Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 - Page 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Unread 11-26-2007, 08:14 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

I am so tired today. I have also been having a lot of pain in my lower back. Has anyone else been experiencing it? I felt pretty good yesterday. Today i feel like i took pain pills when i didnt. I am upset over this whole thing I guess. When i had my surgery they were supposed to take my left ovary too because the tube is filled with fluid and i have a cyst on my ovary. Since i had my hysterectomy vaginally they couldnt get a visual on my ovary. I wish the dr would have told me this could happen.My ovary is what gives me most of my pain. He told me that he will wait 3 months to make sure im healed al the way and do it laproscopically through 2 holes by my belly button. I just wish he would have given me a TAH instead of TVH and get it all done at once. I hate having to recover and deal with my ovary pain for 3 more months. I think im going to rest now. Be back later
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2007, 10:05 AM

Hi Kbean, I am 11 days post op now.
I have been drinking a glass of warm prune juice in the morning or at night, it really seems to help. It also helps to take a slow walk outside.
MY DH caught a cold, he is pretty much over it, but now I have it. Oh well maybe it will help me slow down.
Hang in there.
Wishing you the best!
Laura
Unread 11-26-2007, 10:30 AM

First time here, kind of lost. Had hysterectomy on the 15th. Still hurting, incisions not healing well, can't work so I feel like I am going crazy. Does the hurt and confusion go away? I can't stop crying... Somebody just please tell me it gets easier.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Feeling a little better each day!

LAVH, BSO, enterocele repair/post repair on Nov 16th. I am finally feeling a bit better. Pain memds made me very sick in the hospital. Had migraines on Turkey day and Black Friday. Got sick from those too. Figured out that the percocets were giving me the migraines, so I stopped taking them.

BM's are still not normal; nothing until 2 days at home...now they are the opposite. Hot flashes worse than before and according to the family, I'm moody.

Wow! I didn't intend for this to be a gripe session; but, I know some of you will understand.

I'm taking off the entire 6 wks from work; Dr. said it's best. I need to beat the boredom. I'm planning to do Christmas crafts, etc...

Thanks for listening.
Unread 11-26-2007, 01:29 PM

Hey princesses! Good news to post. I went to the Dr today as I was having some weird pressure and of course had to look! and could see stitches...internally...so thought I'd better check to make sure all was normal and he said I'm healing like a champ and that other than heavy lifting over 20lbs and nothing vaginal I am free to do everything else! Not sure I should tell DH and the kids this news....

Sure hope that everyone else is having a smooth recovery and that any problems resolve themselves quickly!
Unread 11-26-2007, 01:57 PM

Ok had a Total hysterectomy on 11-12 anyone else losing their mind I can't seem to remember anything and using my brain just does nothing. was reading a book every 2 days now can't even get through a book or even 3 chapters today!! is it me or is this normal?? but other than that my recovery is good I hate saying that seeing all the problems that some are having I even went back to work today! my house was driving me crazy!! Wish good health to all you others!!
Unread 11-26-2007, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyshirley
Ok had a Total hysterectomy on 11-12 anyone else losing their mind I can't seem to remember anything and using my brain just does nothing. was reading a book every 2 days now can't even get through a book or even 3 chapters today!! is it me or is this normal?? but other than that my recovery is good I hate saying that seeing all the problems that some are having I even went back to work today! my house was driving me crazy!! Wish good health to all you others!!

Hey sweetie,
your body and mind can play horriable tricks on you...there is even studies that tempary mental illness can affect some after surgery. Such as temp. O.C.D. and depression. These things are normal...but you should call your doctor and let him or her know of your mental state. You might need your hormones checked or whatever you doctor feels might help.
Good luck.
Unread 11-26-2007, 05:39 PM

Hey hot flash chick it is not gripping, it is reporting symptoms! I had a TAH with removal of tubes and ovaries. Meds often make me sick so I tried limiting them and did ok. My colon is still complaining....gas & loose then bloaty the next day. I find that oatmeal helps me.

It was hard to let my son do the turkey on Thanksgiving but I knew it was 18 lbs and I shouldn't lift it.

Boredom is the enemy. I did go to the library on Sat and got some good books. Tomorrow I am cleared to go ahead and drive and Wed I am going to try teach. I will let everyone know how it goes.

Finally, I don't see my doctor until January! She said as long as I am doing well I don't come in until the 6weeks are up. Anyone else?
Iowa Woman
Unread 11-26-2007, 05:56 PM

My doctor is very by the book...I had a TAH and he will see me for 2 week and then 6 weeks. No driving for 2 weeks and no work for 6 weeks.
Unread 11-26-2007, 06:36 PM

Iowa Woman, My doc. only had me schedule a 6 wk follow-up. He gave me symptoms to look for that I should call in about if I'm concerned and said that I may drive after 2 wks if I feel up to it. As long as I don't have anything unusual, I will begin driving on Friday, and then my follow-up appointment is on Dec. 19. (Six weeks would be the 28th, but nobody will be in the office the week of Christmas). I'm guessing he'll just give the ok for me to go back to work as of the 28th. I'd rather just wait til after the 1st. We'll see what happens!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register