Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Unread 11-25-2007, 02:13 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Everyone's posts have helped. Recovery is foremost--means giving up on habitual multitasking and focus on basics: plenty fluids, fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, and honoring the messages of my body. Thanks to sister that suggested green tea, which relieved gas/constipation and reduced swollen belly. Haven't experienced leg cramps personally, but could be related to low magnesium--maybe try dark green leafy vegetables or fresh berries. I would check with doc if vomitting preceded the leg cramps problem. Take care and feel better, sisters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2007, 02:43 PM

Had my TAH 11/16. First week went pretty good. Today I feel like I've relapsed. I'm so tired--I feel like I took drugs, and the only thing I took today was Motrin. My incision is healing well, except one small part that is seeping a bit--I don't know if I should be concerned about this or not. I'm depressed because I thought I would have much more energy than this by now. Hopefully this will pass. I feel so helpless!!!
Unread 11-25-2007, 02:51 PM

Riverbank, hang in there, from everything I've read and heard, the energy comes and goes. My doc even warned me that one day I may feel great and the next tired as a dog...regardless of activity level. So when your body says slow down, just try and listen...tomorrow you may be back to feeling great. As for the incision, you may want to call your doc tomorrow and ask about that. It very well may be nothing, but you wouldn't want to get an infection after all this.

Good Luck!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2007, 04:28 PM

Hi All. It is such a nice thing to read these posts and knowing I am not alone in this adventure. I have had three crying episodes that came from nowhere. I had one today after my shower. Every day I make sure to take a shower cause I will be able to keep track of improvement this way. Usually after a shower I have to rest and sometimes nap afterward. I figure I will know I'm getting better when showertime isn't such a chore. The crying comes out of nowhere. The only thing I can figure is that I am overtired and so I sleep. Seems to help. I cry over NOTHING. The other night Charlie Brown Thanksgiving came on and I started to cry at the music! Anyway, my hubby took me to my sisters for a "playdate" yesterday. We laughed cause he had to drop me off and pick me up. Can't wait till I can drive. Went to Olive Garden today with my other sister. Went well and tasted oh so good. Just relaxing now this evening. I am noticing things that feel different and better since the operation. Mainly in my back. And I slept through the night last night with no potty breaks!!! Yeah! Was going about 3 times a night preop. It's the little things......take care jenny
Unread 11-25-2007, 06:09 PM
Post-op, surgery 11/15

I am new here. I didn't find this site until after my procedure. Complete hysterectomy by abdominal surgery. I have always recovered from surgeries, etc. fairly quickly. This time I don't know what to think. My time at the hospital was pretty uneventful except for some bad bouts of nausea the night before I was to be discharged. That got me one extra day in the hospital. I came home on Sunday morning and all seemed to get better each day. Then Tuesday hit. I had my first bm and it was a terrible experience. 40 minutes on the toilet which ended in a very painful bm. I got my staples out on Wednesday which were replaced by steristrips. Those will fall off on their own within 2 weeks. My doctor said all looked good. I go back to see him this Friday. My biggest thing is that I can't get rid of my nausea and heartburn. Everything I eat and drink makes those worse. My taste is off so nothing tastes like it should. I barely eat. I keep hearing stories of women who were back to normal after one week and I can't believe it. I don't feel like I will ever get back to normal. Any advice? Is this normal?
Unread 11-25-2007, 06:26 PM

ddebord, i can relate to the BM, same thing happened to me. I started driving after about 2 weeks. I don't get out everyday but I have done some christmas shopping. Heartburn has been kinda bad too. Alot of rolaids! Other than that I feel pretty good. I get tired real easy. Some days I feel on top of the world other times I am so tired. I have read that this is normal.
Good luck, You will love this site.
Unread 11-25-2007, 06:32 PM

Have you gone back to work? I am not two weeks out yet but will be when I see my doctor next on Friday. I am hoping he will allow me to drive then. During my pre-op appointment he told me I would be off of work for 6 weeks. That seems soooooo long. We have a 40 pound dog who thinks he is a lap dog so I have been in my room (our room is our entire basement) since I came home on Sunday. I sit in my recliner most of the day but do get up and move around frequently down here. My gas has subsided over the last couple of days so that has made me feel a little better. I get mental fog a lot still even though I only take one or two pain pills a day. I tried saltine crackers for my nausea but all I can taste is the salt so those make me feel worse. My DH was nice and got me a little coffe pot so I could keep mint tea made for myself. Pretty much everyone is gone during the day all week long.
Unread 11-25-2007, 06:43 PM

Hi ddebord, hang in there. Me, also TAH (plus BSO). Maybe sluggish digestive tract could be helped by short walks indoors, stool softeners, green salads, and plenty water. Check with your doc on the heartburn, could be something or nothing. Mostly rest and sleep have been best remedies for my various discomforts. Also silly TV show (for me, Curb Your Enthusiasm). Take care.
Unread 11-25-2007, 06:49 PM

I have kept myself on a fairly soft diet since coming home. I did eat some Thanksgiving dinner but as my tastebuds are off... it didn't taste too well. At least the rest of the family got to enjoy it. I try to walk for at least ten minutes once an hour right now. I can't wait for the steristrips to fall off so I can have a bath! The entire sponge bath thing stinks! Washing my hair is even more fun. It is funny you mention silly TV shows. I normally love to watch true crime shows but am overdosing on comedy shows right now. Although I try not to laugh as that is kind of painful. I am hoping that my brain fog will clear enough to allow me to do my work for my college courses this week. I need to get caught up!
Unread 11-25-2007, 06:50 PM
6 days post op

I had my TAH on the 19th. I went home from the hospital on Wednesday the 21st. I had catheter that was taken out Tuesday morning. STILL no bm. I have been taking colace since the day of surgery. I pass gas occassionally but no urge for bm. I phoned the dr on Friday about this and they said I'm fine as long as no vomiting & nausea and so long as I am passing gas. I'm getting nervous about it anyway. I took some Milk of Mag. tonight but not a full dose. Other than that, I think I'm recovering fine. I'm pretty sore but not more than I expected. I've had lots of company which helps and a good DH taking care of me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register