Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Unread 11-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Finally online again

This is how my hysterectomy went. Uterus only was removed abdominally at 7:30 am Nov. 14. Surgery was on schedule. Woke up in a lot of pain (in my back, not my abdomen) which morphine wouldn't touch. They gave me something else - don't know what - but it worked and they put that in the pump. Walked a little that evening and ate broth and some saltines. Ate a little cereal for breakfast the next morning and steadily improved through the day. Cath came out and did very well eating and walking according to nurses. Told I could go home Fri. and come back Mon. to have staples removed or stay til Sat. since we had a long drive. God is good! We elected to stay Sat. and thankfully too, because that night I began with severe vomiting. They wound up giving me phenegren to control the vomiting and knock me out. Then Sat. - xrays to see if there was a problem. Turns out it was a nasty stomach bug. This set my recovery back a few days. I finally got home on Sunday. Since then, steady progress, still tire easily due to low hemoglobin (9.9) and the virus. My digestive track is trying to get back on track. Hopefully things will continue to improve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-22-2007, 05:38 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Happy thanksgiving! I'm thankful to be home now after my TVH on Monday. Came home Tuesday afternoon. Still having trouble eating, it just makes me queasy. Had problems with nasea the entire first day, probably from the meds. Still on liquids, though potatoes taste ok. Jello is ok, but getting tired of that! My brain wants real food, but my stomach says NO!
Unread 11-22-2007, 07:43 PM

Happy Thanksgiving Ladies!
DH did a wonderful small dinner and tomorrow we are going to watch movies. He said that his biggest fears are over now and he wants met to rest and heal. He has been the best friend I can ask for.
I hope everyone had a great day and din't over eat.
I had my post - op heck up at 6 days yesterday and did The doc told me that my insides were a mess however there was no cancer. A Big sigh of relief so I had to . He did say that things were quite a mess in there and this should have been done sooner if only the other Drs would have listend to me its my body and it was hurting . They removed the steri tape and my incisions look wonderful healing just great. He also told me I could drive wooohooo we will see about that tomorrow when I get up. I over did my celebration and was a bit sore all day today and had to take motrin. I knew better but couldn't resist I can also take a long hot soak in my favorite bubble bath He also gave me the orders not to ift anything heavy or sweep and mop yet but said be normal LOL Whats normal if you are bored???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2007, 08:40 AM

Today is exactly a week since my TVH. My dh had to go to work today so I find me home alone having to take care of my 3 kids while i'm in pain. My mother in law says she is too tired to watch them even though she has only looked after them once since my surgery. I don't think im going to be able to rest all day. I've already have had to do laundry and clean today and i cant take any pain pills because then I might fall asleep. I just pray this day is over fast!
Unread 11-23-2007, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconway101
Today is exactly a week since my TVH. My dh had to go to work today so I find me home alone having to take care of my 3 kids while i'm in pain. My mother in law says she is too tired to watch them even though she has only looked after them once since my surgery. I don't think im going to be able to rest all day. I've already have had to do laundry and clean today and i cant take any pain pills because then I might fall asleep. I just pray this day is over fast!
I would let the stuff go and watch what you do. I feel great but I know I have over done a couple of days and payed for it. How old are you kids? see if they can lend a hand if they are old enough I wish I could come over and help you I would...
Unread 11-23-2007, 11:19 AM

Good Day Histersisters,
I had my TAH removed both overies and a softball size fibroid on Wed. the 14th. You sure do have to stick up for yourself in the Castle. I was able to walk down the halls on Thursday. Came home on Sat. afternoon. (after I had a BM). It has been 8 days now still pain if I do not take meds. but overall it really feels good to have that alien out. I am able to walk down the road and concentrating on good posture. It really helps me to lay on my back with lots of ice packs for about 15-20 min, It seems to take some of the swelling down. I am enjoying walking through the neighborhood and enjoying the view and taking deep breaths.
I learned quite a few things that might our pre-op sisters while they are in the Castle. I will post on pre-op page.
I am so glad I had this operation and greatfull that I was able to.
Hang in there sisters the first week is the hardest!
Unread 11-23-2007, 11:59 AM

Hi all. Hope your thanksgivings were great. Mine was. Dad did the cooking. Couldn't sit at the table for too long but still enjoyed myself. Had to take some pain meds when I got home. Today has been motrin only in the am. I am just tired today. Every day is better. Making myself take it easy. Told I wasn't allowed to drive for almost three weeks. I suppose that is good as I would be tempted to get in the car and drive. However, I am a bit stir crazy.... Not used to sitting around so much. Wanna do this right, though, so there will be no complications. Take care, all.
Unread 11-23-2007, 01:24 PM

I had a Robotic LAVH on 11/14. Recovery from this has been a breeze. No pain pills since leaving the hospital 11/16.

I also had a cystcel and rectocele repair as well as some other pelvic floor repair. These have been far tougher to recover from. Although I haven't had any bad pain, I was off and on catheter for 7 days after surgery. No fun! The rectocele repair has caused some discomfort as I can not seem to find a comfortable way to sit. Also preventing any constipation is a big issue since constipation or straining would undo the rectocele repair. I would definitely recommend the robotic hysterectomy!

Mary
Unread 11-23-2007, 01:41 PM

Hi Sisters!
I had a TAH w/ BSO on 11/12. I am 11 days post op right now. I am having huge difficulty having BMs. I have been taking 3 senokot s a day & drinking lots of water/fluids. I can actually feel the BMs packed in there w/ my hand (sorry to be so graphic) but can't get them out. I don't want to strain too hard as I am afraid to bust something in there. I am also still having lots of pain-taking percoset. I am able to walk around & have been doing so as much as possible. I am also having tiny bits of bleeding from vagina after using bathroom-sometimes its red other times light peach. My follow up is next week. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Help!
Unread 11-23-2007, 02:57 PM
Nov. 15

I had my tah on Nov. 15. I was in the hospital without any real complications for two days. I was nauseated, slept a lot, almost passed out on the first walk, but by discharge day was sitting in a chair, drinking coffee, and reading the paper. Incision area hurt, burned for a couple of days, still pulls, mostly aches like a baby pushing a foot or an elbow in a bad spot. Am more flexible and able to do every day (a week and a day after) I get tired fast, but can stay up all day and visit with family, read, watch tv, tell people what to do, etc. I can't twist or turn and bending over takes concentration. Still have stabbing pains, gas pains (but they weren't as bad as I'd heard they were for me) and feel like someone beat me with a baseball bat. I get so tired of sitting or lying down, my back hurts from it- but I can't stand for too terribly long either. Family is being very good to me and taking care of me, dh has been very sweet and helpful- still very hard to watch the house get messy and things out of place but just letting it go. I will have to teach myself how to do less and be still, that's the hardest part!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register