Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Unread 11-21-2007, 10:44 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Hi All. I've been reading through the posts and feeling comforted knowing I am not alone in this. Today I am going without pain meds to try to clear up brain fog. So far the pain is not unbearable. I will take something before bed tonight. I've decided I am going to rest, rest, rest. I want to heal correctly the first time. It's hard, though, not thinking about all the things I've gotta do once I'm better. Got my staples out yesterday. I think I was worried about it a bit. Didn't hurt at all. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! Rest up!

jenny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2007, 11:45 AM
Reporting progress

Dear Sisters: I just realized there were some things different about my hyst from others. Please remember we are all alike but we are all different!
1. On the slightly down side, I am 55, older than many. Lets face it the older some of us get the harder it is to deal with some of this stuff! I suspect that I am going to have to give myself lots of time to heal.
2. On the positive side, I had multiple problems: cysts, fibroids and endo. Although there was a lot to be taken care of my surgeon got it all done in a relatively short time. I was in surgery slightly less than three hours. Getting over the fear of cancer is tremendous. I can sleep on my right side for the first time in years. I lost 10 pounds!
3. Good and bad: I have a high pain tolerance. The nurses came in the second day and asked why wasn't I using the pain pump more. This is one of those things that made it easier on me to have the surgery but was also probably why I put off the surgery and did not listen to wht my body was telling me. This is one of the most important things this experience has taught me. Listen to your body and report symptoms honestly!
4. Smug? I have resources in dealing with emotions that others don't. In addition to being on antidepressants for years I have learned other coping skillls when my emotions are overwhelming. Dealing with depression has made me resilent. If you would like some suggestions there are many websites that deal with depression or mental illness. You don't have to be mentally ill to make these suggestions help. Type in recovery.
Hope this helps others because this site is really helping me!
Love, Iowa Woman
Unread 11-21-2007, 02:23 PM

I had my TVH on November 16th. The plan was to also take my left ovary because the tube was filled with fluid and has a cyst on it but the dr said it was to high up and he couldnt get a visual on it. He said rather than cut me abdominally he said he wants to wait until I heal and do it laposcopic through two tiny incisions.Iwas upset about that but but I guess i rather have 2 tiny cuts than a huge incision. The TVH went well .I had hardly any bleeding.Iwas in alot of pain in recovery.I remember they kept giving me morpine. The next day the dr took my packing out which really hurt and then after the catheter was out and i was walking they sent me home.I got home about 1 and by 5 Ihad a 101.5 fever.My dh called dr and they made me go back to the hospital.The dr called and said we were coming and to go through the ER. The ER wouldnt listen and said there were no beds open and made sit in ER for 3 hours. I was in so much I could barely sit.Finally they called me back and resident ob/gyn came in and said where have you been? Apparrently they had my room upstairs ready for hours.I was so mad at that lady in the ER.I ended up staying saturdat and sunday night and was discharged on Monday after lunch. I am doing pretty good now.The pain is tolerable.I am just trying to take it easy. Sorry if my spelling is wrong. Its the crazy pain pills
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2007, 03:07 PM
Re significant other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverbank
Hello All,

Maybe I'm being hormonal, but I'm very curious of my fiance's behavior since I've had this done. He always has something to do, and he is acting very different toward me. I'm trying not to let it show that it bothers me, I don't want to look like a cry-baby--anyone else having issues with their significant other? Anyway, this sight has been a blessing. I am so glad to have others to share feelings, info. with. Thanks for listening...

Tara
Sometimes when guys act odd it is because of the fear and misinformation. I have had to educate my hubby a bit even though his Mom had a hyst. Ask him if there is anything you can explain to him or you can discuss. Hang in there Riverbank and remember you have your sisters!
Iowa Woman
Unread 11-21-2007, 03:18 PM

ahhh...you are so right. I have much of my family in Iowa. My little family of 5 now live in Texas, With the great recovery going on it would really help to have some famiy help.
At age 35 I feel that 10 mg of paxil keeps me happy!!!
Unread 11-21-2007, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Woman
Sometimes when guys act odd it is because of the fear and misinformation. I have had to educate my hubby a bit even though his Mom had a hyst. Ask him if there is anything you can explain to him or you can discuss. Hang in there Riverbank and remember you have your sisters!
Iowa Woman
Men....hmmmm.....I would go to his mom. does he have a good relationship with her? Is he usually attentave with you.
My husband is sweet and wonderfull....untill he has to do everything...feels like a marter. I just strook his ego and tell him,that he is.
Remember that were kinda extra sensitve these days
Jen
Unread 11-21-2007, 09:43 PM

No headache today and I did put the Vivelle Dot back on last night. I took a double dose of pain meds today and actually felt pretty good for little while and got up and did more things. My rear and back are probably my worst problems after my pelvic floor repairs. The steristrips are coming off and incision seems to be doing just fine. It is really low which is surprising, once my hair grows back down there it is going to cover it up, great job doc. Hope you ladies have a happy thanksgiving.
Unread 11-21-2007, 10:41 PM
Day 10

hi there ladies. wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. i am grateful that, for the most part, my recovery is going better than expected. i overdid it yesterday and was very uncomfortable today .. this seems to be a prevalent theme among the group. it is very difficult to "take it easy " in our busy world BUT complications will arise if we are not careful taking away our choice to "take it easy"!!! Thanks for the support
Unread 11-21-2007, 10:49 PM

Hi everyone

everything is going fine here, I havent even had any panadol for 2-3 days now woohoo!!
only prob Im having is bowel movement, but heres hoping that will clear up in the next day or 2
Unread 11-22-2007, 12:01 PM

Do any of you have new pain since the removal of staples? I have a burning feeling from TAH in one line down to my left leg. Everything else in that area is numb. MY DH has been wonderful, the only part that bugs me is all the advice and concern he is getting about how bad things are going to be for him with me being in menopause. Ticks me off, I've had no symptoms yet but am going to homopath tomorrow to see where I am at. One guy said I was going to gain 30 lbs. I am trim right now, and oh boy watch out for the mood swings.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register