Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

Unread 11-13-2007, 08:24 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 05-Nov 12,2007

I was surprised how soon I didn't need the pain meds anymore. I've been conservative and only just took a walk down the street today (a week after surgery). Am consuming prunes and applesauce with hopes of more activity soon! And I'll do more walking tomorrow, as suggested abovethread.

CAMich, we're all different and the way your body reacts is not your fault! That was one of my biggest pre-op frustrations: not having any idea how my recovery would go. Some things are just out of our control. All we can do is remember that and try not to feel discouraged. I hope all goes well with your dr visit tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2007, 10:21 PM
anyone having trouble sleeping?

I am 3days post op and am having trouble sleeping. I am feeling ok had a great day yesterday and have paid the price of overdoing. but I will be more careful from now on. Is anyone having truoble sleeping. I was left with one ovary and have been moody and was wondering if this is normal? Thanks,
Unread 11-14-2007, 12:33 AM

Hi Mindy. Glad you are feeling so well. Me too
I was expecting to be in pain, feel lousy etc. and I feel wonderful. Still have not needed any medication since surgery (DaVinci TVH/BSO) I haven't even had gas pains. Sometimes I wonder if the doctor really did any surgery I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that I take prednisone for an autoimmune disease. Does anyone have experience with that?

Hope all the Nov 5-12 sisters are healing well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2007, 05:45 AM

My recovery is still going fine but yesterday I had a major bad day. The gyno called to tell me the path report showed I have a very rare form of cancer. I am now waiting on them to call back w/ the appt to see the gynocological oncologist.

I'm handling this very well. It is a "good cancer" in their terms. Its low grade. Still, I hate telling my kids and my parents. I would also just like to not tell my 87 year old grandmother but that has been tried before and really upsets her if she finds out.

Keep moving ladies and push the water to help those bowels.

CS
Unread 11-14-2007, 05:51 AM

Mindy, glad you're feeling great! I do too! Had my TAH on 11-5. I can feel myself healing every day and every day I can move a little easier. I really do think a big part of it is because pre-surgery (and still) I was eating a very healthy diet, taking some supplements, and tried to exercise as often as I could. My friends/family sometimes laugh at me because I don't do trans-fats, eat lots of fiber, eat steel cut oatmeal, drink soymilk, etc., etc. but I guess this is showing them that good nutrition really makes a difference (even if you start post-op, I've read).

Well, here's to healing!
Unread 11-14-2007, 05:52 AM

CS, you hang in there, sugar, and keep that good attitude. Big hugs, and keep strong, sister.
Unread 11-14-2007, 06:46 AM
Feeling good after at one week!

Hi Mindy-

I'm also feeling good at one week post-op. Taking Motrin every 6-8 hours and most of my swelling is gone. It is really hard not to do anything.....but walk.

Hope you continue to do well.

Jaeden
LSH/BSO right
Unread 11-14-2007, 07:49 AM
TAH Nov. 8 and feeling miserable

Hi, It is great to read how others are doing. It's almost been a week for me but I still feel really awful. I arrived home Nov. 10 and am still using Tylenol #3's for pain. My abdomen feels tight and hard like my uterus used to feel when I had one. I still have my ovaries but I am guessing that the jostling they had from the surgery is causing them to release hormones that make me feel this way? It takes my breath away. I take several short walks about the house and my bowels have been moving...yeehaw! Still taking stool softeners to help with this. I read so much about others feeling so good afterwards it scares me that I am feeling so awful. Friend's have been really supportive...calling and visiting. I still have 1/2 the staples and hope to have them out this week. Oh, and I cry at the drop of a hat...or sooner! Not sure what's up with that...even when a friend drops in! Hope others can give me some feedback....
Unread 11-14-2007, 09:25 AM
All these weird little aches and pains have developed...

Hi everyone. I'm a week and one day out from my TVH and starting yesterday I have been noticing some aches and pains in my body. My right arm is the worse. A burning sensation starts in my shoulder and comes down my arm, lasting for 15 seconds or so then fades away. It will come back again and do same thing probably every ten minutes or so, but not consistently. Even my toes hurt too, which I can't really figure out. I had been doing really well, basically pain free for the last few days, so this has thrown me off a little. Anyone have any ideas what this is, and I'm wondering if maybe I should give my doctor a call. The pharmacist told me when he gave me my prescription for Cenestin that it could cause blod clots. I have no idea how that would feel, but it seems to be where my mind goes with these pains. Anyway, thank you for your responses and Happy Healing! Mindy
Unread 11-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Feel like I am just starting recovery after 11/5/07

After my total LAVH with my bladder sling on 11/5 I feel like I am just starting my recovery. I had been having my bladder leak (I'm talking about major leakage 24 hours a day) outside my abdomen through the incision for the suprapubic catheter. I made 3 visits to the surgeon's office and seeing everyone but the head surgeon who did my surgery and felt like I was being sent home because they didn't know how to fix the problem. Last Friday their solution was to wear a bag with the catheter for 24 hours to seal the hole in my bladder. After leaving the bag on for 48 hours still no difference. Went back Monday they took out the catheter since it wasn't working and told me to catherize myself every time I peed. Still no relief. Yesterday I went back and told the nurse I was probably going to cry the entire visit again (this is after I was already leaking all over myself in the waiting room) she went out and found the chief surgeon. Thank God. He explained to my husband and me the cause which no one had done before. Apparently some time after surgery my bladder was so full before it was drained that the hole to the catheter had stretched larger than the tube thus the leak. He put another catheter on my uretha with the leg bag and said within 24 hours the bladder should seal itself. I walked out thinking this will not work but the light dressing they put on the incision has been dry since that visit. Hooray! He said I need to stay in bed flat on my back for 48 hours. After not sleeping through the night for over a week I slept for over 12 hours and still dry!!! Tomorrow they will take the catheter out and I will have to start the voiding tests all over again with the self-catherization each time but hopefully that will not last long. Now I am going to have to start trying to get my strength back. Dealing with that just totally wore me out.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register