Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 - Page 54 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Unread 03-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

[quote=CAmich]Just wanted to clear things up...

My tirade was not directed at anyone here.

we know that We all ned to vent and not wory about being taken wrong. That's part of the greatness of hystersisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2008, 01:23 PM

LavendeRose, thanks for saying that. I do feel so much better after I've vented here. Hope you have a nice day!
Unread 04-14-2008, 05:37 PM

Catch up time! How's everyone doing now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2008, 07:23 PM

I am still the same. I have some friends that have had hysters (several years ago) and I have tried to talk to them about this complete exhaustion and they all have said "you shouldn't be feeling bad anymore" Then I start wondering what's wrong with me. As I type this something occurs to me though. ALL of my friends that have said that have been beyond the mommy stage for several years and were at the time of their hysters. SO That means that they didn't have the same strain on their bodies. I have a severely disabled son, 3 preteen pubesent daughters (and the hormones that go with the 4 of them) and an 8 yo to take care of. I also hav a husband that is gone 15-16 hours a day so am pretty much on my7 own. No wonder I need a nap every day (or in the case of today little cat naps that took me though most of the day). I am 36 years old and dealing with all the normal 36 year old stuff with family etc. PLUS am dealing with things the average 36 year old doesn't with just the support I get here. OK just typing this made me tired! I told my DH today that if I could be awake 8 hours a day and sleep 16 then I would be perfectly happy... and maybe rested too! well I'm off to try and act human 's to all my hystersisters
Unread 04-14-2008, 07:23 PM
Update

CAmich, good to hear from you. I've seen a urologist and he started me on Detrol LA for urinary frequency. I had to call him today as it's giving me a dizzy, lightheaded feeling and is not helping how often I have to urinate. He said to stay off it now and he will talk with me when he does the cystoscopy next week....that I'm not really looking forward to. I don't have much energy and have to wear a panti liner...don't know if it's from my vagina or if I'm leaking. So....still hoping to feel good...it will come...eventually! How are things you and with everyone else?
Unread 04-15-2008, 10:46 AM

LavendeRose: I'm sorry you are still exhausted. It does sound like you have a lot of good reasons to feel tired and not completely healed. I do agree that "mothering" does factor in with healing because even though you may want to "pamper the princess" it isn't always that simple when things NEED to get done and no one else wants to pitch in and do it. My MIL had heart surgery 3 weeks after my hysterectomy and she is SO much better than I am. Probably because she didn't have to deal with any cooking, cleaning, childcare - she had a home health nurse, a cleaning lady, a cook, and her RN sister also stayed with her for several weeks taking care of her. I had none of the above -- now she's got all the energy of a hyper chihuahua and I still wish I could lay down and take a nap. Please take care of yourself as best as you can and don't let the words of others make you feel like you aren't justified in feeling tired. You have a more to focus on than most, so I can understand how difficult this has been for you.

jmary: I'm sorry you are still having problems and the Detrol isn't working for you. It sounds like the urologist is working with you. Hopefully, it won't be too long before the doctor finds something that works for you and you WILL feel 100% better!

As for me, the six weeks is finally up and I have an ultrasound tomorrow to see what's up with the pesky ovarian cysts. I guess I'll just have to bite my nails for the next week wondering what the results will be, although I guess deep down I'm prepared for the worst.

Enjoy the week as best you can, everyone!
Unread 04-15-2008, 10:14 PM

Hi Everyone!

CAmich - I knew that your "venting" was about other folks. No worries. So were my comments about not comparing our surgeries. That's the great thing about this site. Everyone has a different story of surgery and healing but we're all validating each other's experiences.

LavendeRose - I'm sure that your mothering and all that you have to do has contributed to a slower recovery. My kids are out of the house. When I was recuperating it was just me at home all day long. That's GOT to make a difference.

I'm still having trouble with the aches and pains in the joints. Sometimes it keeps me from falling asleep. I'm having some pains here and there in my abdomen too but I think that's because I'm doing a lot now.

Does anyone know, when IS the swelly belly supposed to go away. I feel like I have an innertube around me!

Wishing you all a great week and all the best with doctor's appointments and such.

Spring is coming! The sunshine and warmer weather will help!

s to you all!
Unread 04-25-2008, 02:26 PM

Well, it looks like a return trip to the castle is in the near future. All but one cyst went away. Good news! But all of the worsening pain and symptoms point to adhesions and the possible return of endometriosis. The only way to know for sure is to do a laparoscopy. I just couldn't commit yesterday to another surgery. That will be #3 in a year, and I'm just dreading it. I've got two weeks to think it over and to see if maybe prescription strength pain medication can buy me some time so we don't have to do another surgery so soon. Maybe by then, when I've reached the 6 month mark after hysterectomy, I'll be able to accept another invitation to the castle. For now, I just want to scream, NO!!!!!

I hope everyone is feeling better! We've all had a tough road, but I'm glad we all have eachother to talk to.
Unread 04-25-2008, 02:31 PM

CAmich:

That SUCKS! HUGE HUGE HUGS to you. I wish I had something more supportive to say. Hang in there...you can do it...you have the strength and wisdom of a saint!
Unread 04-26-2008, 02:24 PM

CAmich ~ I'm so sorry you're having such a time! I can relate as although I have pains they aren't so bad...I feel they are from adhesions but nothing like you are dealing with. I saw the urologist for a cystoscopy this week...wouldn't ever want one of those again but it confirmed that my bladder is in good shape inside...I have an overactive bladder and stress incontinence. He's put me on another medication to help and says he can operate to fix the incontinence....I'm like you...it's too soon for any more surgery! So I have to wear pads for a while!
Big hugs to you and keep us posted.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register