidence of the internal stitches dissolving either. I hope they are!

I'm still very tired. I barely leave the house. One hour out and I feel like I'm going to pass out. I think I'm going to get my blood tested at my primary's office. I think perhaps the hemoglobin fingerstick they did 1-week postop was inaccurate and I might still be anemic. I don't think I should feel this weak and lightheaded at this point.

The belly is definitely sore and swelly again this week. Of course, I've also been walking more and driving more. I've been having to take my MIL to various medical appointments this week because she had heart surgery a couple of weeks ago. The infirmed leading the infirmed -- really great! I think she's actually doing better than I am!
Unread 12-12-2007, 02:25 PM

This is my 5th week post op --- if I too am up on my feet too long, my stomach swells so much. The pressure becomes unreal, and all I can do is sit with my feet up or lay down. The "blues" hit me this week as well. All I want to do is cry. It is just so upsetting. I really wanted to be much further along in my recovery right now. I am also discharging, still wearing pads. I can not sleep at all- day or night. I did call my Dr's office yesterday, (my post op isn't until next Tues). She decided to call me in an extra estrogen tablet , and a temp sleeping aid, until the meds all kick in.
I suppose to take my daughter, and her best friend to a concert on Friday. No way do I think I can stand for 3 hrs straight. As bad as I hate too, I think my husband is going to have go go solo on this one. I told my nurse about the swelling, etc. She said that it is a part of the healing process. She said that I can do light housework, and slowly go back into my regular routine. How is that? Do I ignore the swelly belly and pressure and do things anyways, and pray that it goes away?
help!! anyone else going through this???
Unread 12-12-2007, 06:43 PM
5 weeks post op

I'm doing okay. Most of the time I have enough energy to get through my morning, but by mid-afternoon I have to lie down and rest for a while. It really depends on how much activity I've expended. Sometimes even in the morning I just feel that I can't get out of bed until after 10:00. I also have trouble sleeping sometimes, but that is improving. Hope everyone is feeling better soon. - Hugs, Karen
Unread 12-13-2007, 07:22 AM

Greetings everyone -

I'm at week 5 and feeling very well. I'm up early and have pretty full days. I'm back on the treadmil (30 minutes/day at 4% incline). By the end of the day I do have abdominal discomfort (usually take Motrin). I'm back into my regular jeans, but by mid-day I'm in my sweats. (swelly belly)

I pray everyone continues to heal well.
Unread 12-13-2007, 07:45 AM

I think I am doing too much... all the stuff I used to do pretty much. I feel ok doing them but I am just sooooo tired. I am having a hard time not overdoing it though with Christmas coming and 5 kids.... Doing all the mom stuff is hard to put on hold for very long. Besides My kids have all been having their own problems... ovarian blood clot for one, scarlet fever for another, etc. How do we NOT do too much? My body is telling me now with my energy level and exhuation but I have felt this way for sooooo long that it just seems normal. I feel pretty mych like I did PREOP just w/o the bleeding ~sigh~
Unread 12-13-2007, 09:15 AM

I had a my 5 week post op yesterday...I lost 6 more pounds....He said I can go back to normal activities as my body lets me....he said I when I can walk 3 miles in 45 minutes, I will know I am good for anything...lol....I didn't do that before...lol....I have a job and kids, who has 45 minutes to just go for a walk??? I told him I walked the mall for 4 hours, so that should cover it.......my stitches arent' falling out like they are supposed to so I have to do a vinegar/water douche, he pulled on them...OUCH. I had ovaries and tubes removed so I have to take 1500 mg of Calcium......I am not sleeping through the nights so
he gave me samples of different hormones, but I really have only had a few hot flashes, so I am not sure I want to start them until I need them. The not sleeping isn't bad, I wake up around 3 every morning, but I do eventually fall back to sleep. DH is happy things can go back to normal...he has been so supportive through all this, thankfully I have a great DH and kids, they wouldn't let me do stuff so that I would heal. All in all, I feel great...I hope you all have a speedy recover as well...

TVH, BSO, Bladder Swing, Diverticulitis scraping

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register