Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 - Page 44 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Unread 12-27-2007, 05:16 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

I had my surgery on November 9th and am still getting a little better every day. I'm still swelled up (I can't get over how swollen I still am) but I feel good. Every once in a great while...mostly when I wake in the mornings and try to stretch, I get a little pain in my abdomen...and it's still a bit sensitive to the touch...but other than that, I'm doing fine.

No problem with the DH either...my libido is just fine and he says he can't tell any difference at all.

The only thing I've noticed that kind of bothers me a little is that I'm getting minor hot flashes when I go to bed at night. I kept both ovaries so I'm wondering why this just started a few days ago.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2007, 05:31 AM

Tdjeva....Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year...can I ask you if you are at all sore in the abdomen? I want to have some "lovin" as well but I am sore especially when I walk around..one spot is very tender still so I can't see that happening for a bit.
thanks,
Jo
Unread 12-27-2007, 03:06 PM

my abdomin is a little achy but not bad. I am 7 weeks 1 day post op. "lovin" is "different" it just doesn't feel the same. Hard to explain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2007, 08:08 PM
no different

I had a little discomfort after the sex but all was great. I am sometimes sore. I went to the doctor for my 7 weeks post op and things looked pretty good. He said I still a little healing to go but all was well. I don't have to go back until June for a 6 month check up. I have felt like my self the past week and half. So I believe things are looking up.
Unread 12-28-2007, 10:44 AM
feeling good

Well I'm feeling pretty good. I actually forgot about the surgery for awhile. I went snowmobiling for the first time this year with my husband and kids yesterday. We had a great time. Didn't feel any pains. I'm sore today, but that's just sore muscles and in my arms and upper body. I hope you all are feeling better soon.
Unread 12-28-2007, 12:05 PM

Almost 8 weeks and still feeling poorly. I am nowhere near where I was presurgery. I have absolutely no energy. I'm tired all the time. I still feel lightheaded and dizzy. I wish I could sleep all day but with 2 kids at home, that doesn't happen. I have heart palpitations. I can't regulate my temperature. I'm a mess.

I finally went to see my other doctor, and blood tests are pending. I hope that we can find the cause of my inability to get better and feel normal again. I hope I don't regret the decision to have a hysterectomy. Even with all the pain and bleeding, I felt a whole lot better than I do now. At this point, I would settle for where I was presurgery, because feeling like the old woman was better than feeling like this new woman.
Unread 12-28-2007, 12:27 PM

CAmich,

Sorry to hear you are still feeling poorly. Hopefully your tests come back soon and they can get it figured out. My dr told me it will take a few months to get all the hormones and junk straightened out. Are you depressed? (I hate to ask) I was having a hard time and they put me on prozac for a bit until the hormones get into wack and it seems to help.
Unread 12-28-2007, 02:51 PM

CAmich, I hope you start to feel better soon! Hopefully your doctor will be able to determine an imbalance with your blood tests and I hope they will be able to help you. I still am having some bad days...my abdomen is still pretty sore even though I have been given the go ahead to do things now. I'm really sore walking around and the only relief I get is when I lay down.
I"ll send some prayers and positive energy your way and wish you a Happy New Year!
Jo
Unread 12-30-2007, 12:29 AM

Thanks for your kind responses. Hopefully, the blood tests will provide some answers. My other doctor believes the OB/GYN doctor (not my doctor but his partner) should not have told me to discontinue the iron at 1-week postop because it would not have been long enough. I guess we will see.
Unread 01-03-2008, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAmich
Almost 8 weeks and still feeling poorly. I am nowhere near where I was presurgery. I have absolutely no energy. I'm tired all the time. I still feel lightheaded and dizzy. I wish I could sleep all day but with 2 kids at home, that doesn't happen. I have heart palpitations. I can't regulate my temperature. I'm a mess.

I finally went to see my other doctor, and blood tests are pending. I hope that we can find the cause of my inability to get better and feel normal again. I hope I don't regret the decision to have a hysterectomy. Even with all the pain and bleeding, I felt a whole lot better than I do now. At this point, I would settle for where I was presurgery, because feeling like the old woman was better than feeling like this new woman.
Dear Mich,
Just a thought- with your symptoms, are they checking your thyroid? I would ask Good Luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register