Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 - Page 21 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Unread 11-29-2007, 10:27 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Hi all! Had an owey day yesterday. Couldn't figure it out at first, but I think I know what it is. My stomach has been numb to the touch since surgery. Yesterday I could feel touch and also could feel some muscle pain I hadn't noticed before. I think stuff is shifting. Anyone else feel more pain week 3? Feel ok today. Still can't even imagine going back to work! I am going to enjoy my time off as much as I can cause I know in a few short weeks I'll be running around like an idiot again! Everyone have a great day! jenny
ps disneyrocks: don't second guess your decision. It's done anyway and can't be reversed. I had to tell myself that week 1. Now I'm very glad I did this. You wouldn't want anything attaching to your bladder. And golf ball is pretty big for something that's not supposed to be there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2007, 11:08 AM

Congratulations TamaraJo! I to have had a good recovery. I t has been 2 weeks today since my surgery. I asked my Doc since I did not have the tvt if I would be going back to work sooner and she said absolutely not. I don't know that I would make it through an eight hour day on my feet and steady moving. I work at the hospital where I had my surgery. Keep me posted on your daily progress
-----------
J
Unread 11-29-2007, 12:50 PM

I slept better last night than I ever had B4. Since the good progress report from the doc ALOT of stress has been lifted from ever since I found out about getting the surgery. To be honest today is my first day of feeling RESTED. And I feel great. I look forward to go sleep tonight too. You cant go back to work yet!!! You know you would wear out quickly. I used to work in a hospital to and theres no way,even as good as I feel, That I would make it through an eight hour day... Dont get so restlss. Let yourself enjoy this time off. Today my UTI is finally going away so thats another plus. Im off to do MORE laundry an I got the okay to mop my floors so I will be dong that after all the boys go to bed. And thatll be all I can handle for today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2007, 05:01 PM

I applaud you going through this with 5 boys to take care of. My boys are older so I have not had to worry about doing for them. They have just kind of kept on with life and every so often pop their head in and say Hey Mom how are you feeling today. I love my boys dearly but I do wish I had a daughter. I just think that it would not be so lonely if I had a daughter who truely understands all the changes and moods that a woman goes through. Well enough whining for me. Thanks for reminding me to just relax and enjoy my time off. I'll try to do that.
------------
J
Unread 11-29-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roserita
Hi all! Had an owey day yesterday. Couldn't figure it out at first, but I think I know what it is. My stomach has been numb to the touch since surgery. Yesterday I could feel touch and also could feel some muscle pain I hadn't noticed before. I think stuff is shifting. Anyone else feel more pain week 3? Feel ok today. Still can't even imagine going back to work! I am going to enjoy my time off as much as I can cause I know in a few short weeks I'll be running around like an idiot again! Everyone have a great day! jenny
ps disneyrocks: don't second guess your decision. It's done anyway and can't be reversed. I had to tell myself that week 1. Now I'm very glad I did this. You wouldn't want anything attaching to your bladder. And golf ball is pretty big for something that's not supposed to be there!
This is week 2 for me and today I had some pain but, just figured I had tried to do too much. I still have to take a nap or at least rest each day. I know there is no way I could go back to work right now...
Unread 11-30-2007, 04:49 PM

Hi! Haven't been on the computer for any length of time since my LAPVH on 11/14. I only had my uterus removed so I still have my ovaries, etc. Every day I'm feeling a little better and am finding it hard to not dive in and do too much. Talked to the doctor's office this week because I didn't have a 2-week post-op due to my doctor being extremely busy. I am cleared to walk although they said no marathon shopping trips! I don't know that I could do that anyway--I find that if I'm over doing it that I get crampy and a backache so I'm taking it easy. I go for my follow up appoint at 4 weeks post-op. I'm scheduled to go back to work Dec. 27th.

I have experienced a couple of nights where I've woken up to feeling a wave of heat encompassing my body and I find myself a little sweaty--I'm thinking it's my hormones that are a little out of whack after the surgery. Has anyone else experienced this?
Unread 11-30-2007, 05:12 PM

Hi Honeybee62. I just had my TLH on 11/15, and today was my 2 week, post-op appointment with my doctor. I'm sorry that your doctor is too busy to see you, because after two weeks of healing, it's reassuring to hear a professional's opinion on how you are doing. Today was my first day out of the house, and I thought I was doing great, but when I got home, I felt pretty beat up, tired, and had a bad backache. I realize that you had less done than I did, but don't push yourself too soon. I also am beginning to experience the night sweats and waking up during the night. I've been on bio-identical hormone pellets for the last 3 years, and haven't had any menopausal symptoms, so you can imagine how unhappy I am with these symptoms now. I am due to have the pellets inserted on 12/14 - after my most recent bloodwork has cleared the lab. I don't know how old you are, but if you still have your ovaries, and they are producing hormones, you should be back to yourself soon. Good luck and take it slow.
Unread 11-30-2007, 07:30 PM

Cant say I have had any night sweats happening .... but what I have noticed and Im not sure if its normal or not is that my Boobs are very tender! Is this normal? Iv had a TAH with BS conserved ovaries
Unread 11-30-2007, 08:33 PM
pain

I have had 3 c -sections. This TAH was my 4th cut in the same area. This time I am having lots of stinging pain in the scar area. Anyone else have this issue?
Unread 11-30-2007, 08:55 PM

Hi everyone: I went back to work and I must say take it slowwly! I had to have a nap each day and today I was so tired when I got home that my son just fixed something for me to eat and I just relaxed for a while. I'm glad it is the weekend. In addition to being tired I am having cramping feelings! How can I be having cramps when everything is gone?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register