Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 - Page 45 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007 Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Unread 01-09-2008, 09:41 AM
PMS and first sex wasn't so good

Hi all. Haven't been here in awhile. I am now 8 weeks post op. I've had PMS symptoms for over a week now-tender breasts, bloated belly, overeating, can't sleep through the night. Only plus is I don't bleed. But I really had hoped I wouldn't have to go through this monthly misery anymore! Has anyone else experienced this? Also, waited until 7 weeks post op for sex. Was very afraid it would hurt. It didn't hurt at all, just couldn't have an orgasm. It was a bit frustrating. Well, hope you are all doing great. Take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Hysterectomy dates Nov 12-Nov 19,2007

Me, too. Last week I went through that phase I always had when ovulating, that I could eat everything in sight. Then had the moody, cranky, depressed stuff, too.
Unread 01-09-2008, 10:17 AM

I was an emotional wreck until the doctor added Estratest about 1 1/2 weeks ago, along with the climara patch and new phase I was already on. Now it seems like the joy and calmness has returned to my dispostion and mental outlook. I am so happy to be feeling better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2008, 11:05 AM

I got over my cold and fortunately my neck and shoulder pain seems to be getting better (saw a physio today who spent the whole sessions asking questions and filling in a form before agreeing with my GP it was a trapped nerve and 'come back next week'). So very much ready to be getting back to normal life. One disturbing fact is that a sneeze brought on an uncontrollable leak, which I did not have before, even though my main surgery was for a prolapsed bladder. I guess I shall have to work harder at the pelvic floor excercises or live with it. Anyone else?
Unread 01-09-2008, 11:12 AM

Hi
up to now i have felt really good. went hosp 2 day for blood and urine test. as i went to gp last wk because feeling so tired.gave me 4 more wks off wk.
but this afternoon i have really bad swelly belly infact i look about 6 months pregnant. i have been going to the loo esp alot at night 5/6 times even when i don't drink alot. was just wondering about a yeast infection and would it give you pain in tummy and back and feeling very bloated!!
Unread 01-09-2008, 11:47 AM

Hi all, It has been quiet on this thread for a while! I was hoping everyone was doing well. Sounds like we are having our ups and downs. I am very similar with PMS symptoms. Went back to work last Thursday and it has been rough. I wasn't sleeping well and my belly is huge so I went to the dr yesterday. Strange visit. Outcome is that I gave blood work to check hormones and will be getting an ultrasound to check for hernia. He didn't seem to think it was any of that but that I just needed to wait it out. He did give me some ambien and I slept like a log last night. I took today off to rest and I feel sooooo much better. This has been quite the adventure!
Unread 01-09-2008, 12:15 PM

Sevans-I wonder about your cold-because I had cold like symptoms 2 wks ago and still getting rid of it. But it was not a cold, I had gone to the chiropracter and the adjustments release fluids from surgery that were caught in my lower back. It has to travel though the lymph system to get out. So it behaves like a cold but is not. My first symptom was waking up the day afterwards with my left neck gland hurting. I have taken things like Tylenol Cold at night so I can sleep and expell a lot of stuff in the am.
I have a lot of coughing too. But is not in my nose, like a cold.
This has made me wonder how often I thought I was treating a cold when I was not. My homopath put me on somethings to help my lymph system drain better. Just putting this out there. I can't be the only one doing things this way. TAH/BSO
Unread 01-10-2008, 04:54 AM

I am doing quite well. I have been back to work for a few weeks. I even went to Fl. for one week with my family (20 of us!). I do still tire easily but that is okay. Overall I feel very lucky that everything went so well.
Unread 01-10-2008, 08:24 AM

I'm continue to do well and never think about the surgery. I go back on the 21st and hopefully I won't need a bladder sling but we'll see what happens. I never had the Rx filled for estrogen patch but I think it's time. I posted before what hospital and doctor charges are in your area. I'm astonished that 23 hrs. in a hospital costs $27,000, doctor $10,000 and anesthesia $1000. I don't know what folks do without insurance but I'll be out of pocket $3,000.

For me this surgery has been "a piece of cake". No swelly belly or anything so that's a good thing. Wishing all of you a complete and quick recovery.
Unread 01-10-2008, 08:34 AM

My total bill for TAH/BSO 2 nights in the hospital private room, was $11,000. we have insurance but are self employed no employees family only policy. We have a $5000. deductable. My out of pocket will be $4700. total. Luckily they will give me two yrs to pay it off. We have the high deductible so we can afford to even have insurance. I hope more people respond to this question. I've been talking with a sister from Canada comparing what she gets with a Universal Health Care system. With this up coming election it would be good if we as a group were educated as to what would happen if we end up with a new forced on us system.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register