Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 - Page 44 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Unread 01-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

tomorrow is my 8th wk with vertical incesion does anyone know when we can go tanning know seems like a petty question but planning to get some sun before vacation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2008, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTJac
I'm glad to hear everyone is recovering so well. I was wondering if anyone was noticing any hormonal changes. I had one ovary removed but I still had PMS symptoms eg food cravings, sore breasts, etc. It's not as bad as before, but I'm just wondering if this will be ongoing or is this my hormones still readjusting?
Thanks to everyone for any great advice :-)

Just wanted to say that I am still not released for intercourse yet and this past week I was so "*****" that my breasts actually hurt and were feeling full. I said to my husband that we had to do something about it because I was in tears with the pains in my breasts. We did something about it but did not have actual intercourse because I don't want to risk anything just in case.

Not sure if that helps you out or not but that was my experience this past week.
Unread 01-06-2008, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey2
Tomorrow is 8 wks TAH/BSO no hormones, several Big Os, everything going quite well. One question the left half of my mound is numb, it seems to have gone back to numb. I have been coughing due to congestion and this area hurts when I do cough deeply. Any thoughts are similiar experiences. My swelling is not as bad just depends on what I do for the day as to amount of swelling I have.
My skin above the incision has gone from numb to prickly, back to normal, and now is feeling prickly again. For me, it's the same all the way across. Today was the first time I tried wearing low underwear instead of granny panties and it was uncomfortable against my skin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2008, 07:25 AM

mikeyshirley-I would think the tanning if you expose your incision to it would make it tough and instead of soft and supple. I don't think it would heal as smoothly under these conditions.
Unread 01-09-2008, 01:48 AM

How is everyone doing now? ..... our thread seems to have gone quiet latley

well I still have until the 24th til I get to see my gynae and be released for everything .... still not happy about the wait but oh well what can I do?
Unread 01-09-2008, 06:05 AM

I'm slowly getting back into my regular activities. I walked with my friend yesterday and found that my stamina just isn't there yet. At the end of our walk I just kept thinking "I'm almost back to the office" because my legs felt like lead weights! Overall I'm feeling pretty good.

I got a call from the doctor's office on Monday and the specimen they had taken from my incision by my belly button did indicate a staph infection so I'm on ampicillin for 7 days. So far I haven't had any "side effects" from the antibiotic.
Unread 01-09-2008, 07:40 AM

I am on my second week back to work and have caught a cold. My energy level seems to be down a little due to the cold, The first week back to work made me very sore but it seems to be going away. I think that just moving about and getting back to a regular routine has help me some.
Unread 01-09-2008, 08:23 AM

I'm doing ok, except for a yeast infection. Very uncomfortable!
Unread 01-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Checking in

Hi everyone: I am doing well except for occasional periods of tiredness. My iron level is still low but the doctor says that will take time to build back up. The hot flashesand night sweats are very uncomfortable but I admit I haven't got the prescription filled yet. I am still celebrating the feeling of relief and freedom from worry that I might bleed heavily in public or that it might be something requiring long term treatment!
Unread 01-09-2008, 09:30 AM

This is my last week at home before going back to work. I'm trying to get some projects done at home and over did it yesterday. This morning I have a Swelly Belly which is painful when bumped. Very unusual to have this in the morning!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register