Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 - Page 41 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Unread 01-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

I'm back at work and find that I do have periods where I get really tired but I find that if I move around a little I'm okay. I've heard it takes 6 months to a year to be 100%. I have had a hard time getting up in the morning and am hoping that it gets better over time. I'm learning to take it easy and try to be superwoman and go full speed ahead. It's hard but I'm doing it.

I'm looking forward to getting more on a schedule--overall everything has healed pretty well. My incision by my belly button is finally healing up--my pants were rubbing against it and it had opened a little so I've been keeping a band aid and neosporin on it so that it heals up. My belly is still a little sore but not too bad.

I have found that when dh and have been intimate that it's a little sore but I think that's because I'm still a little swollen internally and it might also be just being a little tense because I don't want it to hurt...does that make sense? The good news is that I've finally stopped spotting!

I have to say this site has been a great help in answering questions and support!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2008, 02:59 PM

I still have major swelly belly too! I didn't gain any weight while I was off either. I look pregnant I'm eating right and can't understand why my belly is still sooooo big. I hate it......
Unread 01-02-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanoffox2
I still have major swelly belly too! I didn't gain any weight while I was off either. I look pregnant I'm eating right and can't understand why my belly is still sooooo big. I hate it......

I know the feeling, before my tummy went down I looked and felt 5-6 months pregnant! .... there is light at the end of the tunnel though!! (honestly) it does go away!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2008, 03:19 PM

I am not feeling like being very social, am irritable, sensitive to noise, not sleeping well and it is like my thermostat is stuck in HOT mode. I am a very social person so this is a huge change for me and right now, my emotions are all over the place, which I hate....... I'm also feeling a bit depressed......... Husband doesn't understand why I just don't feel emotionally or physically like I can not hold up longer and am having problems taking on tasks that involves negotations to resolve them.
My staple marks are so red and noticeable. They are also raised. I am beginning to think that they will be prominent, permanently. That would be awful. It is still somewhat tender along the insision line. My staples got left in for 2 weeks because my doctor went out of town a few days after my surgery for the Thanksgiving holiday and it was to early to take them out when he left. How does the staple marks look on the rest of you?

Nov. 12 - TAH with ovaries removed
Unread 01-02-2008, 04:18 PM

My incision is sore to the touch but nothing I think that is unreasonable. My staple marks are fading with some still red but not raised. Are yours oozing or anything? I think you should check with your doctor if they are really red and sore. Are you on HRT? I don't know much about that, just what I've read. I would talk to your doctor about that too. I hope you feel better soon!
Unread 01-02-2008, 04:48 PM

My insision is only sore to touch too but I guess not unreasonable. My staple marks, while fading a little are still red and raised. They aren't oozing or hot to touch, but I did get an infection and started on antibodic at my 2 week appointment when the doctor removed the staples and say how bad it looked. The doctor said I had quite a reaction to the staples being left in so long. I hope it hasn't turned into keloid(? spelling) scars.

At 3 weeks I started on New Phase. At 5 weeks, I started feeling really bad emotionally, not sleeping well, irritable and very hot. The New Phase worked well by itself for about a week. At 5 weeks the doctor added the Climara patch. I've had a hard time with it staying on for the entire week, so I am not sure how much estrogen I am really getting from it. The sides loosen up and then when you shower you wonder if the water is rinsing off some of the estrogen off the patch. At 6 1/2 weeks, I was still not feeling any better and the doctor has added Estratest along with staying on New Phase and Climara. I am starting to feel a little better emotionally with the estratest added, starting this past Saturday, but will give it more time to see if I see bigger improvements overall. I am so tired still.
Unread 01-02-2008, 05:54 PM

I had the same surgery and same day as you did. My incision is healing well I am applying a Vitamin E gel with aloe that I love to it and it is working for me. It is called Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E gel. I use it on my entire body. I order direct from the company it cost $3. Can't bet the price. Online.
I am also working with my homopath for the hormones, I am using progest. and testo. topical creams, so far, and they are working for me.
I suggest you get the Wisdom of Menupause book by Dr. Northrup,it gives you a lot of information and resources for answers, and she will answer e mails.
My whole endroc. system is effected by the removal of my ovaries, but it is also capable of taking care of the ovaries job if nurished properly. The adrenals make estro. and testo. and the brain makes progest. So I am doing everything possible to nurish my body and let it do the job naturally.
Do look for a professional to help with homopath etc. do not ask questions of the kid behind the register. Look them up in the resources of the book.
I am doing quite well right now, but expect it to change and I will need to adjust as we go along. Good luck.
Unread 01-02-2008, 06:17 PM

I mix Fruit of the Earth 100% aloe vera gel and Spring Valley Vit. E. Oil together in the palm of my hand and also put it all over my body for moisturiizer after my shower each day and on the incision. It is great stuff. I'm hoping that it will eventually reduce the incision markings significantly.

I just picked up a book on menopause at Sam's Club by Dr. Christine Northup and am looking forward to sitting down and reading it. Thanks for the further endorsement of this book.

Thanks for your info on what you are doing to help your body adjust to no ovaries. Did you get your progesterone and testosteron cream from the doctor or a health food store?

I am glad you are doing so well. That is encouraging to hear. I would love to go on a homepathic route and have it work for me.

It is interesting how many things are affected by our ovaries and the estrogen they produced. Thanks for your info.
Unread 01-02-2008, 09:00 PM

I am 7 weeks out LAVH/BSO on 11/15 and back to work this week it sucks to have to go back ,but The bills are in time to pay LOL! My belly still swells at the end f the day and I have only been back to work 3 days. I also have heavy lifting to do every day. If I could have stayed home and really want to. It will get better at least I am not in the pain I was just sore and tired. My belly never got real swelled it could be due to the fact that I have good muscle tone even at 45 I still work out to keep up with my health. I have notice through reading here that each one has been different mine was 6 weeks for the procedure to be returned to work due to the lifting factors.
When I get to rest my belly does not swell so watch what you are doing I have a band that can be worn at work for extra suport for the next 5 weeks at least the swelly belly band can be of great help.
Unread 01-02-2008, 10:58 PM

I have gotten my creams from the homopath I am determined to be as natural as possible. One of the most interesting things I have learned is that my body and brain are still trying to nurish my uterus and ovaries. It does not understand these things are no longer in my body. Only that it has not feed them. It makes sense that we are such a mess after surgery.

I see the homopath about once a wk right now and I mentioned about my face being a little broken out. Well she was able to tell me the zit above my lip on the right was for my left ovary. And the middle of the chin was the uterus.
In that book there is a wonderful reference section look for a way to get creams from that. I know you can buy some over the counter but I would want some guidance first. This is not a one size fits all issue. Good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register