Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 - Page 50 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Unread 03-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Well, it turns out that I have 4 ovarian cysts, 3 on the right and 1 on the left. I guess I was wrong, the ultrasound didn't come back normal. At least I know I'm not imagining pain. Coincidence, 4 months' post hysterectomy and 4 cysts - that's a cyst a month??? I'm on "watch and see" for the next 6 weeks and then another ultrasound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2008, 11:36 AM

CAmich,

Hugs! I hate to even say it...but at least there is a reason you are in so much pain. Now they know and can get it fixed for you. You will finally be agble to feel like that new woman you want to be.
Unread 03-06-2008, 02:32 PM

Thanks for the hug, Frozen Tundra. I know what you mean, it's kind of a good/bad situation. It's bad that something turned up, but at the same time, it's good that there is at least a reason they can see for the pain. Somehow, it makes the pain more legitimate and I don't feel like I'm a hypochondriac. The bad news is for the next 6 weeks I get to take birth control pills (which freaks me out a little at my age) and hope they either shrink, go away, or stop multiplying. Yes, at least I'm on my way to feeling better in the next few months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2008, 02:46 PM

CAmich,
I wouldn't worry about taking the pill for a little bit. It can shrink them. I just wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all better for you.

I am finally starting to feel human again. Iron count is up to a 10 and has stayed there for two weeks! Next week I get to stop taking the iron pills. Yeah! No more steel pipe taste soon. I did overdo it again this week the other night moving some furniture around and talk about swelly belly coming back. UGH, hopefully it will be almost gone again by saturday.

I am having a 'Red High Heel Night' party on saturday and you are all invited! I have a special table decoration in the buffet room for all my hystersisters...huge red vase on a gray cloth with white xmas lights all around it with red and white tule over the lights. vase will be filled with red water and floating candles. behind that will be another vase filled with these iradescent (sp?) red and white sprigs/fan things. (I was told I couldn't decorate it with femine products!)

Hugs to you all!
Unread 03-06-2008, 03:08 PM

Frozen Tundra: I'm glad that you are improving and your iron levels are staying up. That's great news! Those iron pills are nasty tasting, so I'm glad you don't have too much longer with those. Just talking about them makes that rusty pipe taste appear in my mouth. Yuck! Your Red Heels Party sounds lovely. I hope you really enjoy yourself!
Unread 03-06-2008, 08:46 PM

Frozen Tundra -

Your red high heel party sounds like a blast! I'll be thinking of you on Saturday.

CAmich -
I know what you mean about the good news/bad news thing. I've been there before. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Unread 03-07-2008, 12:05 AM

Hey ladies my progress has been slow but steady I am still hurting alot is that normal.
Unread 03-07-2008, 04:34 AM

I'm not sure if it's normal or not but I still hurt too. My tummy is sore and one particular spot on the left of my inscision is very tender to the touch. I'm also sore inside...I know I still have granulation tissue at my vaginal cuff so perhaps that is why. I go to see another gynecologist on Monday....hope to get some answers there.
I also have no energy....I'm ready for bed at 8pm! That could also be due to the fact that we've had several snow storms and are heading for another one here is Ontario...enough with the snow already! Hope you feel better soon Amy.
Unread 03-07-2008, 08:04 AM
Feeling Better

Well I've been feeling pretty good as far as my hysterectomy. I had been back to doing alot of things. Bowling in my league and snowmobiling. Well 2 weeks ago while snowmobiling I was riding, tipping over stuck my leg out(big no no)and it grabbed my leg and twisted my knee. No I'm in knee brace and with crutches. I go to Orthopedic Doctor Monday. They say I've damaged my ACL in my knee.
Still swollen and hard to bend. I just want to be done with surgeries now another probably.
Unread 03-07-2008, 01:50 PM

Lucky I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. I know it just doesn't seem fair especially after major surgery. Sending you big hugs and hope you're not in too much pain. Here's to more healing.
Jo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register