Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 - Page 33 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Unread 12-12-2007, 05:02 PM
lump

Hey Girls,

It been awhile sence I checked in. I left a message at the doctors over a week ago,today the doc. called to appoligize himself that my file had been put in the worng area and he wants to see me tomorrow. i am so afraid that The large lump under my scar is an infection. I just pray that antibiotics will take care of it. I can stand the thought of him cutting on me agine!! Ouch!! I will let you know how I come out!!
Blessings!! And stay warm!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2007, 11:23 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Hi, I am 4 weeks post-op today. I am feeling ok, but I still get down sometimes. I am used to taking care of my family, since I haven't worked for over a year now. Company down-sized and closed the site in Jackson, MS. I am excited, because I start work on December 31, 2007. I will start work as a Systems Administrator II. I will be 6 weeks post-op by that time. I am excited, but a bit leery. I have started taking mini-walks in my neighborhood this week. I take my time and smell the roses so to speak. It is so hard for me to ignore my house and it's untidy state. I have a wonderful DH who works nights, and two girls (ages 5 and 12). They are doing the best they can, but I feel a little guilty that I can't do some of the things that I used to do for them. My children told me that I was a wonderful mommy and that they didn't realize until now how much stuff a mommy has to do. They told me that they love my and that they are proud of me. That really brought my spirit up. I am learning to love a little clutter and untidiness. I know that they are doing the best that they can and that this is our house. Together, we can accomplish anything that we set out mind too. My oldest makes sure that the youngest has a bath every night and that their clothes are ironed. My DH cooked the first week and has been doing all the shopping for the household. I am going to take them out for a wonderful dinner in the following weeks. I wish all of you ladies well in your recovery.

By the way, I had a TAH, kept ovaries. Yes, some days, I feel like superwoman, but then I remember that I am not. I have cried somedays for no apparent reason. But I remember that I have a savior who loves me and that I am special. I will say a prayer for you ladies and your recovery.

One love.
Unread 12-13-2007, 06:59 AM

Nvgemini-my ds-19 and dd-15 and dh have also stepped up to the plate. They seem to have learned where the kitchen sink is. All of sudden they know how to load the dishwasher and clean up. You like I hope to, need to keep them doing some of these things for the long haul. They need to help instead of going back to seen us as just the help.
I have felt like a queen with the treatment my family has been giving me, I don't feel at all taking for granted like I have at times. They had no idea all the things I took care of because I just did them and did not say anything.
Enjoy the love that is coming your way. TAH/BSO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2007, 12:01 PM

Hi All! No one has posted for a couple days. Hope all is well. I am now 4.5 weeks postop and feeling pretty doggone good. I helped with my jrhigh instrumental concert last night. Wasn't allowed to look like I was "working" so I couldn't conduct but that was the most I'd moved around in a while. The biggest things I noticed were that my ankles swelled a bit, my stomach became numb again and my incision started to burn. And some back pain. Today I feel pretty good, though. Sure am glad I didn't try to go back to work this past Monday! I know I couldn't have done it. Last night was a nice "breaker in" to life when I go back to school. Hope everyone is doing well and hope to read some posts in here later! bye
Unread 12-14-2007, 12:32 PM
relapse and a trip to the ER!!

We'll I hae been doing so much better,tiered,but getting around!! The doctor had me come in yesterday,said,the the dark lump under my scar was a hymontoma (sp?)
But I been having sharp pain on the right side,they had me go into the er only after a CAT SCAN did they tell me that I have a UTI and major swelling from over doing it post op.
Now I am only 35 with 3 boys....at four weeks I thought I would be over the bad stuff by now!!
I cant just lay around...they want to go to the movies after school!! I hate that I did this when they need me so much...even my sweet husband is stessed out!!

Hope everyone else is doing better!!
Love and Blessings!

TAH on NOvember 13th
Unread 12-14-2007, 02:44 PM

Hi Everyone! I went to the doc yesterday and he said everything looks good--I'm all healed up inside. Even cleared me for "you know what." Took it slow, and it wasn't bad. No soreness or pain. He said the twinges of pain after urinating are normal for alot of people. I have noticed that my incision has been burning lately. I think it's due to the cold weather. Anyone else having this problem? Anyway, hope you all are doing well!
Unread 12-14-2007, 03:06 PM
4 weeks post op

I have made it to the 4 week mark. I am feeling great. I have tried to take it easy. I had to explain to DH,DD and DS that they will have to do more. I made a list of things they could do around the house to help me out. So far so good. I have walked on the treadmill some but have not jogged. I go for my check up Monday and then I will find out when I will return to work. I hate to so it but I miss work. My incision look great but has started to itch/burn. I have only had 2 hot flashes and this is the time of month I would usually start my period. DH said I was a little grouchy a couple of days but I think it was because I was tired from trying to get the house decorated for the holidays. I have found myself munching a lot lately. I think from boredom more than anything. I will have to buy healthier foods to snack on or I am really going to pack on the pounds. I hope everyone is doing well and making great progress..
Unread 12-14-2007, 04:42 PM
update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Woman
It has been one month since my surgery and I am still having a lot of constipation! I normally have a sloooow colon and eat oatmeal or grapenuts for breakfast, lots of fruit and veggies, drink lots of water. Haven't gone for 3 days so I took colace last night and still no result. Any suggestions?? My incision is ok, my bladder works well and I dream of sex but this constipation is icky!
Hot tea finally helped. Called the dr office today and they decided that I should have my iron checked and see if I can stop taking the iron pills.

I also asked the nurse if I could give my hubby the Christmas gift of sex since that will be 6 wks and my checkup isn't until Jan 2, They said yes and I've allready told him what he is getting for Christmas!
Unread 12-15-2007, 03:13 PM

went in tuesday to see doc she said I healed great released for everything but lifting and sex. still have stiches in place at my vaginal cuff so gotta wait another week or 2 hubby thinks I am trying to pull a fast one. HAHA. My doc said I had a tumor 18cmx18cmx11cm on my utereus, a cyst on my right ovary 6cmx5cmx5cm and endometrious on my right ovary. My recovery went very well went back to work at 2 weeks and am pretty much back to normal now. This is my old period week feel like having a party now that i have no pain. been having pain forever it feels!! I hope everyone else is having a great recovery!! stay comfy and warm everyone!! Shirley
Unread 12-15-2007, 04:44 PM

At my 4 week post-op the doc said I was healing just fine. I asked about what I could do now since I live alone and it kills me having to ask friends to come over and vacuum, but now I can vacuum! Silly to be excited about being able to vacuum, but it's all about independence. The pathology report on my uterus noted "inumerable fibroids", I had so many they couldn't even count them all! Overall I'm feeling good, still need a nap most days if I go out shopping and like Soul2 found myself eating more than usual, out of boredom. Unfortunately I have to wait until the 6 week mark to go back to the gym...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register