Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 - Page 26 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Unread 12-05-2007, 05:15 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

I had the bladder LSH/sling done on 11/12 also. I'm not sure what you mean when you say you can feel it though. Is it painful? I think the bladder surgery affected me more than the hysterectomy. Much more pain involved in healing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2007, 05:42 AM

Don't have a bladder sling but have read about it in other forums as well as other people commenting on it maybe they can help.

I have my first post-op done on Friday November 30th and don't go back until January 11th now. I am feeling a little frustrated by that but what can I do. The Dr. says I still can do any exercise except walking (which is fine) but I still can't drive, etc. I do a little bit more everyday but no heavy lifting and shovelling (I've picked a good winter for this surgery), etc. It is hard because I have a 4 year old that is very active and she is "bored" very easily. We are both driving each other nuts.

I guess that means I am feeling better since I am going crazy not being able to do everything I want to....
Unread 12-05-2007, 06:39 AM

I think I jinxed myself in my post yesterday. I had been feeling so good--lots of energy, no pain. Last night I was up all night--very uncomfortable. My incision is actually very sore today--I hope it's not infected. What's wierd is I have a belly ring, and it now looks like it is infected, and my earrings are also sore. Don't know if it could all be related. I'm so worried that I overdid it when I was feeling so good. The only other thing I can think of is that up until last night I had either been standing, baking cookies, or up walking doing other things--shopping, etc. Last night my daughter had her Christmas concert, and I sat for and hour and a half in a hard chair. That was more difficult than standing and walking around. This actually scares me, because I go back to work on Dec. 31, and I am a customer service rep. so I will be sitting my whole shift. I'm going to take it easy today and hopefully everything will be back on track tomorrow!! Hope everyone else has a good day!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2007, 07:00 PM

Wonderin_What I know what you mean with the 4yo, we have a 3yo and she too is getting bored and me frustrated .... But as of next week Im allowed to drive locally so I can at least then take her to the parks to play that should hopefully settle things
Unread 12-06-2007, 02:33 AM

Thanx Chickette2. It is nice to know someone else is in the same boat. Since my doctor hasn't given me the green light to drive yet and I won't get it until I go back in another 5 1/2 weeks. We're a little housebound.

Do you have snow in New Zealand? The only reason I ask is we are having winter here and right now got a dumping on. I went outside last night to see the Holiday Train and I think I will try to take her outside again today. Haven't been outside since the dumping of snow and ice as I was afraid of falling. Guess it's silly in a way but I don't want to fall and not be able to get back up or do internal damage in anyway.
Unread 12-06-2007, 02:39 AM

Riverbank-try a ring pillow to sit on. I know through my grandfather it works for hemroids so it might help when you sit on it at work. I know what you mean about sitting though. I was uncomfortable last night and still am when I am sitting. I am wondering if it is the stiches/healing process working. If the uncomfortable feeling keeps up I am going to see about buying on of those rings to see if it helps.

My incision is a little sore but itchy also. Does anyone have any advice about what to put on the incision to keep it from itching anymore?
Unread 12-06-2007, 02:54 AM

Wondering_What .... Yes we do get snow here in NZ but not where we are, we are in Auckland, it snows further down the Island not here also at the moment we are *meant* to be in summer haha yeah right today was rainy and yuk! .... just hoping it all clears up before christmas day!!

Have just watched on youtube a video of a 'De-Vinci Hysterectomy' it was an hour long but oh my very interesting!! I found myself holding my tummy during it haha.

Hey Wondering_What .... are you able to go to your doctor and get the green light for driving before your next check up? .... Thats how I done it, I see my Gynae on the 7th January but went to my family doctor the other day and asked him about me driving might be worth a try if you get desperately frustrated at home (just a thought?)
Unread 12-06-2007, 02:42 PM

chickette2...It's too bad about the rain. Makes it more difficult to get outside in many ways. I guess in someways I am lucky about the snow.

No I haven't watched 'De-Vinci Hysterectomy' but I will look it up on youtube thanks for the advice need a laugh.

Thanks for the advice about seeing my family doctor to get the green light. May try that if I can find the time and get someone to drive me there....hahaha.
Unread 12-06-2007, 05:20 PM

I would think it is better to go with what your gyno says, not the family doctor. This area is the gyno speciality, it would be best to stick to that recommendation. Be careful your recovery is very important to your total health.
Unread 12-06-2007, 05:26 PM

Wondering What....

Try some Lanacane spray, vagasil, or hemorhoid ointment for the itching. Tucks pads placed on top of your regular pad or pantyliner are very soothing against your skin as well. These worked great for me......

I too would try to get into my gyn sooner just to release you to drive. My doc released me after only 6 days to drive! Which was good because I drove myself to the appointment! I was off the pain meds for a couple of days and felt good, so I went for it. Of course I didn't TELL him I had driven myself, but felt way less guilty when he told me I would be ok to drive!

Good luck! I can't imagine still not being able to drive at this point!! I went back to work Monday! I'm a teacher, though....nothing real strenuous.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register