Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 - Page 49 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Unread 02-18-2008, 09:33 PM
scar thread

I did some surfing around about scars and there's a good thread here: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...=114338&page=2

There's a lot of discussion about massaging the scar. Mine goes on and on...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2008, 02:15 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarrG
I did some surfing around about scars and there's a good thread here: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...=114338&page=2

There's a lot of discussion about massaging the scar. Mine goes on and on...
((((((MarrG!!!))))))

Thanks so much for taking the time to find the link.

Mine doesn't feel bad, is pretty flat, but it just looks so red.

This Mederma doesn't seem to be doing much...yet.

How are things with you?

Again...THANKS!!

Hope this find you well.

Unread 02-21-2008, 06:08 PM

Well, I finally decided enough was enough. I've decided no more feeling sorry for myself. Yes, I'm still disappointed I never felt like a new woman. Yes, I'm still upset because I'm in more and more pain each week. But...I'm not going to dwell on it anymore. Time to get on with life. I'm taking steps to reclaim my life. Last weekend, instead of sticking to home, I went to an amusement park with my family. I had to take a pain pill to get through it, but at least I did it. No more waiting until I feel better. This week I started back to work. No more putting it off until I feel better. Not going to happen at this point. Might as well make some money again. Most of all, I've FINALLY decided it's time to see my doctor. No more fear of embarrassment if there's nothing wrong. No more worrying about whether or not this is going to require another surgery. I'm just going to do it. I've got an appointment next week. If I can't be a new woman, then I'm at least going to try to be like the old woman. One day at a time...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2008, 08:07 PM

CAmich...it's so good to hear you so positive and taking steps to be the best you can be. YOu know your body and how you should feel. I'm disappointed as well ...I thought I'd be feeling great by now and on my way to such a better time without my monthly burden. But now the doctor thinks I could have a tube in my vaginal cuff...and if so it will have to be removed. He biopsied it and it hurt like crazy. He wants a second opinion and has scheduled another transvaginal ultrasound. Also, my bladder and rectum are bulging into my vagina...mildly but enough to cause me to have to pee all the time.
I've had pain with intercourse and this peeing all the time is what sent me back to the surgeon. He says he will help me get to feeling better. He may take me back to the OR as I have a lot of granulation tissue that should be removed under anesthetic...and if there is tube tissue there it will need to come out...so ...I knew something wasn't quite right...so I hope your appointment goes well and you get the help you need. Hugs to you,
Jo
Unread 02-29-2008, 01:23 PM

I kept my appointment this week, didn't chicken out! The adventure continues. I am scheduled for an ultrasound and another appointment with my doctor next week. He has an idea of what could be causing the pain given my long and colorful gynecologic history , but we haven't discussed anything in detail as yet. I guess it all depends on what shows up on the ultrasound. At least I can stop fearing he isn't going to take me seriously or believe I'm in pain. Given that he hasn't been wrong so far in his preliminary diagnoses, I think he probably is right on again with this one.
Unread 02-29-2008, 06:26 PM

I'm still waiting to f ind out the results of the cuff biopsy....I went for a pelvic ultrasound 2 days ago and will see another gynecologist on Mar 10..so the waiting is difficult as is the discomfort I'm feeling.
CAmich...what kind of pain do you have and has he said what he thinks the problem is? I'm so tired lately and have no energy...I know part of that is because I can't exercise as much as I'd like to.....it hurts. I know how you feel....about expecting to be better than before...we will be ...eventually.
Hang in there, Jo
Unread 02-29-2008, 06:49 PM

jmary56: I hope that the waiting isn't too hard on you. I'm sure you are anxious to find out the results. The pain I've had has been a constant leftsided pelvic pain. It's been ongoing for over 2 months and has only gotten worse with time, not better. Some days are better than others. Some days I can take the edge off with Motrin, and some days it takes a pain pill left from surgery, and some days I just work through it. It's always there though, which is very disappointing. I've started to get the nausea and occasional vomiting back again too. I know what you mean about feeling tired. I think fighting the pain just takes all the energy right out of us. My doctor seems to think it might be adhesions given a laundry list of about 7 different things in my past medical history that could lead to those. He isn't ruling out a cyst at this point either, thus the ultrasound. I'm not sure what the plan is after that. I'm not ready for another surgery so soon -- this every 6 months plan is killing me! Three surgeries in less than a year, egads! I'll cross my fingers that you get some good news on your biopsy and will hear something soon.
Unread 03-03-2008, 10:52 AM

how long do the results usually take?

I also expected to feel better after my hyster but actually think I feel worse in many respects! I KNOW I am more tired than I was pre op (I didn't think that was possible!) I am still bleeding when I would have had my period. Up until last month is was just a little spotting for a day. THEN last month I had 5 days of light bleeding. Had to change my panty liner several times a day (but at least it was just a pantyliner!) and had tiny clots too. ~sigh~ The bleeding IS better than before I just want to feel himan again! I couldn't wait to be cleared for sex. It was like we were newleyweds again for a couple weeks (other than not feeling right... I think I just wanted to feel like I was still a woman to my hubby) NOW... I don't have the energy... and he's not asking for it anyway. Don't know which is worse... him not seeming interested or me not feeling up to it! I keep telling myself that he sees how tired I am so doesn't push the issue. Enough complaining! I am alive! I was starting to wonder about if that wou7ld be the case. I'm here and all you hyster sisters are too!
Unread 03-03-2008, 06:12 PM

Amy, you're not alone. I certainly don't feel better than before the surgery. I have no energy at all and even though I don't have the monthly horror I used to suffer with (which I don't miss at all), I can hardly get myself going...even on weekends. I don't have any bleeding at all but then they took all my cervix. My tummy is still sore and I feel like there is something in my vagina all the time. I feel like I'm losing the battle to get better....it's 8pm here and I feel like I should be in bed. Something has to change here soon....this was the surgery that would make it all better for me. When will I feel that way.
Unread 03-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Unhappy - Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Quote:
this was the surgery that would make it all better for me. When will I feel that way.
That's exactly how I feel. What's worse is that my MIL who had open heart surgery 3 weeks after my hysterectomy is doing better! Now there is a new woman!! Runs around like the Energizer bunny now , and I look like something the cat hacked up. I can tell from the comments and questions asked that I must be looking bad again.

Quote:
I certainly don't feel better than before the surgery. I have no energy at all and even though I don't have the monthly horror I used to suffer with (which I don't miss at all),
I'm glad that you said that because it makes me feel like I'm not the only one who doesn't feel better than before surgery. I don't regret the hysterectomy, but I also feel a sense of disappointment. This was supposed to be the end of the pain!

I had my ultrasound yesterday, and I just know that it's all going to come back normal. I know it sounds silly to hope that something is found, but at least I would feel like I'm entitled to feel the way I do, which is in pain. I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I see the doctor.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register